Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

den perry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
apparently thompson was going to be involved for the denmark squad but he is currently injured

not sure if there's any truth in the rumour that spurs are monitoring the situation - should the injury prove to be niggling and our persistent they will be tabling an offer in the january window

den perry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fastshow

is scotland not in england then?

u'll be telling me london isn't the capital of europe next

the spl might not be all that great but the epl is hardly competitive is it? ok so there are 2 teams in scotland but there's only 3 in england - make that 4 if u count tottingham - they are a massive club after all

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You both have valid points and as much as I think the 2 from north of the border would do well in the epl i think that would be too far for our friend Dazza to travel on his Spurs Travel Club bus pass

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sweaties...

is scotland not in england then?

Well, let the debate begin but no, recently I've been informed that it's a distinct and separate place entirely. I've got a fair number of Scottish mates and, despite the fact they all either live in London or Vancouver, they all swear to me they're a culture of their own. They must be. It's why none of 'em actually live in Scotland.

It's much the same with the fcuking Aussies. I don't believe there's a place called Australia either there's so many of the cnuts getting in my way every time I turn around.

London is the capital of everything. Where else can you stagger into a Sainsbury's and buy Walker's 'Roast Turkey with Paxo Sage & Onion' flavoured crisps? Fcuking genius.

So four teams in England, eh? Who's that? Spurs, Arsenal, Man Ure and the 'boro?

Thought so.

den perry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think ur stretching it a bit

peterborough haven't done anything in years

ur not a bleeding heart spurs fan who keeps going on about them being a massive club are u?

burnley used to be a big club as well but u don't get their fans whining on about how good they used to be

and three point lane is hardly a fortress

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How dare you accuse me of that?!

ur not a bleeding heart spurs fan who keeps going on about them being a massive club are u?

No. No, I'm not. I included them in the Big Four to take the piss. Forgive me, I forgot where I was. Burnley supporters don't give a fcuk about Hallal either.

Posh forever Fastshow.

den perry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
gotcha

thought ur posts were far too interesting to be written by a supporter of the hotspurts

have u seen the new big bertha driver? that's a big club as well

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Job !

Originally posted by Terry
You mean I'm the only one on here thats been to Brisbane Road? You haven't experienced Association Football until you have watched teams from the lower leagues, the proper grass roots. Only then can you appreciate the game and come up with arguements about what managers should and shouldnt have done.

There you have it.... Hoddle's new job

What a humbling experience that would be :D

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sweaties...

Originally posted by Fastshow
London is the capital of everything. Where else can you stagger into a Sainsbury's and buy Walker's 'Roast Turkey with Paxo Sage & Onion' flavoured crisps? Fcuking genius.

Fukc I miss that !!

Anybody who's coming back here, please bring me a case of each.

Cheers

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Let's hope Tottenham restores a bit of pride in the club and signs players who really want to turn things around at White Hart Lane, which I heard is one of the nicest parts of London.

Oh yes, a real nice place to raise a family... :rolleyes:

Coppers get murdered on the streets and everything...lovely.

Captain I'm dissapointed, with all that talent I was sure you were a Hammers fan...;)

Cheers.. :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dagenham East

Crafty,

I don't think Captain's hard enough to be a Hammer's fan :D

Just out of interest, the British Pantry in Richmond (corner of Moncton and #1 Road) carry a lovely array of Walker's crisps and other bits from the UK. Lovely sausage rolls as well ......

Back on topic, Liverpool are a bunch of thieving cnuts, Arsenal are a bunch of cheating cnuts and the Leeds scum are going to be relegated (sorry Sensei ;) ).

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
to be off topic but onto crisps. The Chevron on Hwy 10 and 128th sells Walkers crisps and proper chocalate from britain. Noticed at 3:30 am on Friday and thouroughly enjoyed some dodgy crisps.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, glad to see that this thread is booming.

Just been catching up on all the musings in here.

Jinky,

First of all, I wouldn't get too ****y. The word in Tottenham circles close to the club (a very reliable snout) is that Spurs are waiting for Celtic to exit the Champions League before snatching O'Neill. They are currently arranging extra financing to get a transfer kitty in place. I have said on here before that I didn't think we would get him, but it appears that they are prepared to wait it out.

This particular snout has a very good track record of leaking news about upcoming transactions.

Regarding Spurs not having a good side since 1961, you obviously didn't do your homework on that one. Winning the league isn't everything you know.

FA Cup Winners in 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991.
Runners-up in 1987 (great game, I was there)

League Cup Winners in 1971, 1973, 1999
Runners-up in 1982, 2002

UEFA Cup Winners in 1972, 1984
Runners-up in 1974

Cup Winners Cup Winners in 1963

If you had said "Spurs have not had a decent side since Gascoigne and Lineker" I would agree.

Anyway, don't fack with me when it comes to Spurs History.

It's not like Celtic haven't had barren spells eg. mid to late 80s when Rangers were winning anything and everything.

Terry, you must be a Gooner.

Well, it's going to be all over for you boys soon my son. You will not win anything in England this year. Your luck will run out. Chelski are gelling already.

When Peanut Head Vieira goes to Man Utd and Wenger leaves, along with Henry, Pires and all the other girls, all that will be left will be Pikey Parlour and Monkey Keown. Can't wait for that. In fact it is only a matter of time, perhaps only weeks, that you go out of the Champions League again.

Everything goes in cycles mate. We've been shite for the past 12 years, and you guys have been great. How can I forget May 1991 at Wembley though and this from Motty:

"It's Gascoigne with the free kick...he might hit it you know.....ooooooooooooohhh....that is schoolboys own stuff". Yet another free kick goes past Seaman.

Nayim is still a God though....lobbing Seaman from the half-way line:rolleyes:

When Wenger leaves....do you think Bruce Rioch will make a return. We'd love that:D

Daz:D :D :D :D :p

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty

We are a culture of our own, much like you English. The only difference being we were not sodimised by half of Europe, so we have retained a wee bit more of our heritage.:p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dazza
Winning the league isn't everything you know.

Kinda says it all really. That mindset might be the reason your mob hasn't won the league in over half a century.

Winning the league is everything.

And stick to being the typical blinkered English football supporter, ie; knowing nothing about the history of teams other than your own. Most of Rangers NIAR came in the 90s.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good point well made.....

.....we were not sodimised by half of Europe

Undeniable though if you would allow me to continue the percentage theme, better to be sodomised by half of Europe than be completely and utterly 100% violated and defiled by the Scandinavians.

At least that's what my Gran used to say at Christmas after a few sweet sherrys.

Off to Oirland to see what they have to say for themselves, Fastshow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

What happened to Paul McStay? Did he ever become a manager or coach? There is a loyal hoop.

Daz:cool:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 'Maestro' works as a pundit for RTE in Ireland. Fasty will probably bump into him this weekend.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leeds thug Alan Smith has been arrested for the bottle throwing incident a couple of weeks ago.

Read about it and the England reaction here.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts