Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
White Hot Lane

White Hart Lane must be going absolutely mental right now.

5-1 to Tottenham over a very full strength Chelsea, the first win over Chelsea in any competition in over 10 years.

Nobody can take anything away from Spurs in this result. SF of the often maligned Worthington Cup, but a place in next year's UEFA Cup beckons for the winners of the Spurs v Blackburn final.

thefutureisbrightandinhodwetrustdaz:D

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might be a wee bit late but oh well

I haven't visited this thread in a while so I haven't had the chance to rub in the 1-0 victory over the Wankers from Manchester. So Guinness and any other red devil fans out there I believe scouser said it already that this was the 6th win in a row for Liverpool over ManUShited,looks like the Reds are back in good shape to take this years title.

withhopeinyourheartsandyou'llneverwalkalone
you'll n e v e r walk alone a l o n e :D :cool:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coincidental absenteeism

I haven't visited this thread in a while so I haven't had the chance to rub in the 1-0 victory over the Wankers from Manchester.

Could that have coincided with Liverpool shitting the bed in the last month or so?

Bigger fish to fry for United in the next few months. Enjoy it while it last.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fergie to stay!!!!!!! Beckham to follow!

Sir Alex Ferguson is working on a new contract that will have him staying on as manager for the next 3 years. This will allow Man U. to negotiate with Capello or Hitzfeld when their contracts are up.

Rumour has it that Beckham contract should be finish sooner now.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give me a friggin' break!

From Soccernet:

Veron to make way in Beckham pact
By Ian McGarry

Sir Alex Ferguson will sell Juan Sebastian Veron this summer as an act of faith aimed at helping to secure David Beckham's future at Manchester United.

Beckham: Veron's exit is an act of faith in him
(BenRadford/Allsport)
The England captain's position in the team has been threatened more than that of any other Old Trafford player since the arrival of Veron from Lazio for £28.1million last summer.

But, after the formalities of his new contract have been finalised, Ferguson will urge Beckham to follow suit and sign a new deal with the reassurance that Veron will not be a factor at United for much longer.

Beckham has been stalling on extending his own contract, which has 17 months to run, because agreement has yet to be reached about the image rights clause and the uncertainty about who would be the new manager.

Relations between Ferguson and his superstar midfielder deteriorated over an eight-week period which began last November when Beckham was repeatedly omitted from the starting line-up.

The manager claimed that niggling injury and the need to rest were the reasons for leaving Beckham out but the player felt he was being unjustly singled out.

Veron has not adapted to the English game as well as Ferguson had hoped and has failed to find a settled position in the United team.

Information has already been circulated to top European clubs that the Argentine international is available for transfer at the same price United paid for him. Barcelona have registered their interest in signing him as have Internazionale.

The player himself would accept a return to Lazio but that now seems very unlikely as the cash-strapped Rome club cannot afford him.

If, however, Lazio were to offer a swap deal with Italy defender Alessandro Nesta as the bait, it would surely appeal to Ferguson. Nesta contemplated a summer departure from Lazio yesterday.

He said: 'It would be wrong for me to say I will never leave, because if I do say that I will look like a hypocrite.'

Ferguson's gesture, however, is primarily aimed at convincing Beckham he is central to his plans and that he wants to consign their recent discord to the past.

If this is true, it's pretty sad! Veron is a much better player than Beckham and more complete!

daz

:D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
????????????????????????

Veron's a much better player than Beckham? Que? You should coach the Meralomas if you're putting out statements like that. Veron had a few great games on the trot early in the season when the wetaher was mild and he didn't have to get his pretty boots dirty but since then (October) what's he done? He's a fair weather boofty and should be sold back to Lazio for more money than they bought him for. Fergie staying was all about hanging on to the England captain (that's Beckham to you) and if it means getting shot of a gandy dancer like Veron then it's good business for Man. Ure. PLC

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posh Spice decided to help benefit the community and began a job as a primary school counsellor. One day during break time she noticed a boy standing by himself on the side of a playing field while the rest of the kids enjoyed a game of football at the other end. Knowing a little bit about football through her marriage she decided to have a conversation with him, so she approached and asked if he was alright, in the knowledge that if he wasn't she could talk to him about the game. The boy said he was OK. A little while later, however, she noticed the boy was in the same spot, still by himself, watching the game. Approaching again, Victoria said, 'Would you like me to be your friend?' The boy hesitated, then said, 'Okay,' looking at the woman suspiciously. Feeling she was making progress, She then asked, 'Why are you standing here alone? 'Because,' the little boy said with great exasperation... 'I'm the fcuking goalkeeper - now just leave me alone.'

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There you go with your "it's good business for Man U again"

Fasty,

As a neutral bystander I couldn't really give a toss whether Veron plays well or not.

However, it does appear to me that Man U haven't been using him properly. He's a central midfielder not a right winger/outside right midfielder. Man U can't seem to decide whether he's a central midfielder or not.

He's just a more complete player than Beckham.

I guess we'll see who's better at this year's World Cup.

daz:D

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Reds school Ipswich on their park

Michael Owen and Emile Heskey both getting a pair of goals today as Liverpool made Ipswich look like a 12 year old girls team in a 6-0 thrashing victory. The boys from Anfield are on top of the league and their game right now outscoring their opponents 11-0 in their last 3 games(including wins at old trafford an elland road).Owen already looking like he'll defend his title as Europe's Footer of the year.

P.S. Liverpool does = Championies :cool:

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worthless, worth a spot in Europe Cup

Anyone out there know of a place that will showing a broadcast from the Millenium Stadium this Saturday in Wales? Not in London, in Vancouver mind you. ;) Nice work from Shaggy to sit out the friendly with the Dutch, the man has priorities.

Can't wait to see the Spurs finish off the excellent work they did in chasing Chelsea back to SW whatever.

max
c'monUspurs

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs v Blackburn

Max,

Let me know if you find anything out, and I will do likewise.

I'm all over watching Spurs win it and qualify for the UEFA Cup for next year!

dazlovesglennhoddle'ssunshinefootball:D

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs' Cup Debacle

Max, Captain, Boycs, Limey, et al,

Bloody Godawful result yesterday. At least Canada's Hockey team gave us a big pick-me-up in the afternoon.

Anyway, this should help ease the pain:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
entertaining....

It was a really good Cup Final with the right team winning. Sheringham will and should be disappointed with his (non) performance but had a good shout for a penno turned down in the dying moments. Brad Friedel won the match for Blackburn with some huge saves. As a neutral it was good to see Blackburn win as that Hoddle is an overnearing fcukwit. No wonder Dazza idolises him. :cool:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tottenham FC Plea To FA To Cancel London Fixture
18th March, 2002 07:42 GMT

By Isaac Hunt

London (Reuters) - In a unprecedented approach to the English Football
association Tottenham HotSpur FC are requesting that future fixtures with
Premiership London rival Chelsea FC are to be cancelled. Tottenham have
suggested that for 2003 season onwards Chelsea should just be awarded the
6 points and the matches not be played.
The Tottenham board of directors took the dramatic step following another
defeat at the hands of Chelsea away at their rivals Stamford Bridge home.
Owen Gole, Spurs PR director claimed this morning "It's just not worth
playing the fixture. Over the past 13 years we've only beaten them once in
all competitions, even then we ended up getting stuffed by Blackburn in
the Worthington Cup final".

The English FA are considering the request from the north London minnows
and are expected to reach a decision in the next 24 hours. FA Spokesmen
have conceded that whilst cancelling the fixture may not be possible they
may be able to give Tottenham a 2 nil head start for future matches. A
step described by Tottenham PR director Gole as "A waste of time, they
[Chelsea] usually score at least 3 against us, sometimes as many as 6".
The final decision on the request will be reported by the FA tomorrow.

Tottenham FC Rocked By FA Drugs Investigation
12th March, 2002 13:21 GMT

By Isaac Hunt

London (Reuters) - Representatives from the English FA drug testing
centre swooped on the north London home of Tottenham HotSpur this morning,
taking
blood samples from players and interviewing back room staff to try and
identify if Tottenham are using performance unenhancing drugs.

The FA made the dramatic step after studying coverage of Tottenham's
fixtures. FA Doctors confirmed "When we saw some of the goal scoring
chances Les Ferdinand had wasted recently, suspicions were aroused". They
went on to say "No one with a clear head could be so crap at finishing
with just the keeper to beat".

Ali Osman, Tottenham club doctor said at a press conference "We're
outraged at the allegation - Our players are naturally shite and don't
need performance unenhancing drugs." However Osman did concede that Eileen
Drewry regularly put Prozac in the team oranges at half time in an attempt
to raise morale amongst players.
Full results of the investigation are expected at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0