Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership 2001/2002/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great start for el tel

From Sporting-Life.com

Leeds boss Terry Venables has described Rio Ferdinand's protracted move to Manchester United as being like "a bomb dropped in our laps".

United have until noon today to table an acceptable bid - expected to be over £30million - after Leeds chairman Peter Ridsdale set a deadline.

But Venables is angry at the way United have conducted their interest, insisting he will be keener than ever to thwart the Old Trafford side's title ambitions if they poach Ferdinand.

He told the News of the World: "It's in their court now but I've had enough of it.

"We can't keep going on like this. It's interfering with the business of the club and our pre-season preparation. That comes into my area and I will not tolerate it.

"We had a bomb dropped in our laps by United and we must deal with it in the best way we can - be we never encouraged it.

"The fact Rio is still a Leeds player shows we don't want to sell him. But if United want one of the best players in the world, they must pay the best price in the world. That's the way it is.

"They seem to think they are entitled to everything and, if they do get Rio, it will make me more and more determined to stop them lifting the title."

If Ferdinand leaves Leeds, it will be just 18 months into a five-year contract, and Venables believes the player should have honoured the contract he signed.

"It highlights how worthless football contracts seem to be," he said. "Leeds stuck their neck out and offered Rio a five-year contract after paying a huge sum of money for him - £18million - to West Ham.

"To lose a player one-and-a-half years later just because that player has become so big is simply not right.

"Players must take some responsibility and be prepared to respect the contract they have signed.

"There must be some limits, otherwise it is the beginning of a farce.

"When I took the job I really thought I would be able to persuade him to stay.

"I understand about the lure and appeal of Manchester United but I still felt Rio would understand.

"He is mad about football and, sometimes, a young player has to learn you can't always have what you want, when you want it."

-Translation: we will prevent ManUre from lifting the title by selling them our finest back. Jonathan Woodgate is a capable (muffled laughter) replacement for Rio as the leader of our club. We wish Rio all the best, especially when we dress Mills as a striker upon our visit to Old Trafford. Remember that cunning bit of skill Danny used to fly though those Danish defenders? Yeah, keep yer head up Ferdi.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
why why why

you know, I'm a HUGE Man United fan, and very rarely do I question Alex Fergie's moves..............but dishing out 30million pounds for Rio is just shite. Don't get me wrong, he's a good defender (but not great) and has yet to prove himself (and no, a few game's performance in the WC2002 does not make you worth that much). And to think, they could have had Nesta for 25 million, who is head-and-shoulders above any defender in the world. Oh well, I'm sure Sir Alex knows what he's doing.........oh wait, he shat the bed with Veron :(

GOOOOOOO YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEDS!!!! :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
30 million .......

Yeah Sage ........ do agree with you that 30 million was a load of money to spend on a defender even though I thought he'd get Ayala for significantly less ....... (rumoured to be around 10 mil). Also, it might have been could for Seba Veron to have another Argie near by to cook up sardines with ........ make him feel at home and all that .........

As far as Seba goes, I think he'll have a great year ....... he's pure class in midfield and it must've been hard to change clubs / countries / cultures the way he did. No more Spag Bol ..... bring on baked beans on toast and a few pasties .........

With a year under his belt and finally starting to settle, he'll prove everyone wrong and light up the Premiership this year ........

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

is the French fossil returning for another season? After the 40 odd goals they allowed last season you knew they were going to drop some big bucks for their back end. Be nice to see if O'Shea gets a run out - he looked alright in his brief appearances.

Veron's got a lot to prove this year after a dismal home season and disappointing World Cup - hope his injury's cleared up.

What about Forlan though? Seems creative but shite's the bed in front of goal?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barthez is a legend ........

Wally,

It looks like Barthez will spearhead the United goal again this year which is fine by me to tell you the truth ...... his early season form last year was ... how do you say ? ........ shocking ....... but after he realized he can't take the piss everytime he goes out, he settled down and hardly made a mistake the rest of the season ......

Aye ....... you giving O'Shea the nod must have something to do with an Irish wife mate !!!!! I do like him but I think Blanc or Wes Brown may get the nod before O'shea .......

I do hope Veron's achilles problem has cleared up since it was obvious that he wasn't at 100% for the last third of the season ...... I maybe put too much faith in the geezer but I just drool over his skill & ability ........

Forlan is still young and trying to settle so I don't know what's in store for him ...... scored a screamer at the World Cup and scored in a friendly on the weekend so hopefully that will boost his confidence ......

Without a doubt though, I cannot bloody wait until the season kicks off .......

Apparently no more signings this off season for United until they sell someone ........

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
French fossil - I was referring to Blanc!
Didn't know if they had convinced him to come back for another year. I guess the lure of a Champions League Cup Final at OT is just too much for anyone to resist!

My better half thinks you wouldn't give the nod to O'Shea as with his Irish background he may beat you in a lobster bake in any of the beer tents in town!:p

They will sell Yorkie - Blackburn or I think I read Middlesborough were interested - he'll be gone soon!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I own Coppertone ......

Waldron,

I'll have you know that I've invested heavily in Coppertone as the lure of judging bikini contests in Hawaii was something I couldn't resist. However, with my new found purchase, they are developing a state of the art Coppertone 3000 for myself available of course in the no sweat version ........ it should be on display for the first time in Kamloops next weekend ........

I actually hope that Fergie keeps Yorkie ..... apparently, he's turning out to be quite a dishwasher and boot cleaner ..... fcukin' wanker ....... sell him back to Trinidad United for some sand ...... set up a beach footy tourny outside Old Trafford and bring Eric back to town !!!!!

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trinidad a GO-GO

Originally posted by Walks
I actually hope that Fergie keeps Yorkie ..... apparently, he's turning out to be quite a dishwasher and boot cleaner ..... fcukin' wanker ....... sell him back to Trinidad United for some sand ...... set up a beach footy tourny outside Old Trafford and bring Eric back to town !!!!!

hear hear :D

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't fcukin' believe it .......

Dwight Yorke has ended his Old Trafford nightmare by joining Blackburn Rovers for a fee of just £2million, rising to £2.6million on appearances and Rovers' performance.

2 fcukin' million ?????!!!!!! You must be kidding me Fergie ......... does that now mean that we can spend all of it on another defender ???!!!!! Can't wait for the new signing ........ Jinky, have you received a call yet ??

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As usual Walks - someone is listening to you - although he isn't going to Trinidad - Blackburn it is - for the huge fee of 2 million quid. With that kind of dough Fergie should be able to go out and get himself some second division cast off - or a player from the Scottish premiership ;)

Watch for Keynon backpedalling again on his no more transfers comment - Fergie will have his way! One more striker....

As for the "no sweat" coppertone - not sure you need it for Kamloops - sitting in the beer tent waiting for a supply of beers from your amigos doesn't really constitute physical activity. Unless your reffing up there - then I would recommend the Centre Circle Stroll - gotta look good for your fans - as always:D

Wally

Jul 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should have known - you have a direct line to OT and beat me to the punch - ah well ... Jinky for 2 mill. it is.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God someone is listening ....

Wally, I would suggest to Fergie that he takes the 2 million and flies all the lads over to Ibiza for the weekend ....... bit of a pre-season debauch before the quest for the title begins ....... I think United spends at least half that on tape in a week anyways .... 2 mill ..... you've got to be kidding me .... great return on the what ?? 12 million Yorkie, Cheers .......

You see the Champions League draw: we've got either Zalaegerzek or FC Zagreb ......... Wow, should be quite the atmosphere at OT for that one ......

As far as the 'Loop tourney goes, I'll be sitting in the beer garden a very long while if I'm waiting for beers from the lads ....... with most of them being Scottish or at least .0001% Scottish, there's no chance of any of them buying a round ......

I'm gonna' buy me a Mr. Turtle pool and lounge in that bad boy all weekend I think ........ park myself at the top of the 18 with a cooler and go to work .......

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't pass the Man U physical.

However, just make a couple more posts linking me with them and that should constitute "speculation".

That "speculation" combined with my fcuked up back should be enough to encourage Glasgow Rangers to make a 12 million pound bid for me.

It certainly worked for Tore Andre Flop.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get it up ya.....

Almost as good a signing as Ceptic's famous 5.5 million Brazilian, Scheidt.

Ajax 3 - Ceptic 1
Werden Bremen 6 - Shitic 2

Lookin' good.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feel free to enjoy those results.

They mean absolutely nothing and you know it.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?????

If I'm following your logic, I guess the "friendlies" against ManUre, Arsenal and Leeds meant nothing to you, as well?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only the one against Man U was important because United, "Don't play friendlies."

Logical, no?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your boots on ......

Jinky,

That was never a friendly against Man U ........ it was Giggsy's testimonial - that doesn't count ...... well, in my book anyways.

I see the possible 12 million transfer for you to Rangers as a couple of different scenario's ..........

1. You can infiltrate the protestant's and start to lie a catholic influence to the club thereby destroying the blues in a cunning way.

2. You can re-introduce the 'Gazza' influence to the club with your nights out to Govan's finest clubs and kebab shops ...... giving the press some much needed fuel as you drag the club into the depths of hell.

Let's be honest though man, with your heavy allegiance to Celtic - you'd turn down any offer to Rangers wouldn't you ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0