Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Edmonton FC vs VMSL All Star Team

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The timing is not ideal but this should still be a very competitive game as Edmonton FC prepare for their upcoming NASL season. The VMSL has obliged by working their regular VMSL schedule around the following:

Saturday, March 17th: Edmonton FC vs VMSL All Star Team
2PM Kickoff at Newton Stadium Turf

The VMSL All Star team will be comprised mostly of the players that were selected after the end of last season and if the roster is short, some new players will be invited out.

Captain Shamrock will be stopping by Newton on his annual pub tour to support the VMSL team in his St Paddy's Day kit.

:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The timing is not ideal but this should still be a very competitive game as Edmonton FC prepare for their upcoming NASL season. The VMSL has obliged by working their regular VMSL schedule around the following:

The VMSL All Star team will be comprised mostly of the players that were selected after the end of last season and if the roster is short, some new players will be invited out.

Captain Shamrock will be stopping by Newton on his annual pub tour to support the VMSL team in his St Paddy's Day kit.

:cool:

Unfortunately.....for the first time EVER......I will be away for St. Patrick's Day. Waikiki with the baby oil and third degree burns. All good.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't Edmonton FC just play Poco FC? Or does Edmonton not want to play a team with a higher payroll?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't Edmonton FC just play Poco FC? Or does Edmonton not want to play a team with a higher payroll?

This was discussed but it would mean Poco would be playing their first meaningful game in 5 months. However, Poco will be playing an ex game vs SFCACBC U-21 Cat Reserves on the 17th, Newton gravel at 8am. Meanwhile, Captain will be surfing in a green banana hammock.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe me, that is a much better mental image than the one etched in our memories from Kelowna circa 1992/3...

"your friends are watching"...

:)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL has obliged by working their regular VMSL schedule around the following:

So with this game going forward, are all league games suspended for the weekend? Or are clubs expected to be playing Friday night or Sunday afternoon games to 'work around' said fixture?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone else notice the NASL Schedule which refers to this match as being FC Edmonton vs. the Vancouver MLS All-Stars? I mean I know there's a bunch of ex-Whitecaps on the All-Stars team, but surely that would only make them the Vancouver USL-1 All-Stars.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL All Stars vs Edmonton FC game has been revised to Saturday, March 17th, 4:00pm kickoff at Simon Fraser University (field #4)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0