Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Edmonton FC vs VMSL All Star Team

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
April of the 2011 Southsiders calendar, no doubt. Why else would you have a copy?

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FC Edmonton to leave calling cards for Whitecaps and their fans
the11.ca
March 13, 2012
by Steven Sandor

When FC Edmonton moves its training camp from Arizona to Vancouver this weekend, the NASL team wants to send the Vancouver Whitecaps and their fans a message.

On Saturday, the Eddies will face the Metro Soccer League All-Stars, and are also expected to get a tour of B.C. Place, where, on May 9, they will face the Whitecaps in the second leg of their Amway Canadian Championship semifinal.

But, while the team plays, FCE’s staff is planning to place flyers and posters around Vancouver’s downtown core, promoting FC Edmonton and taking some jabs at the Whitecaps. The club is asking its fans for ideas on what messages can be sent to the Whitecaps — who will be in Los Angeles to face Chivas USA when the Eddies are in Vancouver.

“We want to start a great rivalry with Vancouver,” said Kelsie Myroniuk, FCE’s social media and sponsorships coordinator.

[read more]

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the VMSL Roster for Saturday's game, most of which is the all star team selected after the end of last season...and I am well aware that there are several deserving players out there not on this list. FYI some players were not available. Anyway, take your complaints to Twitter. Hopefully, this game is well supported by the league members (4pm KO at SFU Field #4):

-Didar Sandhu (GK), Croatia
-Rowan Anders (GK), Westside
-Max Baesatto, West Van
-Leo Nash, West Van
-John Poli, Columbus
-Paul Bahia, ICST Pegasus
-Darko Jelic, Croatia
-Diaz Kambere, ICST Pegasus
-John Sulentic, Croatia
-Kozo Manome, Columbus
-Niko Marcina, ICST Pegasus
-Harp Khak, Delta
-Adam Costley, ICST Pegasus
-Steve Deblasio, Columbus
-Russ Huggon, Metro Ford
-Sahil Sandhu, ICST Pegasus
-Ryan Glanville, West Van
-Angus Burke, Surrey United

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I searched the twitter trending topics for the hashtag you gave but came up empty - typo?

Is it just me or has Darko made every VMSL Allstar team since 1978?

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, according to Wikipedia, you are correct. Darko has been an Allstar since 78'. Well done to the rest of you Allstars. Stick it to them...........

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, isn't Diaz playing for FC Edmonton? or did they release him already?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the bottom of this article that says he was not offered a contract.

I guess he'll be playing with something to prove out there on Saturday.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, according to Wikipedia, you are correct. Darko has been an Allstar since 78'.

That's pretty impressive considering Darko would have been 4 yrs old back in 78'. The way he takes care of himself health wise, I think he will continue to be an all star until 2018! Taking a 40 year run as an all star, that will have to be some sort of VMSL record!!;)

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than the final result, a fun game to take part in. Edmontons movement and fitness was very good, as it should be for a professional team, but I left the field thinking the vmsl could probably put together 2-3 teams that could easily compete in the NASL if they trained together every day and were treated as a professional team.

The absolutely shocking thing was that the game balls Edm insisted on using were retro NASL balls. And I mean retro in every sense of the word...literally the same balls that were used in the late 70's early 80's.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0