Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was in the downtown area this afternoon so decided to stop in at Meat & Bread - corner of Cambie & Hastings.

Been meaning to try this place forever and am thankful & did today.

The place has a simple menu but focus on fresh & quality ingredients. They have a whopping 4 sandwiches on offer everyday with 3 standard items and 1 special that changes daily.

I went with the Porchetta, served on a fresh ciabatta roll with salsa verde & a side of mustard for $8. The Porchetta was awesome ..... very moist, flavourful and with the salsa verde on top, absolutely delicious. The salsa verde was outstanding as well .... a hint of heat with a great combination of flavours. Size wise, it's not a huge sandwich by any means but it is quality.

Get it in you ....... 4.5 toothpicks.

View attachment 9185View attachment 9188

Visited downtown M&B before Xmas and I agree that it is a fantastic spot.

Two locations I think?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New joint at 575 West Georgia downtown called The Nosherie. A disclaimer that the owner is a buddy of mine. I had his Rueben sandwich today and it might be the best I've ever had. Unconventional, with a cabbage topping on toasted rye. Very tasty! They've been open for 4 weeks now and are still expanding the menu. But I highly recommend it. They have also have a pork and a veggie sandwich going with a butter chicken coming in the next week or so. Vic comes from a restaurant family (his faddah was a muddah!) and he has done a bang-up job doing all the renos himself.

Cheers, Peter

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the post Peter!

Hope your buddy's place is successful... more so I want to comment that your post brought a smile to face - maybe this place isn't as dead as I thought it was in terms of others still wanting to post.

BTW, I need a ride to the imports game, swing by and pick me up? I'm in South Surrey, hopefully you can manage it :)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those were fun days Regs, I remember hitting a road block on Oak after too many beers and whatnot and you whipping out a textbook and studying...I had to laugh but it worked!

Take care buddy, not playing any more but I pop in now and then.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap! You just ruined my diet for the summer. Up until now, there was hope.

Honestly, one of us needs to do this and post up pics.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those look gross.

But replace those dogs w/ Italian sausage, and you may be onto something.

SirM, good sir, you have contributed to Dude's Sandwich review, and I thank you. It had been somewhat mothballed. That being said, this is a sandwich REVIEW. I have already allowed you to bend the rules by posting hamburgers, and dodgy hotdogs, but...we can't allow this to continue without a field test, photos, and ratings. It's now on you to go to Freddy's, have him make these, erm, sandwiches (you'll need to find a nice, thick, sourdough, or some other type of fresh bread, because they can't be burgers, otherwise this place would be "Dude's Burger Review", and it's not, is it?), take photos, and give these a rating. Out of 5 toothpicks. 1/2 points and 1/4 points are OK, but don't go trying to pass anything off with an extra 1/3 point, or some random percentage. I.e.: 4.2765 would not be cool. Totally not cool. Take this seriously, please, because sandwiches are serious business.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had butter poached short ribs that our Iron Chef Brian Picard made for after our team wrap up golf tourney this year.

He also made horseradish mayo, and when you threw that, the short rib, and provolone cheese into a ciabatta bun, it was the best dang beef dip sandwich I'd ever had.

Homer like butter poached anything...

4.75 out of 5 toothpicks for sure.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh not me. At my age if I ate one of these it would be at the least gout, or more likely an automatic jammer. Freddie or Walks can try them: if we lose either of them it is not that big of a deal. M.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0