Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dude's Sandwich Review

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was on our trip to Chile. On one of the first days in Santiago, I was coming back to the hotel from the metro and was starving. I had seen this little restaurant across the street and decided to give it a try. I think I at 5 Aleman IIs in 6 days there. 4.5 toothpicks/5 for sure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had me at sautéed beef, guac, and mayonnaise goo out the wazoo. Now that is a review!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been victim to Splitz Burgers in Whistler (only) three times this summer. I have been on a "Bread is the Devil" kick lately. Pretty simple, no bread products. Everything else is fair game, eat healthy, yada. Anyhow, with a great burger you can't just not have the bun. Yesterday I broke down, ordered a very simple cheese burger, bacon, Splitz sauce, babaganouse sauce, some sprouts, tomato, dill pickle...and deep fried dill pickles on the side. And fries.

I didn't just fall off the wagon, I fell off during a high speed wagon chase.

I completed the fall by destroying a nearly full, open, bag of chocolate chips, which one of the members of my family left out on the counter. Fcuking killed it, in like, 30 seconds.

I can't help myself...

http://www.splitzgrill.com/

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh yes splitz burgers. Got turned into these babies back when my buddy lived in whistler as a ski bum/splitz worker. Used to drive up hike the chief, go to splitz and spend a night in whistler. Memories....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been over a year. Why you ask? Because, I have traveled the planet (with the exception of all the places I haven't been), in search of the best sandwich. The world's best sandwich. Not the biggest. The the prettiest. Not the highest. The best. The juiciest. The one that leaves you most satisfied.

For me, the whole scale is based on good corned beef, pastrami, or Montreal smoked meat...but served the way God intended...hot, fatty, sliced thin, and piled high.

I've been to New York a couple of times now. Several famous delis, but the two most famous, the Carnegie Deli, and Katz's. Both awesome. Both great selection, and made "right". Huge variety.

Did Schwartz's in Montreal. I waited in line, in the winter, with baited breath of the gold standard I was about to eat. It was OK, kinda like going home w/ the hottest bird in the bar, only discovering she only fcuks in one position, on her back, and is sort of a dead lay. It was OK, still a great sandwich...but I expected...more...

I went back to my local, Estrella's, today. Daaaaaamn Daniel. This literally is the best sandwich in the world. They really only make one dish at tiny Estrella's. This is it. Always get the fatty cuts, don't bother with lean. Sauerkraut, hot mustard, pickle on the side, done.

FullSizeRender (003).jpg

And, in recognition of Kim Kardashian's birthday, bonus pics. I may love an Estrella'FullSizeRender (003).jpg
BBwStLz.img.jpg kim-kardashian-naked.jpg kim-kardashian-shares-a-sneak-peek-of-a-new-racy-photoshoot-ftr.jpg kim-kardashian-thinner-than-ever-ftr.jpg
s Montreal, but I'd gladly trade one for a chance at Kim.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did Schwartz's in Montreal
I've been building my own sandwiches here at the home office the last couple of months - did you know you can get Schwartz's Smoked Meat at Safeway?

Box of 4 sets you back $15 - pierce a package and nuke it for a minute 30 is all it takes... pretty good really.

smoked1.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been building my own sandwiches here at the home office the last couple of months - did you know you can get Schwartz's Smoked Meat at Safeway?

Box of 4 sets you back $15 - pierce a package and nuke it for a minute 30 is all it takes... pretty good really.

View attachment 16509

Maybe we need to do an episode of Dude's Sandwich Review at Regsies place. Dude, @Ballbaby, @utah, @knvb, 30 malted beverages. Air it live once 25 beers are empty.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
image.jpg The Indecision. Purchased from The Sandwich Shop at Los Vegas Convention Centre.

50% Pastrami, 50% corned beef.

Hot mustard, pickle on the side, no frills, lots of meat, rye bread.

A little dry. I don't like my meat dry.

Overall only ok, expected better.

3/5 toothpicks.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 16948 The Indecision. Purchased from The Sandwich Shop at Los Vegas Convention Centre.

50% Pastrami, 50% corned beef.

Hot mustard, pickle on the side, no frills, lots of meat, rye bread.

A little dry. I don't like my meat dry.

Overall only ok, expected better.

3/5 toothpicks.
Being Vegas, that had to have been a $16 sandwich.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it was.

I've travelled more than the average person, but have never been here. Honestly not sure I'll make it back, either. perhaps for some riding, the mountain biking is apparently pretty good here.

Had to pick-up some items- toothpaste, couple of Gatorade, a snack, and some bottled water. $60.00 US. Basically, a hundy for stuff that would run me $20 at my local 7-11.

Unreal.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Dude

Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood before you leave...must try.

Only use Walgreens or ABC stores on the strip otherwise Vons off strip is a great place to grab some items. With Uber easily had the trip is cheap.

You can use your Safeway card at Vons and you get a decent discount for using it. They are owned by the same company and always provides a good discount on the bill.

Also heard that you can get a free limo ride to the Spearmint.......at least that is what @Rangerforever told me....:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0