Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forgot to mention cheep gas in Silverdale.

Shotgun in the dark with the mist rolling in was really quite magical. Trail of dreamsish.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a confession to make...late Monday, Wilby phoned me up and dragged me out to Eagle Mountain to ride 4 Lost Souls and Dentist. On the hike up, I told him and Andy to remind me of how much pain I was in, and how much I hate hiking when I'm all stoked to do this trail again after the ride. That is easily the worst hike around...worse than the Woodlot.

That said, the ride down is excellent. They have built in some new BIG stunts in there. Actually, I'm surprised at how many I hit, considering I've hardly ridden and haven't done any drops since about August. Nice work...is Tim involved up there?

Friday is, as of now, good to go. Shall we say about 5:00 at the base? One, maybe two loops.

Sunday: Paw Parrish of Crater Cycles in Maui is taking me down an 18 mile DH track, complete with stunts. PM me if you're in. :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta make it worth while and do two. If we are all there at 5pm, we have a ton of time. My buddy Chris from work here will be joining us. So far we have 4. Come on Potatoe, make it a fivesome.

Notty will be supplying the after ride beverages at Seymours. Oh yeah.

Tim didn't build anything on Eagle. Before he came to the ESC, he worked on Burke.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

I am working til 7pm Friday. Then I have quality time scheduled with the old lady :rolleyes: God, she'd love to hear me say that I'm sure. How about next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday? I have a day or two off and we could spend some quality time together. I could also get right fcuking messed up at the pub afterward too.

Dude, are you actually going to Maui this weekend? I will be in Maui and the Big Island for ten days at the start of May and I have heard of that track. Give me the down-low when you get back. Oh, and aloha motherfcuker.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty said:
For pints...back is still Fooked!!!
Or not.

I hate Cypress. If we ever post here again saying that we are riding Cypress(unless it's the new bike park)could someone please remind me that I hate it and I'm busy. Thanks.

The 7th NS Ripper Relay is this weekend. Thedude and I will be racing the DH portions for our teams. My first DH race. Should be fun. Just another ride. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob…time you took up skate park or street…by your reaction to Cypress last week, I’m thinking pavement is more your thing.

OK…on to the Maui report: on Tuesday I met up w/ Paw Perrish, owner of Crater Cycles on Mount Haleakala. His place is at about 3,000 feet. We shuttled, straight to the top of the crater (10,000+ foot elevation), and started the 2+ hour, 18 mile descent from there.

The first portion, about 1/3, was all crater path lined w/ lava rock. Swear to God, like riding on a bunch of spilled ball bearings. Last 2/3rds were some fast single track, mixed in w/ a few stunts. Nothing major, but at least these guys are starting to get it . One rude awakening: the wood here, unlike cedar, get very, very slick in the rain- which there was a little that day. I found out the hard way on a particularly long log ride none of them bothered to attempt. My wrist is paying for that error in judgment a little. Otherwise, no real carnage.

Great time, and great group of local riders. They are coming out in about 1-2 months. These guys aren’t ready for Cypress, so I’m thinking the Woodlot would be good. TheRob: up for being a tour guide?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW Dap: these guys would be more than happy to hook you up. Giving bike tours is illegal, but Paw rents Kona Stinky's. $70.00 for the day. Then, ask him when he's riding next, and ask if you can join- he'll be more than accomodating. Crater Cycles: 808-878-8319. Give him $10.00 for the gas money to shuttle up, or a little Maui Wowy, and you're good to go!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thedude and I would love to take them around the Woodlot. Let us know when they are going to be here and we will set it up.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
BTW Dap: these guys would be more than happy to hook you up. Giving bike tours is illegal, but Paw rents Kona Stinky's. $70.00 for the day. Then, ask him when he's riding next, and ask if you can join- he'll be more than accomodating. Crater Cycles: 808-878-8319. Give him $10.00 for the gas money to shuttle up, or a little Maui Wowy, and you're good to go!

Mahalo, Dude. By the way, did you take your camelback full of Pina Colada? It's very important to stay lubricated, you know.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huckaloogie, Dap. No Pina Colada...that's for guys who ride street and skate park.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I thought that I would get out for a ride this weekend! I decided to meet up with an old friend...

Anyways...thought I would share a few pictures of the ride!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday after work thedude and hit the Woodlot. We rode a new trail up top/Cabin Trail/Snakes/Shotgun.

It was simply an amazing ride. Fast. Smooth. We got air. Little bit of raacing. Good times. Simply put, the reason I ride is for nights like that.

Now then. When are all you Shore cnut going to come out to the Woodlot for some quality riding?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eventually. It's like leaving Ginger's bed to go shag Marry-Anne. Marry-Anne's cute, but she's no Ginger.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistler 2005

Well, for Mother's Day I left the presents out on the counter, kissed Mrs. Dude goodbye, and headed up to Whistler to get in my first runs of the year. Conditions were summer-esque; dry and dusty. Fun factor was high, the lines not too bad, and all runs open. First go was Dirt Merchant for warm up, then decided to spend the rest of the day on Schleyer, Clown Shoes, National DH, Joyride, and Whistler DH.

The highway (A-Line) was in fine form, and I didn't bother. From the chair, all you could see was a steady stream, one after the other. Passing would have been a bitch. I ran into, maybe, 6 or 7 other riders on the double blacks.

Riding season is officially in full swing. :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two weeks Dude. Looking forward to it.

thedude and I will be at the Woodlot on Wednesday. Quick ride and then a little trail maintenance if you are interested. Get your karma up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Boy has power skating on Wednesday. I may skip out for a couple of SFU loops on the little bike, but that's about it.

I can ride today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0