Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Tell me this Regs, if a 250 pound man falls on his head in the woods does anyone really hear the vertebrae crack?
If I got smart with you, how would you know?

:D

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, I know Nite Hawk well. I have one of their sets, and they are bomb proof. Back in my days as a bike shop manager, those guys used to come into the shop to demo their lights. We'd go out to the parking lot and stick them under the tire of my truck, drive over it a few times, and survey the damage. Natta. Great products.

Most of the manufacturing locally goes down south. Race Face does most of their business in the States, as an example.

I agree 100% with this article...the local mountains are really missing the boat on the investment opportunity. It's one thing for Hemlock to try and jump on board w/ a park- that's a tough mountain to get to for Vancouver guys who have a shorter drive to Whistler- but Cypress? Seymour? Grouse? These are the mountains that complain every year that their ski seasons are shortening. Those mountains already see more yearly bike traffic than any other mountain in the World...it's such a natural fit, it's laughable.

It takes an investor with long term vision, but really...it makes sense. You won't find a shortage of competent business people who'd love to manage a project like that, either. Hell, I'd walk away from my business in a heart beat for something like this...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prophetic, is just good timing?

August 20, 2004
For Immediate Release

LIFT ASSISTED MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK AT CYPRESS MOUNTAIN NEXT SUMMER

West Vancouver, Canada – Cypress Mountain would like to congratulate the organizers of The North Shore Credit Union World Mountain Bike Festival and Conference on staging a fantastic event, and demonstrating why the North Shore is respected and treasured by mountain bikers everywhere.

In keeping with this standard, Cypress Mountain is pleased to announce plans to develop a Mountain Bike Park on the north face of Black Mountain, offering chairlift access to mountain bikers beginning next year. Cypress Mountain hopes to have all approvals in place to commence construction this fall on the trail network in order to be ready for an opening date of July 1, 2005.

Initially, two-wheeled riders of all skill levels will find thrills on ten kilometers of trails, featuring low impact designs using indigenous wood, stone, fallen trees, ladder bridges and other mitigative trail construction methods.
The ride up Cypress Mountain is sure to provide mountain bikers with just as many memories as the ride down. With exclusive access to our Eagle Express High Speed Quad Chair, loading will be fast and easy, allowing riders to sit back, relax, and enjoy panoramic views of Vancouver, Howe Sound, the Lions, and the Coast Mountains. After conquering the trails, riders can pause for refreshments at our restaurant and pub.

Watch for more information coming soon at: www.cypressmountain.com
Cypress Mountain is a proposed venue host for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games. Visit www.vancouver2010.com for details.

About time. Where do I get my season's pass? :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Fasty were still about, he'd TTP me for this "feel good" story. But, what this kid is accomplishing is truly mind boggling. Anyone who has raced, or even riden the Sun Peaks DH course will agree that what this kid is doing would have been thought of as impossible until now.

Enjoy the read.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK...this kid is my hero....I was acutually lookin in to getting a 3rd or 4th arm to help my riding!!! Well done...full prop's!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To Potatoe, Notty, SC, et all,

We (Dude, Me, TheDude, knvb, and others) will be hitting Fromme for the second annual Rememberance Day ride. The trail itinerary will consist of 7th Secret, Espresso, and Lower Crippler. We will pause for a brief moment of silence at 11:11.

Alright. Who's in?

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

From what it sounds like...you'll be riding the cursed bike. Care to try your luck with the cracked helmet?

Karma's a bitch!!! :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why? Did she turn you down for sex?

Cracked helmet, cracked vertebrae, cracked camera it's all the same with you innit? One would say it's almost bad Karma. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's like today, should be nice. It's been a while...can't wait to be on the hill again...

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

High pressure ridge coming in this week....after the fog burns off, it should be a cracker day. Have fun lads!!!

~Nottywhowisheshecouldjoinya'll...PS...Dude'sawanker!!

(Just had to throw that in...it's been a while since I've bashed him.)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Married with Children. Notty's a bachelor though and isn't particularly picky see if he'll do what it is you're looking for. I'm not into your sick little mountain games. Freak.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude's not my type......Hairy back!!! EEEEEWWWWWW :eek: :eek:

I prefer the tall red haired type....You up for one KNVBitch!?!?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, LFC2 has officially put us on X-Mass break, last game this Sunday. So with that, I am itching to ride. Cypress, Seymour, Eagle, NO WOODLOT! I could also be convinced to play hooky one afternoon or morning.

If riding isn't in the cards, I'll throw on my planks and head for the snow, too.

Here's another hum drum video teaser, but it does give me the itch, a bit...

http://video.nsmb.com/chainlink/descent-teaser.mov

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Potatoe,

Dude and I and a couple of others are riding Cypress Friday after work? Pump the tires up on that Stinky and let's go.

In?

Woodlot last night. Wet.

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Woodlot last night was marvelous.

We had goooooweeeee mud. fast flowing trails.

building into the darkness of night. Then beers. Doesn't get any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0