Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Downhill / Freeride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? Does it just ache, or do you think it could be severed again?

Fcuk man!

You shouldn't bother with that wheelie drop (unless you're me). The run-up sucks, and the landing is too flat. No real room for fcuk ups. You SHOULD be trying that ramp at the top of Nicholes. Good long run-up w/ slightly downhill landing.

When is the Doctor's appointment? I think I'm starting back up again on Tuesday (Neds or Laddies Only). I have my first soccer game since the surgery tomorrow, so we'll see how the test spin goes.

live life, taste achilles
:eek:

C

crazygreek

Sore, just fcukin sore

smell of trees, sweat and fear. My kind of cologne.

Just sore, do not think it severed
need a stich or two
oh well, be ready to go anytime, maybe after the hospital visit?
;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That reminds me of the time last year, around this time. Story has an MRI appointment for a herniated disk in his back, scheduled at Burnaby Memorial for something like 7:30 AM. I pick him up @ 7:00, with coffees, and take him to the hospital. He gets out at about 8:15, and we're happy because we have 15 minutes to kill before meeting Wilby at the base of North Shore. Enough time to stop at McDonalds first!

Classic...from the MRI tube to the hill!

We rode really well that day...I think Ladies Only.

Can't ride today? Shitty. Can you drive us up and down the mountain?
:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aftertaste

I fell off this once. Ouch.

Aftertaste, Just after Pingu (I think), and before Boogieman on Seymour. This is Jay Krantz...swiped the photo out of the 2001 North Shore Odyssey calendar.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Test drive

Greek,

Played my first soccer game since surgery last night. I took an awkward fall right off the bat, and landed on the bad shoulder. No problem. Of course, this doesn't quite simulate crashing at high speeds or height, but it is a good sign.

Now, if I can just get my fitness back. :eek:

How's the achilles?

C

crazygreek

The Greek recovers

Dude, Went to hospital got 2 sutures, and hit the trail. WHen we finished the ride my leg was bleeding pretty bad. Well the doctor told me take a couple of days, but I thought for 2 stiches no worries. Any how.....back to the hospital......the 2 stiches somehow ripped out? Wierd? Anyway now I have 3 stiches and the same diagnosis....2 days off riding! That was yesterday, Leg looks good, so we are going to hit it later today. I am going to tape my leg up to insure the gash doesn't open again! Look forward to your return! Wicked!

CG
What the fcuk are you waiting for? You only live ONCE!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greek,

LOFL

Can't imagine why the stitches would fall out, after a healthy 35 minute healing time. You should have just taped it up in the first place.

Happy to hear you've been eating Campbell's Chunky "Suck it up" Soup.

The Rock face is a little icy...if you hit it straight, lift your front over the roots, and keep your hands off the breaks, you'll be just fine...
- me to Wilby after a particularly nasty crash on “Skull” this winter. Of course, the little shite nailed it.

Count down: 4 days to RTA (return to action).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greek,

I wanted to go the Seymour after work today and ride Neds. Did you bring your bike to the store? What time can you close up?

C

crazygreek

Wicked fcukin ride

DUDE, I do not think I will ever ride at SFU again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That had to be the best fcukin ride of my life. I did not clean everything, but the trail, well what can I say, incredible!!!!! Too much fun!!!! Can not make it today! Be out in Mission tonight and tommorrow. Howz Wednesday?:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m in Seattle Wednesday. Thursday?

So you liked it, huh? You'll love Boogieman! Did Story show you the "Disappearing Act"?

Good to have you back...1 year is a long time off.

C

crazygreek

Disappear - yeah right

That looks like tooo much man for me, the landing is too rocky and rooted....enjoy

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's actually not that bad. Good run up. The landing is slightly downhill...I've landed it slightly front first- probably twice now. Nothing a 7" shock can't take.

The first time I hit it was when I was with Wilby- my first time on that trail. I was following pretty close, and all of a sudden, he's dropping down and disappears. I just held my fcuking breath and coasted.

Landed it fine, but had to change my diaper.:eek:

C

crazygreek

no wankers allowed

Go lurk elsewhere......Damn Lurkers, pop out of nowhere.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where is my bike?

My Cannondale was stolen. Have any of you guys seen it? It happened about three years ago and it was the happiest day in a long time. You see, I now had an excuse to say no to my buddies who would take me on some crazy rides. Peer pressure was responsible for some serious spills. One good thing about the wipeouts is that they happened so fast, you didn't know what hit you or what you hit. Then you lied there for a while and slowly experimented moving different body parts.

I also learned to keep up with front guys so I knew for sure IF they really did take that jump rather than the ole "Go for it, we all made it." Yeah right!

Oh I miss my Cannondale........NOT!:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

With all due respect...doesn't Marty need his car waxed, or some sort of strange sexual favor or something?

Curious...:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I'm not so easily pressured as you are...

"Hey KNVB, why don't you buy a beer or two and support the Royal's cooler?"

"No thanks Dude..."

"Here, you're buying two. Give me your money."

"Ah...OK. Change for a $10.00?"

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bike stolen in Surrey?

Right out of my garage Jinky! Right out of my garage!

Say, do you still ride that bike with no seat, just the stem, but no seat? You look real cool riding like that Jinks.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0