Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth,

Old George played in his 40th game of the year today, if you can believe that. He played pretty much every game for the Premier team, every game for the Div. 3 Clones, and a couple for reserves.

I can't remember the last season I played over 25 games, much less 40. Of course, he wasn't the one playing like a 44 year old for us today.:rolleyes:

Nice to finally meet you Girth. ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: 1959

The player born in 1959 is GEORGE THROWER. He was called up from the Div 3 Clones team. We'd all be lucky to play as well as him when were over 30...not to mention, umm... 40+ eh George!. He plays for the Div 3 team then frequently is called up for our premier squad. He's certainly a great guy and solid performer...plus sh*t he can head the ball well. Like Dude said hes into his 40th game of this year....thats frikken crazy.

As for our game, what a mess really. GEU dominated the 1st half as our guys looked flat. Imagine looking flat, after all we've only had 2 weeks off and haven't trained once. Our guys showed well in the 2nd half and made up for the weaker half. Thanks to the Geu guys, good bunch and good luck with your remaining games.

My thanks and praise goes out to all my guys (Yes Dude included) for a great effort this year considering all the ups and downs of a growing team.... U21-CAT is a bit of a jump especially when your used to winning all your games.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Dude has posted and TheRob has not. I guess we knew who won the "Cat" fight. I always knew TheRob was a pussy!

Meow.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read it

Actually Circle K, the score was posted already, and it was a tie.

Try to keep up.

:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The battle between Dude & TheRob was the cracker as billed…big tackles, lot’s of speed and skill on display, three goals each…too bad it ended in a tie, but the fans got their money’s worth.

And if you believe that, I have a great deal for some land in Louisiana for you.:rolleyes:

(Actually, Sub yanked a tired and uninspired Dude after 20 minutes and one give-away for a GEU goal. Even worse, it turned out to be a good sub. Ouch.) :eek:

Hopefully that's the last time I drive out to Maple ditch again this season.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victory

What a game!! Sorry about directing my goalscorer before I took the free kick for the game-winning goal. I made it quite public. To sum up the game, Poco City Dominion, LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!:wa: :wa:

p.s. TheRob sucked, Yoda sucked, Simmonds was quite a threat!!

p.p.s. Did I mention, POCO CITY DOMINION, LEAGUE CHAMPIONS!!:wa: :wa:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
agree

I'll agree with Draven in saying what a game! Both teams worked hard and played solid.I thought poco had more offensive chances and deserved the win.GEU couldn't use there premier guys as poco did as they have a big game sunday:rolleyes: .Simmonds played in center mid and I thought played great considering that is not his usual position. GEU were down to 10 men with two injuries for last 25 minutes but not sure if that made a difference. The only dissapointment for us was that POCO never met us at there sponsored pub that they told us to meet them at after the game.:mad: .Oh well we said we're from your team and left the tab.;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draven

I am surprised you saw any of the game as the wind kept blowing you over evey time you got the ball, and then you had the balls to complain at the end that the ref didn't give you a call for falling on the ball. (By the way it was a hand ball by you in the box, be lucky you didn't get that call)

Still icing my ankles from RA's many slide tackles. At least I didn't get snot blown on me this game.

I don't mind losing to you guys but when RVM scores 2 freebie headers it pisses me off. That guy shouldn't get any goals period, but our marking sucked last night.

A great display of the Poco Municipality workers skills at laying down cement and turf so that it drains water.
That field wasn't any better than any grass field we could have played on. Shocking!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Draven

Originally posted by Yoda

A great display of the Poco Municipality workers skills at laying down cement and turf so that it drains water.

Shocking!

When you install a Million dollar sports field complex, READ DIRECTIONS.

We (Langley) are getting our turf field this summer, but some hick nedneck will probably 4x4 over it before we ever get to use it.

Draven

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Yeah, I kinda got away with the handball. Believe me, I took quite a ribbing from my mates in the dressing room after.

P.S. if your guys weren't so impetuous in the tackles, I wouldn't go down as much. The timing of your team's tackles are fractionally off.:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final of the season

Chilli 3 - GEU 3

It was actually a good game with lots of scoring chances by both teams. Could have actually been 3-nil early in the first half if someone could finish today. Although the keeper made a couple of great saves to keep it at zeros.
We gave Cam and the other mid way too much space all game to move the ball which left us chasing them alot.

Good effort for the final game of the season. Would have been nice to have a couple of subs though.

See ya all next season.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, at least we finished in fourth.:rolleyes:

See you next year jabronis.

Will there be a CAT league?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cat league?

I don't think so and I hope not.

It doesn't seem to be working very well.

3 of the 7 teams did not even use the system. It just seems like a waist to me.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat league?

Originally posted by LION

3 of the 7 teams did not even use the system. It just seems like a waist to me.

The league has to make up their minds.

CAT with full and mandatory support or no CAT.

Every team in Premier should have a Cat team and be given 1 full season to impliment the team. If they don't introduce a rule like this then they should can the Cat league completely. The Cat system when used properly can be excellent and an effective way of bridging the gap between the various divisions, it allows for a reward system to be in place for deserving players that weren't selected as premier or who are deserving of a shot at cracking the lineup. It is supposed to be a place for injury recovering or struggling Premier players to regain some confidence or get playing time as well as inflicting some competition amongst players on the roster(s) for a "Premier" spot.

The problem is the FVSL is using the Cat league very half assed, and using it as a place for "rogue" teams that for many different (VALID) reasons are unaffilliated with their Clubs. They also scheduled games poorly so that all 30 players in each clubs premier/cat system were available for either the Friday or Sunday games and of course this can lead to team stacking. Someone here whined about Poco doing that which I think is a dumb comment really because THANKS to the FVSL scheduling it was possible. Would Poco's premier players play in a 10 AM Game then a Nooner? no, maybe a couple. But When we are talking about Friday night, then a chance to play again Sunday who the hell can blame them. I'd do the same if given the chance as long as my Cat guys that were working hard for the cat team didn't lose out in much playing time.

When we (Langley) started this season we were one of those "rogue" clubs, as we came almost straight out of U21 and had nowhere to play. We eventually worked together with our Premier team and supported them with 2-3 players at most games. At the same time several of their players joined us for 3 or 4 games.

Anyhow all I know is they better let us know SOON WTF they are doing with CAT so we can make other arrangements if necessary

Sub.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That will happen

Anyhow all I know is they better let us know SOON WTF they are doing with CAT so we can make other arrangements if necessary

Well it only took them until a week before the season began to fill the CAT div with the Lions and Storm so I'm sure they will be much more organized.

The upside to the CAT is sending players down. The fact players can go up can be done from any division. Let's hear from the Premier teams whether they really need a team to send players down to.

The last 2 years the teams that reached the final of the Prez Cup were teams that were not used as CAT teams (in CAT but not used that way). It hurts team chemistry to all year have players go up and down, to suddenly say to 15-17 guys "Gel now that it is Cup time"

The FVSL lower divisions would be more competitive as a result of scrapping the CAT. What would be the point in forcing teams to have a CAT team? Unless Delta finds a team this off season to put in CAT we will go without once again next year. The Highlanders will support the Premier team until the college players are available and then the Premier team will be fine.

milhousewindedandhassorepointerfingers

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: That will happen

Originally posted by Milhouse

The upside to the CAT is sending players down. The fact players can go up can be done from any division

So you are saying that your Division 1 and 2 teams have no problem sparing their Best players for a game with the premier team? You must have a different "Club" system than we do.

Either way they decide it SHOULD be done as soon as possible whether to KICK the Cat or Keep it. Those present here with any opinions on the matter should notify the league of your preferances. Maybe for a change they will listen to the people in the CAT division/Premier Divisions.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our division 1 side almost always plays opposite the Premier team because of Friday nights, as would most clubs with most premier teams playing Friday nights as opposed to lower divs playing Sun

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0