Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
choo-choo

Ahhh Watcher, your piss takes are as entertaining as your play on the field.....yes, a joke. I understand you guys have improved since the last time we met in league play. Manager tells me that you actually have some guys who can score!! I'll still pick the Rangers to beat your lot though as you still have some lardasses like yourself on the pitch. Maybe we can get a game in sometime, we always enjoy a good confidence boost!!! ;)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher - what are you watching???

i do believe we played 1 season in div 2 with nk in our group and don't recall losing to you. remember winning the division though. can't wait to see you plumbers again this year. lots of talk and never any results to back it up - same, same.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mick,

I thought your goalie from 2 years ago would be ready to go again? Has he hung up the boats? We will win one game against you guys....bevies on the line.

The Rapist,

I can't see the Knights winning promo, they are notoriously slow out of the starting blocks. They usually don't get rolling until the 3rd or 4th game. This is quite the same for our buddys in Richmond. They could cause problems if they get going early.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too old to heal

Vinnie, our "old" keeper did more damage than we thought and its taking him way longer to recover than initially planned, age is playing a factor now. He's still limping around and hasn't been rehabbing it as aggressively as we had hoped. He wants to come back but at this stage who knows. He had hoped to be back by Sept but now its Christmas at the earliest, we'll see. We have a line on a couple of possible replacements, we'll just have to get the papers inked prior to Sept kick off. We too have had some slow starts out of the gate, hopefully this year will be different. Too bad we all can't play NKH for the first couple of weeks to get the season off to a good start!!:p

Mick

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie, you couldn't be more right, we don't usually get going until the 4th game or so. Last year was no different, but once we started clicking, I thought we had the makings of a dangerous team. Our cup run is a good example of what we were capable of. This year, we've picked up some help up front, as scoring goals was the main thing holding us back. Hopefully I never have to post, 'We should've been up 3-0 at the half' EVER AGAIN. I know you were sick of reading it, but I was even sicker typing it week in, week out.
Does anyone have a take on the new teams in 2C, Signmaster, WU Sarajevo and Optima. Are we talking title contenders, or just pretenders (like NK).

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's or BJ's ?!

What's it gonna be this year boys? 2 years ago I thought you guys were gonna get promoted, but you barely lost out to PGU, then last year was just an average year. I remember you guys always being solid down the middle, but last year it looked a bit weak up front (with the exception of Dapotayto :rolleyes: ) I think you guys need some more youth, or maybe just some more bodies! Could this be the year you raise the beam (look at that, a pun by a Pun :D )

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster

You spelled it wrong, it's supposed to be 'chumps' not champs. Just a friendly heads-up.

TS

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JimBeam of Old

Last year was not an average year as the previous 3 seasons saw us right up near the top of our groupings. Those results were due to a few things like....losing 2-3 key midfielders and a couple of strong outside mids, losing a goalkeeper who was replaced with a limping forward with a propensity to make 1 tough save and then give up two easy ones. The only consistency in our lineup was the fact that it was inconsistent. However, things are looking better this year, we have some stronger committment and a return of some old faces who contributed to our successes in the past. We have lots of beer left over from a fund raiser gone to hell so even if we do lose a couple early matches we can get good and tossed!

As well, I have been doing some early training along with some teammates, as FatherTime has been kicking my ass as of late. I am back under 200 for the first time in 3 years and looking to handle my business(Hopefully upfront and not between the pipes).

-Bonefish...TwoHun-Minus2AndCounting[Down]-

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Under two bills Bonehead? Geez, I finally got over 150 lbs. With solid effort and a strong work ethic I should be able to get up to 153 by next year. Who is that in your avatar by the way?

With all the extra beer we have I can see a lot of "injuries" occurring late in the game so guys can get a head start on swilling. Not Mickster naming Mickster any Mickster names Mickster though

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hard Body in the Picture

Dapotayto,

Do you not recognize the man in the picture? If you look past the burlesque blubber and concentrate on the melon I am sure you will see that it is no other than Bonefish's melon atop that semi-sized torso. I tell ya, I am drinking beer..I mean milk...and looking to light up the scoring table...

-BonesThuggeryandSlimFast-

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS, I did use spell check and I think my spelling is just fine!!:D

Spud, nice use of the subconcious, who could you possibly be talking about..... I don't get hurt, much!!

Bones, I'm glad you didn't say it was your mug on my bod, I'm close to that but I think Watcher would be a closer resemblance!!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dropouts

Ruben told me that Peg-Olys dropped out of the league, and he said one more team is not sure if they're sticking around. Anyone know who the other team could be?

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one more thing

Rumor has it that EWalk's star striker Frankie is out for the season with a knee injury. Can anyone from the EWalk camp confirm or deny? The Cougs beat a Frankie-less EWalk last year 4-2, and would love to do the same this year! If anyone knows.....

TS

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 Dropouts

I am not sure who the other team is but someone in another thread mentioned that Azzi has another 5 applications for new teams...

Should be Interesting...

-DoesAnyoneKnowHowtoGetRidOfBackFat-

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Teams

Interesting speculation concerning the entry of new teams. I doubt that new, non-CAT teams would be allowed in based on recent history.

When my team lost the Clan Alumni franchise when we were in Div. 1, Azzi refused to allow my team to enter Div. 3 at that time and work our way up. His position was adamant that we had to be a CAT team for someone despite the fact that we had no opportunities to do so. We became Sapperton's CAT team or we were gone.

His view was that my team be a CAT side or disband despite the fact that two members of the VMSL executive were shocked that a team like ours would be gone. Ruben's view was that "We need more teams like yours not less" and Joe MacIntyre then introduced us to Sapperton and we moved there successfully.

Unless new teams are CAT teams, I wonder if they will get in.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EWalk & Frankie

Taj,

From what I've heard about Frank is he will be okay for this upcoming season. His knee was FUBAR last year though, and I'm not sure what he's done about it this summer. If he's decided to have surgery, obviously he'll be missing a chunk of the season.

On another note, I've heard EWalk are bringing back one of their top notch d-men from a couple of years ago who went to play premier in the Valley league. They're running out of time (older team), but they will definitely be a force in "C" this year.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kamloops tournament

Just to give you guys an update on a recent tournament - Kamloops last weekend saw the Blaze lose in the "A" side of the Mens Open to a Red Deer team (1-0). That same Red Deer team eliminated us Primos from the "A" grouping (2-1), but we managed to win the "B" grouping for some well earned cash anyways. After the terrible summer season for us, this was quite rewarding...

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kamloops

Teelay,

In all honesty that team from Red Deer wasn't that good.....if we were actually sober and had more than half our team show up for that game I'm sure the result would have been different. The tournament was another succesful gong show....lots of drinking, smoking, and ladies, mixed in with a little football.

Cheers

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep,

Agreed - they weren't that good, but found a way to beat us. Plus the fact that the ref swallowed his whistle when I was virtually clotheslined in the box didn't help either. I swear I didn't embellish, the take down was more than enough (or so I thought).

But the Red Deer team was opportunistic - we carried the play, they just finished better. It would have been good to meet you guys in the Final and set the stage for the upcoming season.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the excellent site

Teams Looking For Players:

West Van Royals.. Div 2 team looking for extremely talented players. Need a goal scoring striker, talented midfielders and big strong defensemen.

Anything else?! :rolleyes:

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0