Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: From the excellent site

Originally posted by tsenghera
Teams Looking For Players:

West Van Royals.. Div 2 team looking for extremely talented players. Need a goal scoring striker, talented midfielders and big strong defensemen.

Anything else?! :rolleyes:

TS
They've got a keeper already. Obviously.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EWalk

TS,

The rumour you heard is true about Frankie out for the season (at least that's what I've heard from a very good source.)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad. Well you are always welcome at Sapperton.

Jeez, is there any keeper on the site you're not trying sign up, Reccos?:D Btw, if you find any free ones could you let us know as we are also a little short. In the goalkeeping department that is.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2 Cat

Not sure exactly when the league was going to finalize the Cat setup...
Any TTP'ers on here know if there teams will be having a Div 2 Cat team this season?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if this is official, but I looked at the league directory from the excellent site, and it appears that all the new teams that will be playing in the league this year have been finalized.
For regular div 2, I think the following are the new teams:

Lower Mainland Firefighters "C"- Possibly Firefighters from Div 2 Cat last season? It is interesting that the league has allowed a CAT team to move into regular Div 2. I personally don't think this is right.

City FC Cobras - Any affiliation with the other City FC team? I am sure Blaze Army can fill us in.

Both these teams went to Div 2A

In Div 2 Cat, looks like Peg has a CAT team, as well as Croatia, maybe Regs and CDK can give us some more insight on these two teams. Deep Cove Alumnia and the Norvan Saints have moved down from Div 1 Cat. The addition of these 4 teams should make the division much stronger.

In Div1, Polska has gone up, and a new team(possibly) by the name of AFC Leopards has entered the fray(Possibly just a name change for Argentina?)

GURPSWHOHASTOOMUCHTIMEATWORK

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no clue who City FC Cobras are! As for affiliation none that i know of but they better be gifting us the points when we play
each other;) . nice to see Polska are out of our division, Makes things a little easier on the 2A side of things.

Gurps,
Is there such a thing as too much time at work? I know i normally get to nap every day at the office. this week some people are away and missing my naps is having an effect on me. My work is all finished earlier and i sit around all afternoon playing solitaire
against the Hitler of computers. damn thing is only good for 1 win out of 50. unbelevable. <spelt wrong too lazy to change:D .
I guess i should think about locking up now

Cheers

ARMYwhonowmustdecidewhichbeertodrinkathometonight

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no clue who City FC Cobras are! As for affiliation none that i know of but they better be gifting us the points when we play
each other;) . nice to see Polska are out of our division, Makes things a little easier on the 2A side of things.

Gurps,
Is there such a thing as too much time at work? I know i normally get to nap every day at the office. this week some people are away and missing my naps is having an effect on me. My work is all finished earlier and i sit around all afternoon playing solitaire
against the Hitler of computers. damn thing is only good for 1 win out of 50. unbelevable. <spelt wrong too lazy to change:D .
I guess i should think about locking up now

Cheers

ARMYwhonowmustdecidewhichbeertodrinkathometonight

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska in div 1

Gurps - I checked out the directory and you're right.

I checked with the league a few weeks ago when I heard of the Firefighters/Sportstown merger and was told they knew nothing about it. I was interested in how the spot would be filled as we had tied for first in div 2 last year but lost in a playoff. I'm assuming Polska gets it on next most points out of second place teams. Is this an official way of deciding promotion with the league or do they just make it up as they go along?

My argument is that you can have 2 very strong teams in a division full of duds so that the second place team gets a ton of points even though they don't win promotion. In another division you can have 5 or 6 very compatible teams taking points off one another thus leaving the second place team with fewer points but still in second place. Who's to say which team is more deserving of promotion?

I would expect Elephant Walk from 2C should be asking the same questions as this argument also applies to them. They were in a tough division with Cliff, City FC Blaze (punks), Primos etc and surely would have had more points if there weren't so many strong teams.

Anyone out there familiar with the goings-on at the league???

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Polska in div 1

Originally posted by bandcamp
Is this an official way of deciding promotion with the league or do they just make it up as they go along?

If I were you guys, I would be upset, as it looks like the league just arbritarily chose who went up. Were you guys even consulted?
It is also funny how they deny some of the mergers that eventually occured.

I thought this only took place in the FVSL:eek:;)

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska Div. 1

I would definitely question the reasons behind why Polska was promoted.

Saw them play last year...they will be heading back to Div. 2 very quickly. Curious as to why the Div. 2 cup winners would not be considered for promotion either.... i know for a fact we are a better team than Polska.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open Div. one spot...

Fellas,

if the team with the next highest total points from previous season in Division two doesn't get promoted into vacant spot in Division one... uhm, who should?

I get the argument that the divisions are not aligned equally in terms of quality sides in each division but in theory they are in the eyes of the league.

I appreciate there probably are better teams still in Division two but what else can you do?

Toze (not lurking for a change)

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promo

Toze,

Well I agree with Blaze Rep ... the Div 2 Cup winner should have some sort of say in this. I know for a fact that City FC is a far superior team to Polska as are at least 2 or 3 more teams from Div 2. Polska got lucky and was placed in a grouping with only 2 or 3 quality teams as opposed to 5 or 6 in the other groupings. Shouldn't Elephant Walk, who had City FC, Primos and Cliff Ave in their grouping (along with Richmond who was very strong late) have some sort of consideration? The Primos should also be considered as should PG from the "B" side.

If it were up to me, I would choose the next 4 best teams in terms of points and have a playoff to see who goes up. Give the teams 3 or 4 weeks notice to practice and not have the excuse they weren't ready. The roster of the teams has to be the same as the end of the previous season with only 1 or 2 new additions for each side.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 Forums

This is kind of going on in another thread as well but...this is what I have just been advised by the league:

article 5.3 "Vacancies in any Divisions" of the rules and
regulations that states " The next place team by points standings in its
respective division, regardless of section, shall be promoted, assuming that
the teams have played an equal numbers of games. If the teams have not
played an equal number of games, then the teams with highest point/games
quotient (points divided by number of games played) shall fill the vacancy.

I can live with this although it's flawed somewhat. My beef was that the league was not replying to my requests for a reason a team fills a vacated spot. Ultimately we have ourselves to blame for not winning the division outright. More motivation for this year.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Youll b Surprised

Cant wait 2 bring the pain on the rest of Div.2 B.Enjoy getting Crushed inside"My" 18.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What exactly r u doing with that fishstick u quear?

The only Muppet around here is u.Who has their fingers up your ass making u talk and dance anyway quear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0