Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi-final

Game is postponed due to a swamp for a field. We were hoping it wouldn't rain last night and do a little bucket work but it's a lost cause this morning.

The league will reshedule for next week at beach grove and if the field doesn't look playable by the middle of next week , Ruben said he will schedule it somewhere where we can play. So next week for sure....somewhere....and I guess the final in Burnaby.

Sorry for the late call but we were hoping for some good luck with the weather last night and didn't get it.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep

I think we should move the game to Saturday at the Bby Lake Turf. It would guarantee the game gets played and give both teams some more practice on the turf, cuz that's probably where the final's gonna be. I mentioned this to Ruben and he said he has to ask you guys first, about playing Saturday cuz it's your home game. You don't have to worry about putting the nets or flags up either! They're already there. Our guys are in for Saturday, we would be missing a few key players, but we should be alright for numbers. Let me know what you think.

Go Cougs.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree......I didn't see the match but once you fcuk with the ref you're fcuked! If it's not 5 years like a couple of other guys in the league have got it has to be a lifetime ban.

p.s....Captain....every team has a sideline that yaps shite and tries to get the opposition off its game....that's their job so I believe you were just doing your job.....as for the guy it should have been one ear through the other ( I know it's hard but.....:rolleyes: ).

Hard Ballz

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby Lake.

tsenghera,

That potentially sounds like a good idea....i'll talk to tha playaz about it, i don't really see a problem so i'm all for it.
I'll let you know tomorrow or Tuesday....then either you or I can call Ruben and make it official. i'm sure the old CA boyz will be pleased they won't have to travel far to watch the match.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good to me Blaze Rep, just let me know ASAP so I can let my guys know as well. I just want to get the game played on a decent field, so we can have the fairest game possible. If you need to email me, tsenghera@hotmail.com or just send me a reply here. Call Ruben and let him know that you guys are cool with moving days and he'll arrange the field. Thanks.

Taj
Go Cougs.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi-final

Taj,

We can't get Bby. Lake...there is a tournamnet there this weekend. Apparently CA doesn't even have that field anymore, so Ruben is trying to either get a field on Friday night in Richmond or Sat./Sun. in Port Moody. Ruben said he would get in touch with you regarding the field selection and such so I guess just wait to hear from him...i'm doing the same.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's cool, Ruben called me this morning about Friday night in Richmond. Sounds like that's gonna go through, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. If you hear anything, just post it here as soon as you can, in case Ruben can't get a hold of me or something. Thanks. Hopefully we'll see ya on Friday.

B

bender

semi-final

n/m i figured it out from the vmsl site the game is at another pathetic synthetic grass field which i personally think are a waste of tax dollars anyone out there agree with me post your response
what happen to playing soccer on natural grass fields

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the synthetic grass field. No weather worries. You can play as much as you want on it without damage. True bounces etc. etc.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turf Fields

They are unfortunately a necessary evil in the Lower Mainland.
We are lucky enough that the temp does not get low enough to freeze the fields but with that comes the price of alot of rain. Thus, closing the fields. If we (the players) paid enough, we would be able to play on natural grass every wekend but that would mean a fees increase of two or three fold. Highly unlikely. I think they (turf fields) are good but I wouldn't want to play all season on turf.

You can play as much as you want on it without damage. True bounces etc. etc.

Damage?...there is damage. Many a player get injured on turf fields because it does not give like natural grass does. Others will atest to this. Also, others have stated that it is harder on the body.

True bounces?... Given the game is much faster, bounces are not true. Then again how do you define a true bounce. Compared to natural grass, the bounces are not true.

Good luck to both teams on the weekend.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Vinnie. We train on the turf at Griffin and it doesn't do the body good. Never has my body felt so beat up after an intense practice. I felt better after a hard run on the all weather.
But it is nice when the weather isn't.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,

Who won the big match up out at Minoru? No posts from either team yet? tsenghera? BlazeArmy? The 'excellent site' doesn't even have the score. I'm sticking with my earlier predicition. City 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0