Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
manager,

I'm trying to sort out "child minding" this morning for this afternoon. I'll try to make it out as well sporting some of my new gear as well. Black and Red track suit top with a Westside Cap. Bosna sideline sounds good as we've already played them twice although I wasn't at the second game where we beat them. I heard it was pretty rough.

I haven't seen the field but it's not like we ever get quality fields this time of the year in Div 2 so ... I don't know... deal with it I guess :confused:

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA and Richmond Cougs
Looking forward to getting back on the pitch again after me and 5 teammates spent the weekend in Edmonton for Grey Cup.
Looks like the Cougs are on a bit of a roll, undefeated against two good teams. I wonder if they can make it three?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mismanagement

Well one thing is for sure. I won't make the mistake of starting any dead meat this week. (see manager). That being said expect our lone stricker to finally understand his role. I recognize however, that he thought he had to do it all alone, after scoring four in his first game of the year against the sub-par nationals. All the teams are not that easy to score on unfortunately. Yomamma, get ready to play your first game at sweeper. See if you can hold westside to zero goals against like when the watcher swept the first game. I hear we will be missing one-eye because he has to go aid his family in looking for charlie brown's x-mas tree. Look for the watcher to improve on his goal a game output he's had since moving to the mid-field.

WearyWashedupWestsidersWonderWhatsupWhenWonderfulWatcherWrecksWhatever.(promotion hopes)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the appropriate definition of dead meat mr watcher is found in your picutre located in the banter thread. It is obvious, as the picture tells, that you do too much watching and not enough running. Onto better things.

Bosna defeated Polska 3-0 today. This places Bosna in prime spot for promotion and discourages Westsides hope of a tie between the two. To discourage even further the westside hope, they will suffer a loss to a fiesty NK team....only if the watcher coveres his man.

managerlaughshardwhenwatcherthinkshecaneatanyoneforbreakfastonthefield!:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmmmm, tight.

What a great result for Bosna today. A win for Westside tomorrow will tie things up like an Amsterdam three-way: 32-32-32, all with 13 games played.

This'll make for a great run down the stretch. Let's go Knights.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
grrrrrrrrr.

Oh great, Bosna won.:rolleyes: I guess we'll have to do it ourselves.

manager, nice to meet today. But tomorrow your going down.:D

3 x 32 . Have seen that before...

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CA and Richmond 8-1
The score was 2-1 at half, and Richmond was playing really well but after a couple of second half goals Richmond packed it in and we got some 'garbage time' goals to make it seem like a rout.
I can't remember who asked if this team was the best of the rest, but I think they are. They have some good skilled players.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
who's going down????

Well folks,

it's about that time to post the results of todays NK-Westside game. But first a little quote from our #2 friend,

Oh great, Bosna won. I guess we'll have to do it ourselves.

manager, nice to meet today. But tomorrow your going down.

NK Hrvat 1
Westside Knights 0...nill...goose egg....zilch....

I think you saw this post coming...good game, our keeper kept us in it by saving the penalty shot....great save!! Overall, we like playing you guys...it's always an interesting match. Good luck with B united next week.

manager

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully, this is the right thread......

In division two CAT action today......

Club Ireland 8 Bombastic 0

It was a non-event. I managed to pump another two beers into my system after the game, which is what I really needed. :rolleyes: Oh well, it could be worse if I lived in Maple Ridge......

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
manager , Where do I start?

We had to many chances we couldn't capitalize on. Including the PK your goalie saved. That should never happen. So on capitalized chances alone, 1:0 you won fair and square.

BUT on another note, for two 'cleanly playing teams', why does the ref have to take the attitude of "It's all about me. It's my game and I want everyone to know it!"

There goes the season.

oh, and what's with the defensive Shell with. Note the uppercase 'S'. After your goal, you left 7 men on D as a minimum for the rest of the game. GREAT STRATEGY!!!:rolleyes: That'll get you promoted for sure. More later, Kids a callin'.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager, Keeper plays in the Westside Club system and that's why the dissapointed post.

As for us yesterday...Well, with several recent injuries and departures we are woefully short on bodies to put on the field. We signed one sixteen year old and two seventeen year old kids this week just so we'd have enough for this game. The kids played great too. One of them chipped the keeper for a goal in the first half which every one saw except, somehow, the ref. Their goalie, with a classy move, even told the ref it went in and he still refused to reconsider. What...the...fcuk? Anyway, don't wish to dwell on it. In the second half, down 1-0 btw, one of the youngsters passed perfectly for Ry to slot home and then one of 'em placed it past the keeper on the ground for the winner (not sure if it was the same one who assisted on the first goal). Great stuff by the young guys.

Good result, Manager. How the hell do you guys tie B United and then beat Westside?

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK tied B United last week because Yomama was absent from the game (well, atleast that's what I like to think).

As for today, that wasn't a defensive shell. It's called lack of conditioning in the midfield.

:D

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
polska here we come

Not only was yomamma absent from the b-united game but so were a few others. As for today we were only missing two starters, a problem our depth can handle. Kudos to yomamma for matching "The Watcher" in sweeper stats against westside. He is also right about the poor midfield conditioning. "The Watcher" isn't expected to waste his priceless reserves running around but what are the other guys excuses? Especially the twenty year old bucks. I think yomamma was even in position to save the shot the old man thought he had to handball. One more thing. Keeper is right. That ref was mentally disturbed. He was calling our team names and yelling like an idiot. He ruined a perfectly good game by making people upset. I have concluded that his illness is commonly known as "short mans syndrome".(see hitler, mussolini, napoleon, franco, stalin et al). P.S....The guy that decided to yap at "The Watcher" was the goat on the penalty shot and the refs favorite target for discipline.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RC-CA

Where to start...........? First of all, I can understand why CA is in first place, great team. A few really skilled players, but great team play overall. You can tell they've played together for years, everyone knows where their teammates are at all times. I thought we played them pretty well in the first 60 minutes of the match, then the wheels fell off.
It was 2-1 at the half, then we scored to even it up, only to have the goal called back due to 'goaltender interference.' The ref was absolute shite. I think the best was when the CA player cleared it over his own bar to relieve pressure, and was rewarded with a goal kick. He missed alot of calls for both teams, just shocking overall. They made it 3-1 about 10 mins into the second, then we hit the bar on a free kick, they came down and scored, and that was it. We packed it in and they ran up the score. If that goal wasn't called back, I think we had a chance for a tie, or maybe even a win. Anyways, we know what to expect next time.
One thing I didn't like is their forwards sliding studs up at our keeper, forcing him out of the game with a bad ankle. You just don't do that, and then trying to justify it after by saying that you were going for the ball, that's crap. It didn't help that the ref awarded them a free kick for almost breaking our keeper's leg, that was even more shocking. Anyways, enough whining on my part, we'll play them better next time out.

Go Cougs.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos 1 - Royals 1

Shots: Royals - 2, Primos - over 20
Possession: Royals 10%, Primos 90%
Score: 1-1

One of those games where everything leads towards a win for one team, but the score says otherwise. In the second half, the ball was in the Primos zone 3 times for a total of about 3 minutes - how we failed to put more past that keeper, I don't know. Give props to the WV defense though - they played solid with 6-7 guys back at all times and contesting most shots. Still, an unacceptable result that has pretty much ruined the season, barring a complete meltdown by CA.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CH 2 vs WS C-Men 1

CH started the game one man down (due to some untimely transfers) but went ahead 2-0 until the ref made a brutal PK call.
WS scored on the PK and the half ended 2-1. Both teams had good chances as both teams hit the cross bar. I would say that CH had the edge in chances and we hit the cross bar, had muliple break-aways and had their D save one or two off the line.

on a side note, I noticed that E-walk is playing CA at SUNSET, what was the league thinking. This should be a good match but will the ruined by the pitch. Enjoy the cow pasture boys!

We play the Cougars at Honda this week, I hope the field is in good condition. Looking to be spoilers in this one as the Cougs seem to be playing better as of late.

Early preds show:

Richmond Cougars
Champlain hts.
(I'll call this a tie)

Elephant Walk “A” - 2
Cliff Ave. United - 4

West Van Royals - 1
City FC Blaze “A” - 4

Westside C-Men - 1
North Shore JB’s - 2

North Shore Primos - 4
Pt. Grey Strikers “B” - 1

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on Track

Biteme, glad to see your squad back in the win column. A couple of tough weeks for you including a tie with PG. We almost gave them points too but managed to squeak out a win thanks to our teenage signings. C-Men next week should be interesting. After our 0-0 tie with them last time we need to put some goals away. Our #1 striker and I are tied for goals for over the last 8 weeks with 0. We're expecting him to break out soon as his goals seem to come in bunches.

Teelay, WOW, what to say, after killing us you only manage a point from the Royals. Wish Ryan had that finishing touch against us!!! Did Joey miss some more open nets??

Manager, and the rest of the NK boys, looks like our exhibition game is set...... that should be a good confidence booster for us!! Looking forward to it, maybe I'll even get my first goal of the season......

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed opportunities

Mick,

I think I missed more opportunities than anyone. I missed one that was a sitter - one of the ones you dream about, and punted it over the bar. Another couple that I would like to have back as well. I do feel pretty responsible for the result - I should have been able to do better. I now know that it can't get worse though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0