Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1A Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza

How many injury's will you be carrying into tomorrows match. Fort McBride should be in great shape for the mud bowl tomorrow.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Smallrooster,

There was no luck involved. We were outplayed, outhustled, overmatched, and never in this match. A dubious PK in the first ten minutes jumpstarted the Clan. We had 3 or 4 very good chances in the first half and they scored on all 5 of theirs. OK maybe they had a few more than that. In any case we needed some breaks to even be within 2 at the half. The Clan, a great team, had too much team speed and good ball movement for Binger's old guard. If I was to pick a weakness it would be their back line that sometimes lacked composure while under pressure. Hey I'm nit picking. It was one of the cleanest games to date in Div. 1. Knowing we were over our heads, and aside from the thourough thumping we took, it was still a palatable game.

Boogienights

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Reggie,

Well we got thumped. It sure doesn't help our goals for and against ratio. Oh well, at least we still hold our spot in fourth place ahead of the Irish Clubbers, two thirds of the way through the season.

Merry Christmas

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boogieboy,

A dubious PK in the first ten minutes jumpstarted the Clan.

Well if only the Ref had not made that call it would have been 7-0!!:eek: It would have been a game then!! :rolleyes:

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey El Junior,

Back to grade school for you meathead. Palatable....hmmm...what does this mean. Let me educate you. Now suppose one was speaking in culinary terms, one might say the dinner was palatable, ie., tasteful, savory, delicious, and pleasing to the taste. If one was talking of a result or an idea one might say the result was palatable, ie., acceptable or agreeable. Our result against the Clan was palatable, it was acceptable based on the fact they dominated the play, were the better team by a landslide, and should have beat us handily. It was a fair and acceptable result. I accept the fact we do not match up against these guys...period. You see in this case palatable suggests acceptance of the result. We were never in this game. Of course no one enjoys getting thumped. I would hope most of us play for the love of the game. Therefore, based on these sentiments you can see the result was not enjoyable, nor was it depressing. Instead it was palatable.

Good riddance to the Clan!.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boogienights and Dazza should get together for a pint. I can't begin to imagine the kinds of arguments that would ensue.

L'orange: "Thanks to my tactical manoeuvres, we had at least 80% of the play."
Violet: "Yes, my good man, and it was palatable."

;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 4 Bingers 1

Club Ireland 1 Bingers 2

Even you, Boogie, can figure that out, can't you?

Back to grade school for you meathead. Palatable....hmmm...what does this mean.

It probably means you need a question mark at the end of your question, not a period. :p

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Booger:

Please allow me to clarify some misunderstandings that you retain with regards to your own posts:

The english definition of the word palatable is: from the word palate, agreeable to the palate or tasty, savory, hence accepatable; pleasing; as; palatable food; palatable advice.

"Knowing we were over our heads, and aside from the thourough thumping we took, it was still a palatable game." -Booger

The quote from your post in question (Booger's 16th post) clearly refers to the game as being palatable and not the result as you have subsequently overlooked. Therefore in curiousity and absolute amazement I ask again... what is palatable about being beat like a drum for 90 minutes?

The one single moment when a footballer reasons that an
8-0 drubbing makes an "acceptable" result or game for that matter is the exact same moment he or she should be put to sleep :rolleyes: "for the love of the game" as Booger would put it.

Seasons Greetings to all....Booger you're dismissed!

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i learned about phonetics and happy faces in grade 2

Div 1A Thread pisstakers:

You are all going to get held back a year in the uncool teacher's class if you keep taking pisstakes about the semantics and syntax of the English language. Shame on you. This is a football site. You are all banned from the lunch room, and you have to clean all the chalk brushes and chamoix after school.

max

ps. that uncool teacher is keeper, by the way.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prize-winning.........

Max Blink gets a blue ribbon and ten points awarded to his house for being the first ever TTP'er to use the word 'chamoix' in a post.

A highly underrated word if ever there was one.

Groundbreaking.

To be fair, however, and you'll not find me doing this much if at all, I thought keeper's post was rather useful in that he came up with l'orange for Dazza. I'm positive it was unintentional and definitely summat he got from his unnatural preoccupation with posting links off fcuking consumptionjunction.com but whatever, plagiarism is pious in the teaching profession..........
:rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alive and slowly on the mend

Booger,

Thanks for asking.

I am alive and on the mend slowly. Looking forward to resuming the season all patched up and healed in January.

Keeper,

My personal statistician would love that matchup!:rolleyes:

Merry Xmas y'all

Daz:bronco:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 2
Peg Olys 1

To be honest, I'm surprised the game was even played as Kinsmen was frozen solid except for maybe 15 yards down the north side :eek:

That must be the reason why we didn't pot at least 6 other goals on Mario... I've never seen so many breakaways :rolleyes:

Ryan at least finished one of them and Captain Shamrock with a horrible first touch got a lucky bounce and ripped one into the top corner... with his right peg :D

Peg Olys got a gift goal with no time left to make it closer than it really was.

That's about it.

~Regs.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan 1 Lomas 0

It was closer than many expected, we actually could of had 3 goals this game, but their keeper played well and we missed an open net in the last few minutes of the second half. They could've had a few more aswell, but our keep was also outstanding. I'm happy to hear Club I was victorious, It's nice to have someone else along side us in the basement:D

No2

prediction--- nucks 5, sharks 2

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's about it.

That is it, isn't it? :confused:

As for the game, we played quite well. We created a lot of chances through a pourous(sp?) Peg defense. We had no less than 6 1 on 1's with Mario and we continued to shoot the ball right at him. Of course, he deserves a lot of credit for cutting down the angles, I guess. I like the Peg bunch and I hope they manage to stay up. Surprisingly, they didn't look like a team who was really desperate for a win. The pitch was pretty well frozen right up the middle, especially in my home, the center circle. Were you guys missing players, JAGS/Dickinsider? Good luck in the rest of your games and I hope you guys stay up. We are still not safe but that win will certainly help us. I think one more win will secure our place in first division next year. At least, I hope so........Our new signing, Dario, played the second half, and will hopefully help fill the void with the departure of the web master.

On to Norvan next week. That will definitely be another tough game.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0