Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Div 1 Results, Game Reports, and other Banter for the 2002/2003 season.

Who will win the FVSL's First Division?

• Golden Ears United Black Knights

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Surrey City Rangers

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Poco City United

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Langley United FC "A"

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Cenrto Americano United

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Aldergrove United

• Poco Raiders

• Alouette United

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AU Razor
I'm not sure what kind of view you had of the goal that was not allowed.What you obviously did not see is that i was actually right on the goal-line to make the correct judgment.When it happened the players who appealed for the goal all looked 20yards back up the field to a place where they normally expect the ref to be.Perhaps I confused everybody by sprinting to be in the place I needed to be in.Ref's just can't win sometimes.
PNEforever.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by PNE
I .... sprinting to be in the place I needed to be in.

Some things change from year to year, the PNE sprint however stays the same;) Did not see the game but PNE does have to be one of the better Ref's to be in position to make tight calls.

skytraingivinghistwobits

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll Bet

Originally posted by PNE
AU Razor
I'm not sure what kind of view you had of the goal that was not allowed.
It was probably from the sidelines

I still think you should have given the GEU player the yellow you offered to let us give, after the Div 2 game. Terrible hairdo.
;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey coach or RF

12-0 is outstanding but any concern on the lack of shutouts?

Possible only flaw on an otherwise dominating season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse:
Well done on Friday - entertaining game by your mob.

A bit of concern.
It's certainly not due to our goalkeeping.
Both Ian and Glenn have been ourtstanding this year.

But, games are won by keeping the ball out of your onion bag.
We have to tighten up defensively at all positions.
We were fcuking lucky again on the weekend as PoCo did miss a sitter as well as us giving up two goals.
We simply have to be better defensively if we hope to do anything in the cup run.
Premier teams will punish given the chance.
Still 12 against = 1 per game.
It's a concern but still that's not all that bad.

Enjoyed the game in PoCo by the way.
Always a good bunch of guys who enjoy having a laugh and a chat on the pitch.
Two words to PoCo:

Colt 45

All class boys. :D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 3 Sporting 5

Ugly game by both teams, the reffing of Tin was even worse and had both teams shaking their heads.
This was basically a run and gun game and yopu could tell it would be won by whoever was going to finish their chances and unfortunately for us our shooting was once again shocking.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ready! So ready!

Well I'm still reeling with joy over last weeks effort at JO. Poco Raiders couldn't muster much and hopefully we can shut down Langley this week. Looking forward to another entertaining game but this time I'm playing. 3 weeks and I feel like a bloody donut running, but that will come with time. :p

Good to see some support on a Friday night ie) RF
Gnu we got some of those goals we promised you. I'll do the same this weekend! :wa:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did someone say Rangerforever scored three goals? Was this in the Rangers game or did he sub on during his kids mini soccer match? I find it hard to believe that the old guy could muster one up let alone three.:rolleyes:I think that this must be a typo, and I ask that coach comes back to clear things up.

RangerastarinDiv.1?I'mplayinginthewrongdiv.:eek:

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week of the bigmen

Yup it was the week of the bigmen last week scoring goals times 3 in at least two different games that know of.

The race for second is sure tightening up and every week seems to bring different results from each team. Who knows who'll win this weekend? Well Rangers never you mind that comment.

Did anyone see Real Madrid get ripped off against AC Milan. Man I hate AC Milan!

Delta had a good practice with 16 players showing up on Tuesday. Actually it was a great practice! Hope our play of late carries over to our game this weekend. If it does we'll be fine.

3 pts would be awesome!:wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad we play a day before the Highlanders.
I could use the motivation.
Watching Sean on Friday provided me with the utmost of inspiration for last Sunday as I sat in awe of his clinical finishing. ;)

Langley and Delta should be a good match.
Both sides appearing to be getting their shite together as of late.

To the Sporting boys:
Reminder match is noon on Saturday at Newton.
I believe the FVSL site has updated from Sunday.
The Sunday 4:00 match is left overs from the turf fiasco.
For everyone's benefit, we play our home games always Saturday at noon if we don't get the Friday match at Bear Creek.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

RF

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk off already

TR, you're getting on my beautiful tits.

The only three I'll be scoring on Saturday will be the gel cap Advils for my noggin as a result of having to squeeze my head through the PoCo changeroom doors last week.

:bronco:

Nae chance also as I missed training Tuesday, so I'm assuming I'll be relegated back to splinty-arsed bench warmer for Saturday.
IE - back to co-coaching. :( ;)

I might score three pints tonite though as the rumour is if I show up at Albion, some kind consideration might be coming my way.

:cool:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Rangerforever
To the Sporting boys:
Reminder match is noon on Saturday at Newton.

Game's off.
We're such good guys :rolleyes: as Sporting cannot field a team we've decided to postpone.
Basically due to the Sunday screwup.

The good news is the lot of you can gain three points on the 'Gers this weekend. ;)

Cokcyforever

:wa:

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there's always nex't friday

unlucky RF beautiful day for footy and having a bevy now you'll be rested for nex't friday.Big game the two big men with hatty's battling it out almost worth admission:rolleyes:

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALU Razorbacks 3 Poco City United 0

Today our guys fought hard & out played Poco City , poco had a few chances but Chris Mac robbed them of those . The razorbacks also had 1 goal called back because it was supposely off side which it was not. All in all the Razorbacks played well & are moving up those standings!!!! Good win boys!:) Any other scores from this weekend?

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talk about being "on fire"....

Sounds like the Highlander's front-runner that nabbed 3 last week was at it again today in their win. 3 hatties back to back....6 goals in 2 games....those are the things of dreams, or at least nightmares if you're the other keeper:D

Good to see my 2nd and 3rd place picks (DMH and ALU) coming on strong! Can they catch the Rangers? Can anyone catch the Rangers? No. But I like a tighter race for 2nd. The Rangers/Highlanders game this Friday might actually have a spark now.

CDthinksthebeerisstillflowinginDMH'schangeroom;)

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMH playing with fire and fun

DMH came out strong and took it to the Langley team. McGill again is on fire and lead the way with 3 more goals putting his totals at 6 goals in 2 games. RF I don't think you'll be able to catch him at this pace. Gnu made the saves he needed to with no second chances to be seen. Defense did there job. Our two additions are great guys and were good on their debut.

Good job guys and well done on the min beer gardens afterwards. We know how to make our own fun. The cold wasn't that cold! Balsa I need a jacket!

Xmas party is going to be great! I've got the swedish meatballs!

:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0