Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Croatia vs the World

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both players although increadibly talented, suffered from the Croatian laziness factor. A factor that has kept many players at the amateur level their whole lives. Nick Dasovic, who in my humble opinion is nowhwere near the class of player that Lui or Peter were, has made a living out of soccer due solely because he had a work ethic. Don't get me wrong Nick is still a great player, but again having played with all three of them, he is nowhere near the player the other two were!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What color is the moon?

Bronco,

I agree with you again. I played against Nick for years in juvenille and never thought much of him at that time. He obviously blossomed later on but it was his desire to succeed that put him above others.

You're spot on with the laziness, especially with Lui. He was often a liability defensively and he didn't have the nicest odor on the park. I think this helped him get open more often along with the fact that knew where to be at the right time.....:)

Captain

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt

Holy shite, the universe is going to implode. The Cpt and I are in agreement. Cpt you are a fcuking Irish swine!!;) We just can't have all this lovey dovey shite!!!:rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both players although increadibly talented, suffered from the Croatian laziness factor.

This laziness factor of which you speak, is unfortunately not only confined to the Croats. I know of a few souvlaki scented Greeks who suffer from the same problem. :(

Dasovic was a work horse and a half. Enough running already! Happy to see him sign in Scotland and get the hell out of the lower mainland. Then we could relax a bit. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco,

I am turning over a new leaf.......This is what happens when you are left to deal with a 31/2 and 2 year old daughters without mother around. I guess this is the nurturing side of the Captain. I just want everyone to get along.......:)

I may have gone over the top before with my comments, so it is time to move on and forget them..........until next time.

Captain

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dasovic

Nick was given the pink slip and will be heading out of St.Johnstone... it had nothing to do with his ability, rather he is aging and the team will be relegated at the end of the season... apparently the Club decided to release the older lads and go with a youth movement... I'm sure he'll land on his feet...

BTW, Bronco I can't believe you actually admitted to the Croat laziness... :eek: As for Slav at least he realizes that Limies are in fact English yobs not Irish, Scottish or the like!!!:rolleyes:

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played against Nick in juvenille and never thought much of him at that time

In my humble opinion Nick was a better skilled player in juvenille soccer, a great dribbler and passer. He was an outstanding midfield player who always seemed to find an open man and create good plays. Of course we were very young then about early to mid teens and the game overseas has double the skill level as opposed to here. By the way captain who did you play for in juvenille soccer, perhaps Killarney or Dunbar?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vratar,

I played for the West Richmond Strikers. I didn't say he was a bad player, but certainly not one who I thought could have made it in Europe.

Captain

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

I thought I would just show some courtesy by distinguishing the lot of you, since it fcuking pisses me off when somebody calls me a gypsie serb.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0