Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ChampionsCup or whatever it is called.... PART II

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you see a depressed Hun? Yessssssssssss Yessssssssssssssss

22/07/2004 Bet : Baltimore (D Borkowski) - Game 2 - Boston (T Wakefield)... 20.00 112.75
22/07/2004 Houston (R Oswalt) At Arizona (E Gonzalez) Houston To W... 10.00 83.52

A couple of apples today. Yes, wrong thread but what are ya gonna do?

Bucky, are you a big Chelsea fan now? Sorry, can you ignore that word?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky,

Were you liquored again? ;) I was just too lazy to go to another thread. I guess the 'joke' flew over your head, so obviously it wasn't gold. Cheers and I'll see you in Seattle supporting your 'Blues' brothers......Right?

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I guess the 'joke' flew over your head, so obviously it wasn't gold.

Captain,

I could only assume that you were paralytic with such poor showing. However, the "flew" over my head was a better effort.....or just convenient. You must try harder. But not too hard like TheRob :cool:

As for the ChampionsWorld, I fancy Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Ure and Roma coming away with at least one win.

Buckfast

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget to take your Jolly Roger flag down to Seattle Bucky. You'll need something to help explain the manpris.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a blue haze, your right it's a loss. Taken with a bit of perspective, this club has just spent $62M in the last month alone, to become the best squad in Europe. So 4-2 is a quite respectable score. Mind you, they are no Fulham.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2, 4-2

Buckfast said:
Can you hear a happy bead rattler.......No No

Top 25 in the world, eh?

Buckfast

I'm not sure what a bead rattler is but I'm sure there are lots of them who are happy. Yes, top 25, and you're STILL believing that the pre-season means everything, Bucky. Disappointed in you my bitter Hun. I enjoyed the game more than last year's, probably because of our seats. Fantastic. Young Beattie was making some decent runs and causing a few problems for Chelsea. Bobby Petta was mince. John Hartson was fcuking AWFUL. Celtic's backline was a little suspect to say the least but Chelsea has some cracking players. That Kezman will be pushing Henry this year for leading scorer. Seriously. His strike rate at PSV was a couple of goals under a goal a game. With Robben solidifying their left side, this could finally be Chelsea's year.....

There was around 31,000 there which was disappointing but it really is a fantastic venue.

Captainwhocan'twaituntilAugust28toshuttheHUNSupAGAIN

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
:( All I know is I am trying to check out of our hotel in downtown Seattle at the moment with Jua, Jags, and Davey asleep in the lobby, and the staff is making inquiries as to who (let me guess D#$ey Fi$#@ento) was "making water" out of the fifth floor window onto 2nd Avenue last night... ;)

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A wee story.
We went to the ballgame on Friday night. A terrible game to watch live. We had a few bevvies, and as the night goes on Pegg starts to get restless. So he starts working the crowd and eventually gets a crackin wave going. This goes on for quite some time and he has the whole section Jumping. Then It starts to get daft. People start coming over and getting there picture taken with "Jeff the wave guy". No word of a lie, these people were getting his autograph. Even on the streets after people were saying hello to the wave guy. To top the night we met Alan Thompson at Kells.

Can't wait for next year. :D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the atmosphere surrounding the game wasn't even close to last year, but the contest itself was a far more entertaining affair and, much like El Capitano, the seats we got (stole) were magic. Leather-padded is the way to go. Saw Jinks and a host of others at Kells on friday. Apparently my circa-Euro '96 England kit wasn't such a hot fashion choice for the evening. A couple of people indicated as much in a far less pleasant manner.

As for the game. First off, Maruhino must have some sort of back-heel quota the players must meet by the end of each half. As for the players themsleves, Kezman looked very impressive in just 45 minutes played - he and Gudjhonssen (sp?) seemed to really link up well together. Smertin scored an absolute cracker but was very ordinary aside from that (and he was dreadful in his own end). I wish Robben would have gotten a full game as his pace made him a legit threat every time he touched the ball. Pretty quick for a guy with no melanin. On the other side, Beattie was tre-men-dous for Sellick and I thought Bobo was great for the first 45. How bad was/is Petta's ankle? He looked like he was in some trouble.

Seahawk/Qwest Field is a beautiful facility. I'm all but sold on checking out a Shithawks game this year, although my spirits were dampened a bit on Saturday when I learned that Ricky Williams is retiring from professional football, making that Miami-Seattle game on November 21st a lot less appealing. Mike Vick and the Falcons do come to town in week 17....

Sorry about straying off topic. Did anybody else notice how many people were getting breathalized at customs? We saw three people get the straw treatment in just under 45 minutes.

Good times had by all.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M ........ an International Post from the hotel lobby of The Moore. Very nice. Actually, I felt that the couch in the lobby was much more comfortable than the bed on the 5th floor. Game was magic, Sluggers was good for a few laughs, Cowgirls was not bad as well and looks like a place which could go off. Coyote Ugly type place with women dancing on the bar and that was at 4:30pm. Watch out for their mean mechanical bull ....... I actually stayed on for just over the required 8 seconds. Fortunate that I did not get gored afterward, but thanks to dicken_cider for coming to the rescue. His years of training as a Mechanical Bull Rodeo Clown finally came in handy. Off to Kells we went for a few and met up with Jinky and Parkhead and it was all but over (at least for me) by 11:00pm. Davey, Sir M, Jua et al had a small problem with a bartender at another spot. Something about Davey being too pissed to drink McCallan 18 year old, but he still could finish his beer. Only description that the bartender could give to the police was a shorter italian male with chew dripping out of his bottom lip yelling out "whose the cutest".
Jags

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game, great seats, centre half on the players bench side about 20 rows up. (A special thanks to the stadium staff in the VIP section for allowing us to be, well us-cheers) Attendance was a little dissapointing and so were the $7.50 US pints. Temperature I think went up 5 degrees at half and by the end of the game was scorching. I agree with Sensei on the stadium, a great facility to watch the game. I thought Smertin did fairly well as a defensive central midfield player and his goal was magic. Went to Fado downtown all night and it was excellent. Had an outdoor beergarden and plenty of eye candy. The band was from Vancouver and did well despite the lack of a dance floor - something theRob would have been disgusted with. That Cowgirls place looked interesting. SC's alter ego sitting on my shoulder told me not to go in though. Until next year.

On a side note, I hope the guys from North Van found their buddy who was on his stag. The father in law was not impressed as the groom to be was MIA at 3am and an APB had been sent out to find out his location. :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davey, Sir M, Jua et al had a small problem with a bartender at another spot. Something about Davey being too pissed to drink McCallan 18 year old, but he still could finish his beer. Only description that the bartender could give to the police was a shorter italian male with chew dripping out of his bottom lip yelling out "whose the cutest".
Jags

Jags,

Jua's method of ordering McCallan may have had something to do with it as well. For some reason I think our bartender, a member of the fairer sex, may have taken exception to Little Ju's tried and true (whilst throwing a bar stool to the floor), "get me a drink, Bitch" technique... :rolleyes:

She dialed 9-1-1 seconds later... :eek: and we moved on to the next venue, Spada doing cartwheels down 2nd...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
SC's alter ego sitting on my shoulder told me not to go in though.
Holy shite B-man, I really did a number on you hey? I thought your type could move past our first meeting in Penticton... :confused:

As always, do what you want to do, but I don't need to hear about it ;)

+shoulderangelSC

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky are you serious. This is just a run around for the 17 and 18 yr olds.
I wee bit of fun before the season starts. Look at the lineup and then you can have that laugh. I did.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then your weans are mince too. The future's bright, the future's orange.

BTW - how many Sellick supporters at the match tonight? The world's greatest supporters coming out in droves, eh.

The biscuit tight is air tight in Celtic's boardroom. Oooops almost forgot the big signing from Canada...........................

Buckfast

PS - Where's the Captain? Awfully quiet, mate.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS - Where's the Captain? Awfully quiet, mate.

Right here, Bucky. If you are so concerned I will answer.

I watched the first half of the game, which was quite possibly as lobsided as Man United humping the Huns in the CL last year. Almost.

At 5:45, I realized that I had to go ref at Sportstown and to be quite honest, after watching that performance, I wasn't too disappointed to be leaving. On my way to the games, I was thinking how happy I am that I'm still a Celt and not a fcuking Hun. That always makes me feel better.

I arrived at about 6:13, set up the score clock and started reffing the coed games at 6:20 precisely. After reffing two games, I had to go to a meeting with the Club Ireland board. I think we have spent more money on water bottles this year than Celtic has in signings. It's all relative you know. The meeting lasted until about 10:33, at which point I left, came home, spoke to my wife for a few minutes before sitting down to the computer. I am going to stay up and watch the second half that I missed earlier to see if there is anything positive I can take from the game. Oh, I forgot to mention that I was letting quite a few farts go at the meeting, which cleared the room twice. I hope this answers your question, Bucky. Cheers.