Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
its just comical that JBN holds himself out as an educated Canuck fan and then proceeds to put them all in a 6 way tie for the Norris...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
its just comical that JBN holds himself out as an educated Canuck fan and then proceeds to put them all in a 6 way tie for the Norris...

Canucks have one of the strongest sets of d in the league....dont know why you cant see that.

I find this whole conversation funny. Canucks have a top 6 team in the league and everything thinks they will go out first round.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
hyberbole to make a point JBN.... and anyone that thinks the Canucks are still a top 6 team has clearly had a mind-meld with Gillis... just laughable... there are at least six teams clearly better than Vancouver...

how can you have one of the best bluelines in the league without anyone even approximating a number 1 defenseman? listen to yourself!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb, if you can read and are able to use any logic, and I know you are more than capable!... you will see I'm not big on the Canucks from my posts as far as doing damage in the playoffs etc, nor am I in agreement with a lot of what Gillis has done. The Nucks are winning games against bubble or non playoff teams right now and are struggling with scoring, injuries and mental fragility in net... and have real cap troubles on the horizon.

The Canucks Defense as a GROUP is a good group. It's not the BEST in the league but it's among the best groups in the league. There are teams with a D-Corps I'd take over the Nucks group for sure... Six teams worth? I don't agree with that... and also you have to look at fiscal considerations when considering how strong a team is, you cannot only speak to how good a team is on the ice alone anymore.

I still stand by my comment that the cap going down is going to be a much more significant thing to happen in this league than most are ready to accept.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He'd be our number one defenseman.

As far as other team's Defenses, the following are of the same class or better imho, but each have issues.
1. Boston, not as deep imho but Chara is a stud anyone would love to have,
2. St Louis, although they'll have a difficult time paying everyone and getting those RFA's back all together.
3. Chicago, I hate Keith but respect his game. Seabrook is a stud. Leddy is underrated.
4. LA- Big and tough, not as much skill as I'd like and more $ balanced
5. Philly (caveat being Pronger would have to be healthy)
6. San Jose has a comparible D-Corps... lower quality lower end talent and they're mis-using Burns imho.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I meant six teams that were better... Anaheim, Chicago, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Los Angeles are all currently better teams than the Canucks, just off the top of my head... as far as D go, any team with a #1 horse that can log 25-30 minutes and shut down the Crosby's and Malkin's of the world has a better blueline than Vancouver, imo... In addition a team like Pittsburgh that doesnt have the shutdown guy but has firepower back there in the form of Kris Letang would also rank higher, I think...

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The east and west don't play each other and you're gonna say certain teams are better than others from different conferences? Why is Montreal better, is it because they are ahead of your Bruins? I'm sorry but when a team struggles the way they do against someone like Toronto I can't take them as contenders.

Also last I checked the Canucks are 1-1 against the Hawks and Ducks and 2-1 against the Kings. Now I'm not saying those teams aren't better but your hate for the Canucks is pretty amusing. Can the Canucks win the west? Yes. Will they? I would say if they get healthy they have a really good chance but Schneider has to keep up his hot play. Kind of like Thomas played in 2011 and Quick last year.

I actually think Bruins will come out of the east with the Caps being a possible darkhorse, and either the Kings or Ducks from the west. But as stated above if the ginger can keep being in the zone then the nucks are right there as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last few posts/pages really don't have much to do with Canuck trades.

Either start new threads or find one that is more relevant for the above.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0