Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...I smell either a round 1 exit or a run to the finals, Luongo leading the charge after a Cory Schneider injury in game 3 of the first round, w/ the Nucks down 2-1 in the series, and 2-1 in the game vs. the Kings. Zack Kassian crushes Dustin Brown, breaks his shoulder, and the wheels fall off the Kings train.

Roll on you 'Nucks.

And pass me another...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see everyone in the west as fairly equal in Bettman's league between 3-13 really. Outside of Anaheim and Chicago as two steps ahead of everyone else and the Flans and Av's as crap.

There's more of the same in the East with Montreal, Pitt, and B's as beasts with only the bottom dwellers being 4-5 teams outside of playoffs...

it's going to be a crap shoot with officials again going to change the rules on everyone by putting the whistles away and the bigger teams and the teams that can adjust the quickest winning.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW...I smell either a round 1 exit or a run to the finals, Luongo leading the charge after a Cory Schneider injury in game 3 of the first round, w/ the Nucks down 2-1 in the series, and 2-1 in the game vs. the Kings. Zack Kassian crushes Dustin Brown, breaks his shoulder, and the wheels fall off the Kings train.

Roll on you 'Nucks.

I don't think

And pass me another...

I don't think you need another, if thats your prediction. Stick to water :rolleyes:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldnt worry about my B's this year... it's teetering as it is, and Bergeron just picked up his 4th concussion...

fair enough on Lack, decent numbers in front of a shite d is telling... the issue that is going to creep up on the Canucks is far too many bloated contracts that wont bring back anything near what Gillis wants.

1) Ask yourself how many teams would claim Luongo and his contract off waivers right now.

2) Ask yourself how many teams would claim Ballard and his salary when he's become a glorified 7th D man on a good not great team.

3) Ask yourself how many teams would invest in Booth's salary for the amount of time he actually helps you on the ice...

Either you cut and run, or you morph into Jay Feaster...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldnt worry about my B's this year... it's teetering as it is, and Bergeron just picked up his 4th concussion...

fair enough on Lack, decent numbers in front of a shite d is telling... the issue that is going to creep up on the Canucks is far too many bloated contracts that wont bring back anything near what Gillis wants.

1) Ask yourself how many teams would claim Luongo and his contract off waivers right now.

2) Ask yourself how many teams would claim Ballard and his salary when he's become a glorified 7th D man on a good not great team.

3) Ask yourself how many teams would invest in Booth's salary for the amount of time he actually helps you on the ice...

Either you cut and run, or you morph into Jay Feaster...

The answer to everyone of your questions is Flyers

What do I win?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb, I agree with a lot of what you'd said except the part about Ballard. He's a victim of his environment. On a team like Florida or Phoenix he's a very handy player- he's just stuck behind a bunch of better players in Vancouver. Vancouver probably has the best all around D Core in the league, or one of the best... Hamhuis would be a fringe guy to make the oympic team and if Bieksa was another nationality he'd be a candidate also... Edler is a National teamer and Garrison is the one backfill to replace what has been Salo or Ehrhoff in the past.

just sayin.

Ballard is a handy player and his contract is unatractive when it comes to trading him unless like dollars come back, he would be snapped up in a NY Minute if an UFA though (following a buy out of course)

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Florida has perennial trouble getting to the cap floor, yet are happy to keep jettisoning or let walk players with big tickets to Vancouver... think about that...

Ballard at his cap hit is not a handy player. He is a disaster in his own end and AV has figured that out. Phoenix and Florida both gave up on him - two teams hardly in a position to pick and choose amongst blueliners.

Hamhuis isnt getting anywhere near the national team, and Bieksa is a great #4 d man, no more, no less... the money the Canucks have tied up in a defense devoid of anyone who can match up with the Getzlaf, Thornton, and Datysuk's of the world is laughable...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh? The Nucks were making what they thought to be Hockey trades with Florida giving up rentals to help FLA short term get more valuable players while making the playoffs for Booth and Reinprecht, while also getting cap space for RFA Re-signs. They also received a 1st round pick and Grabner (who they were high on till a Coach saw Grabner as weak) for Ballard.

Ballard has been traded for big assets every time.

He was traded out of Phoenix as the asset for Jokinen FFS...

As for Hamhuis, it was being discussed by the CBC Panel two weeks ago during HNIC that Hamhuis is likely in the mix for Sochi and Bieksa would likely be invited to the camp... I didn't say that - The CBC "Experts" did.

The Nucks have no Norris candidate, Weber, Chara, etc etc but their D Corps as a whole is in the top 5 in the league as far as depth and quality... and that costs money.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll further add this little statistical (anomaly?) which Regs will get a kick out of:

all Nucks Dmen this year are on the + side of +/-, except Edler and Alberts.
Edler -3
Hamhuis +4 (playing the top line every night I might add)
Garrison +14!!!
Bieksa +5 (Beside Hamhuis shutting down top lines...)
Tanev +4
Barker +3
Ballard +1
Alberts -2

Keep in mind the Nucks are only 98 GF with 93 GA on the Year (+5)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll further add this little statistical (anomaly?) which Regs will get a kick out of:

all Nucks Dmen this year are on the + side of +/-, except Edler and Alberts.
Edler -3
Hamhuis +4 (playing the top line every night I might add)
Garrison +14!!!
Bieksa +5 (Beside Hamhuis shutting down top lines...)
Tanev +4
Barker +3
Ballard +1
Alberts -2

Keep in mind the Nucks are only 98 GF with 93 GA on the Year (+5)

How do you not have a blog, or news paper column.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis has no money for next year unless he buys out Both,Ballard ad trades shnids and keaps Lui. No one want Lui's contract. That's the reason he is still here. He is as good as Shnider. I just can not understand gilis's stupidity. Shnider would bring us Shawn Matthais and onother D. With Lui's contract is is beating back of donkey's ars.
We could have made it to cup finals. This way twins will be year older. Slowley sliding. We play one good game than two so so. The team is just not the same. Roy gives us onother Chris Higgins wich I like. But that's not enough.
I wish him luck. But to me he has roped him self. Maybe with Bure comming here we can get a guy from Russia for a short time during the playoffs. It would be nice to see Bure as a scout. One day we could have a power house team.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you not have a blog, or news paper column.

Just go read the stuff Botchford writes, same thing...

Hamhuis and Edler you can argue are worth their money. No chance Bieksa, Ballard or Garrison are worth that kind of dough. I watch Canuck games (home market) and Bruin games (favourite team). Money wise those three compare closest on the Bruins to Dennis Seidenberg... would I trade Seids straight up for any of those guys? Not a hope.

It's all very well and good to have top 4 d men on all three pairings... However, when none of those pairings have a legit #1, you arent going anywhere in the playoffs...

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bieksa hit the jackpot when he got paired up with hamhuis, same goes for garrison playing with campbell. to mention bieksa's name and team canada in the same sentence is ludacris. same goes for burrows. i actually heard that on 1040!

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb, there is no sense in trying to reason with people that would suggest the canucks defence is elite in the nhl!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich you are corect, They are not even close to elite. Bieksa is six out of ten, his partner is seven out of ten, Edler plays 8 out of ten and then 4 out of ten. Alberts is the most improved player on that D but he stits due to coach likes passive players. That only works against shity clubs. It will not work against LA,ST Jose, M-Sota,Ducks and Boston and New Jersey and Toronto.
All those teams will beat us out in playoffs due to lack of size, we must match the players from other clubs in orther to win in a tough series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0