Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful to watch. And what was with the Ben/Miller thing leaving the ice at the end of the period?

Maybe my post about friction in the room isn’t far off?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miller strikes me as the most infuriating player to play with. When he’s on and into it he’s a nasty piece of business to play against. However I’ve never seen a player switch off more then he does. When things are going well for him I’m sure he’s great in the room, when they aren’t I don’t imagine he’s taking ownership and being a positive voice. Can talk about Petterson and Hughes holding out which I’m sure the players have well gotten over. But I don’t think those two create much controversy in the room.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game last night... a few observations:

- I've watched a lot of hockey; I don't think I've ever seen a team be as abysmal at protecting the puck as the Canucks. Buffalo took the puck away at will, the Canucks gave it away chronically (including OEL on the winning goal, just atrocious), puck battles were 90-10 in Buffalo's favour... incredible.

- Dahlin is a stud - true #1 D man. Power gets up and down the ice incredibly for a man his size, and he's only 19... when he figures out his own end - which is already not bad - good lord.

- Alex Tuch and Tage Thompson are on the cusp of superstardom. Thompson seemingly had the puck on his stick the whole night, with precious little resistance.

- Casey Middelstadt may finally be figuring it out. He was excellent defensively. Dylan Cozens, on the other hand, was softed than molasses in July and most assuredly has not figured anything out... yet.

- Tyler Myers is a pylon. Buffalo drove the net on him at will, and why not - he offered zero resistance, physical or otherwise.

- Horvat looks like a guy trying to avoid serious injury so as not to jeopardize his bag in the offseason. Or a captain disillusioned that everyone else has been paid but him. Or both.

- they're going to have to trade a forward to get some D help. That's an AHL level blueline right now, period.

- Buffalo is going to be a lot better than people think, and the Canucks a lot worse. They're in a ton of trouble...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad Baby GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs was always overhyped to me. Not a great skater, not particularly big and plays smaller than he is, and for all of the offensive skill he is supposed to have never really put up points in either the NHL or AHL. He's 23, so at some point you'd hope he'd figure it out. Maybe a change of scenery will help, but his skillset isn't that of a bottom six mucker.

DiPietro was basically ruined by being thrown to the wolves a few years ago when the Nuckers were
down three goalies to injury, and who knows with the D prospect... to me this is just two teams exchanging stalled prospects for fresh starts...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should say... were I a betting man, I'd bet the Canucks move Horvat... shake up the room in about as big a way as you can, and make sure he doesn't just walk for nothing at the end of the year... it's not like he's giving them much right now anyway; move him with a depth D man and get a top 4 D man and a young bottom six winger with some upside back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0