Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2022/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kuzmenko scratched tonight. Why must this franchise keep punching themselves in the balls

Our defense is the issue here.

So ya let's devalue a trade asset we probably can't afford to resign next year.

Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Podkolzin probably shouldn't react to clean hits by cross-checking guys in the back and then staring them down... hope he's ok but sometimes lessons need to be learned...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kids alright I guess. Not like he’s racking up major point in the CHL or anything. Oh wait…
Having said that, I don’t think his division is as strong as other divisions like the BC division with Blazers,Giants, and Rockets.
But He’s a stud. My nephew plays for The Blazers and I thought he was fun to watch but Bedard is on a different level.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems soft?

Very soft butbthisnis our world now.

I've dealt with this a few times where I work. One Time it was male and things were sorted out internally. All the other times it was women and involved outside parties. Labor relations twice and work safe once.

The best was this one gal who accused me of playing favorites and took me to labor relations because I promoted my sister in law ahead of her and she felt she was entitled to the promotion because she had been employed longer. She completely ignored her poor attendance and performance as being the deciding factors. The best person for the job deserves the job. Long story short I won. The funny thing is that she still uses me as a reference to this day. That Tells me she must have done alot worse at her other employers if she's using me.

I always tell the truth.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First we let them vote, now this. Where does it end? Next thing you know I’m cooking dinner and cleaning up after myself. That I will not stand for.
I know, fcuking joke. Heard the other day there is talk of a World Cup for Women.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious to know what these mental and physical disabilities are that she mentions. Is there a doctors note?

Found it.

Ptsd and a heart condition. Stress anxiety and depression.

Pretty sure all canuck fans suffer from this.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good grief this will get messy.

I'm getting the sense that Doerrie has the narcissistic tendencies / lack of self-awareness typical of her age cohort, and that the AGM felt the need - one way or another - to give her some humble pie. And, if you're asking your media buddy to post something about your promotion to "assistant video manager" and then tossing it up on IG, maybe she's got a point.

All that said, the Canucks may have a problem here. If, in fact, they hired her with the full knowledge of her personal circumstances, they'd have a duty to bring the AGM up to speed if she was going to be Doerrie's direct supervisor. Doerrie's version appears to be that she demanded to be treated like a snowflake and got assurances that she would be - I can't imagine why they signed off on that but having done so I think they have a duty to hold up their end of the bargain.

They also have a duty to accommodate, mitigate, etc etc before firing her. Especially given the mental health stuff, you'd think they might have sent her for some counselling or given her a medical leave of absence - with pay - at least at the front end.

Of course, all of this is dependent on the facts being as laid out by Doerrie. It sure sounds like the Canucks have a wildly different version.

Where this could get really juicy is if the AGM ends up having to save her own hide by alleging that the Canucks never told her about Doerrie's unique circumstances prior to her (the AGM) being hired. Canucks gonna start regretting hiring all these women real soon - which isn't remotely fair to the many women out there who would do a great job, but it's still what the Canucks will take out of this if things truly go sideways...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good grief this will get messy.

I'm getting the sense that Doerrie has the narcissistic tendencies / lack of self-awareness typical of her age cohort, and that the AGM felt the need - one way or another - to give her some humble pie. And, if you're asking your media buddy to post something about your promotion to "assistant video manager" and then tossing it up on IG, maybe she's got a point.

All that said, the Canucks may have a problem here. If, in fact, they hired her with the full knowledge of her personal circumstances, they'd have a duty to bring the AGM up to speed if she was going to be Doerrie's direct supervisor. Doerrie's version appears to be that she demanded to be treated like a snowflake and got assurances that she would be - I can't imagine why they signed off on that but having done so I think they have a duty to hold up their end of the bargain.

They also have a duty to accommodate, mitigate, etc etc before firing her. Especially given the mental health stuff, you'd think they might have sent her for some counselling or given her a medical leave of absence - with pay - at least at the front end.

Of course, all of this is dependent on the facts being as laid out by Doerrie. It sure sounds like the Canucks have a wildly different version.

Where this could get really juicy is if the AGM ends up having to save her own hide by alleging that the Canucks never told her about Doerrie's unique circumstances prior to her (the AGM) being hired. Canucks gonna start regretting hiring all these women real soon - which isn't remotely fair to the many women out there who would do a great job, but it's still what the Canucks will take out of this if things truly go sideways...

Is this a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts