Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2011 Offseason

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
6'5,

I don't think anyone wanted him gone per se, I just think everyone (myself included) thought we needed to upgrade our scoring via a trade and our natural "depth" at defense, and him being the only high claibre guy without a NTC in his contract made him Mr. Obvious Trade candidate.

Mike Gillis is smarter than us as we STILL ran out of "depth" in the playoffs and it did cost us the cup.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have a picture of the new twin? Do they look like the Sedins at all? Cuz we already have KNVB to make quadruplets. Could be a first for the NHL

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
3. Boston beat us because the refs refused to blow their whistles in the spirit of "Letting the players play the game" We don't need to be goonier, we needed to stay healthier.

Kidding right ??
1. still mad at the kid who beat you up in grade school
2. pissed at your first girlfriend still, she dumped you 20 years ago
3. mad about the slop you had last week for breakfast.

Get over it man................Softcouver lost because they were outplayed, outscored(insert goal dif. here. 23-8) and showed a complete lack of HEART.

Did not really see the pick they used for that in the draft..............please provide.

PS: Christine Sinclair can provide mentor ship to the soft, skilled core on playing with HEART

Canucks=NOBALLS,NOHEART,NOSTANLEY

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob Mackenzie reporting that Erhoff will become a UFA and Vancouver is now shopping his rights. Reportedly offered Bieksa/Hamhuis type money.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
3. Boston beat us because the refs refused to blow their whistles in the spirit of "Letting the players play the game" We don't need to be goonier, we needed to stay healthier.

Kidding right ??
1. still mad at the kid who beat you up in grade school
2. pissed at your first girlfriend still, she dumped you 20 years ago
3. mad about the slop you had last week for breakfast.

Get over it man................Softcouver lost because they were outplayed, outscored(insert goal dif. here. 23-8) and showed a complete lack of HEART.

Did not really see the pick they used for that in the draft..............please provide.

PS: Christine Sinclair can provide mentor ship to the soft, skilled core on playing with HEART

Canucks=NOBALLS,NOHEART,NOSTANLEY

Cool story bro.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey urnotatwembley,

I listed reasons why they lost, one being BECAUSE of what I said as item #3, The lost because they got beat by the better team, no excuses.

It had nothing to do with being 'tough' it had everything to do with this team being built for one style and one style only and because the Nucks lost so many key players through attrition and ended up playing with guys banged up really bad (The B's did too, but nearly to the same extent) they couldn't compete.

If the games were called in the playoffs the same was as they are called in the regular season Boston likely doesn't get by Tampa in the Eastern Conference finals, but if my Aunt had Balls she'd be my uncle.

So be careful about who you call out and when you call them out.

Your B's won. good for them. Show some class to us Nucks fans still trying to come to grips with what went down and having our hearts ripped out.

ffs.

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right. Kesler playing with a pulled groin and bad hip, Edler with broken fingers, Manny coming back from multiple eye surgeries . . . what a bunch of pansies.

Wowee, was not aware that most of you Softcouver fans will refer to injuries still.......................All teams have injuries late in a playoff run and the players keep going through the pain.

What i was refering to was lack of intestinal fortitude,not the ability to play through pain.

I will make it simple, no HEART cost the WestCoast Swedes the CUP, do we need to suply a flowchart ?

Even simpler, Wizard of Oz, cowardly lion, get it now ????????

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If the games were called in the playoffs the same was as they are called in the regular season Boston likely doesn't get by Tampa in the Eastern Conference finals, but if my Aunt had Balls she'd be my uncle.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They displayed a HUGE lack of HEART.......................................how many examples do we need to provide..........................

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey urnotatwembley,

I listed reasons why they lost, one being BECAUSE of what I said as item #3, The lost because they got beat by the better team, no excuses.

It had nothing to do with being 'tough' it had everything to do with this team being built for one style and one style only and because the Nucks lost so many key players through attrition and ended up playing with guys banged up really bad (The B's did too, but nearly to the same extent) they couldn't compete.

Your B's won. good for them. Show some class to us Nucks fans still trying to come to grips with what went down and having our hearts ripped out.

ffs.

Stop mentioning the refs and we will leave u alone, the record is scratched, same song, again, again and again

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm up for a debate with a retard. Sure, why not?

Boston won the Cup. We have no time machine, or access to a parallel universe to see what could have happened.

Congrats.

The Canucks lost because they ran out of gas. It wasn't a lack of heart. If they lacked heart they wouldn't have guys playing as well as they did considering the injuries they had. they wouldn't have Manny Malhotra returning early from injury. They essentially played the 7 Stanley Cup finals games down one of their top 2 dmen (Hamhuis), down 2 of their top 6 forwards (Samuelsson and Raymond) they had Edler, Kesler, Ehrhoff and others playing hurt, hurt bad enough that they wouldn't have been playing if it were regular season games or likely even early round playoff games.

Boston was incredibly lucky to have Rome issued the most severe suspension in Stanley Cup Finals history.
Boston was incredibly lucky TB's vaunted PP with Vinny, St Louis, Gagne, Stamkos, etc didn't get out there with a man advantage in Game 7.
Boston was incredibly lucky to have Tim Thomas stopping everything in the SCF's/

You have to be lucky to be good...and good to be lucky.

They took advantage of their breaks and won the Cup. The Nucks didn't LOSE the Cup- Boston WON the Cup. See what I did there?

If the rules of the game were applied evenly and called evenly the Nucks would have had to take advantage of their breaks, as we saw wathcing the games, the calls and games never developed that way... The Nucks were hardly ever given the chance to go on the PP against Boston unless the B's were already 1 goal or 2 ahead in the middle part of the series.

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy theory, I'm just saying the refs didn't call the games they way they were called in the regular season and throuhgout the rest of the playoffs and had they done so, we might have seen a different outcome- right down to who the actual 2 teams competing for the Cup were.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop mentioning the refs and we will leave u alone, the record is scratched, same song, again, again and again
seems to only be one of you. And I think you may have got ripped off if you bought a record with only one song on it. I suggest an MP3 player for you so you can have more than just one song on it and can use it in your car or perphaps your work. If there is any more I can help with please let me know. Sincerely Cascade.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ehrhoff wouldn't take the pay upgrade liek Bieksa got, apparently he wants 7m a year, who is this guy? what a douche. That is all.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0