Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2011 Offseason

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a super thin UFA class, especially with DMen. So he's getting good advice from his agent, and I don't think anyone begrudges a guy to get his full value. Bieksa is a little different, he's grown up with the Canucks, he was drafted and groomed here, and is great friends with many on the team... Ehrhoff is a different case altogether, and I'd say that at the end of the day if he's not willing to "take less" for another shot at the cup it tells you all you need to know about his level of commitment to that specific cause.

Them not getting Ehrhoff re-upped poses a new challenge...they will now HAVE to either play Ballard and assimilate him into the rank and file of this team or HAVE to trade him for another roster player. It also bodes well for the return of Sami Salo... at WAY less $$ of course.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's about where I fall on the issue. For the money they would have had to fork out, had they been able, my bet is they can find a suitable replacement piece to the puzzle. Obviously, Ehrhoff isn't as loyal to the organization and to the dream of lifting the cup as some. This is his one shot at the big money, and he's making a business decision. It doesn't make him a douche; it does make him analytical, unemotional, and very German.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad Colorado plays in our division, I'd offer them Ballard and Schneider for Erik Johnson.

They need to get spending to hit the floor as they haven't even spent 30 mill yet...

Long Island has some excellent Prospects also with loads of cap space... Nino Neiderreiter & Calvin deHaan...
Phoenix also needs a goalie and needs to take on a bluechip contract now that Jovo is a UFA will likely end up elsewhere...Now that Hulsizer has bailed on the Yotes I have a hard time thinking many, if any, UFA's will sign there for any more than 1 year.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballard has the capability to replace Erhoff if he can get his confidence back. He's been able to put up points with awful FLA forwards so you'd have to think he'd be better with the Canucks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballard has the capability to replace Erhoff if he can get his confidence back. He's been able to put up points with awful FLA forwards so you'd have to think he'd be better with the Canucks.

Hearsay is just hearsay, which is what I'm about to say because I'm sworn to secrecy about my source, however I can say that I was told that Ballard isn't liked or respected by the players and management. He didn't handle his "demotion" and lack of minutes at the start of the year very well and hasn't curried any favors with the staff and players with his actions and pouting... everyone on the team supposedly gets on very well with him being a bigtime outsider.

His ability to skate and make those devastating hipchecks and his occasional forays into the other teams zones reminds me of a smaller better skating Ed Jovanovski...but if his teammates don't like him and the coach doesn't have any faith in him it will be impossible for him to get his confidence back unless he gets a new area/zip code imho.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearsay is just hearsay, which is what I'm about to say because I'm sworn to secrecy about my source, however I can say that I was told that Ballard isn't liked or respected by the players and management. He didn't handle his "demotion" and lack of minutes at the start of the year very well and hasn't curried any favors with the staff and players with his actions and pouting... everyone on the team supposedly gets on very well with him being a bigtime outsider.

His ability to skate and make those devastating hipchecks and his occasional forays into the other teams zones reminds me of a smaller better skating Ed Jovanovski...but if his teammates don't like him and the coach doesn't have any faith in him it will be impossible for him to get his confidence back unless he gets a new area/zip code imho.

I have also heard that, but I assumed my "source" was talking out of his ass because all I have read is how much of a professional he was about it. But apparently not.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Writers find things like this to harp about. Tony Gallagher Matt Sekeres and Jason Botchford have beat the Aaron Rome vs Keith Ballard drum so hard for those of us that listen to the TEAM or read the globe and province...

We have all played on teams where a more skiled player sits out in favor of the consummate "team guy"

Not all these guys have their ducks in a row (journalistically) all the time, and sometimes they just need a topic to complain about when the going is too good to be true, re: A Cup Run and presidents trophy season with the Selke and Art Ross winner with a Vezina candidate, a GM of the year and a Jack adams Candidate...

urnotatwembley

Mar 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean by not posting on TTP about the Bruins until the end?

You're on a roll, don't stop.

K
Moderator = man of many opinions, but no real knowledge.
And Jimmypinkass is still moaning about, let me get this right for him.
-injuries
- lucky to have goalie..........
- refs
Last post on subject.

Canucks will not win the CUP, 2012,13,14 - Every year at this time i will re-visit and confirm that you fellas cheer for a losing hockey team that has come as close as they ever will...................................NOHEART

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless Polska moved to the Island and got a government job, no.

The host name is: vicce017.net.gov.bc.ca

Opinion or knowledge?

:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Jovonovski is too old and broke down and will be too expensive imho for the Nucks.

I heard someone on the TEAM say today, and I agreed, that nostalgia is cool when you're talking about a Trevor Linden or whatever, but we're talking about a guy that will get $PAID$ way more than he's worth simply because the talent level available for Dmen out there is so scarce in this UFA Class...

I never knew this, but a guy I really REALLY like is a UFA July 1. Ville Leino. He would be an awesome player to fit in beside Kesler imho.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
K
Moderator = man of many opinions, but no real knowledge.
And Jimmypinkass is still moaning about, let me get this right for him.
-injuries
- lucky to have goalie..........
- refs
Last post on subject.

Canucks will not win the CUP, 2012,13,14 - Every year at this time i will re-visit and confirm that you fellas cheer for a losing hockey team that has come as close as they ever will...................................NOHEART

/\
/\
/\

Tax dollars hard at work..

god damn civil servants!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Jovonovski is too old and broke down and will be too expensive imho for the Nucks.

I heard someone on the TEAM say today, and I agreed, that nostalgia is cool when you're talking about a Trevor Linden or whatever, but we're talking about a guy that will get $PAID$ way more than he's worth simply because the talent level available for Dmen out there is so scarce in this UFA Class...

I never knew this, but a guy I really REALLY like is a UFA July 1. Ville Leino. He would be an awesome player to fit in beside Kesler imho.

I've like Leino since I drafted him in my hockey pool and Detroit sent him down for the year :( But he's been very good for Philly, but like fat monkey said, will be too rich for our blood. Unless we have another Tanev in the farm system, we're better off using the dollar's for D-men.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless Polska moved to the Island and got a government job, no.

The host name is: vicce017.net.gov.bc.ca

Opinion or knowledge?

:rolleyes:

LOL

work for Government

Never ever

especially if i'd have to work with a dog screwing douche like wembley.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0