Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canuck's '10/'11

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Ballard in AV's doghouse or something?

I've heard bits and piece's on the Team 1040 but never a full segment that has said flat-out what is going on.

Cheers,

Regs.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
David , Victoria and the kids watching nucks/kings.

Did Henrik score that night?

Attachments

• 1015-LAKBECKS3.jpg
    1015-LAKBECKS3.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 272
  • David+Beckham+at+Hockey+game+5.jpg
    David+Beckham+at+Hockey+game+5.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 270
  • GYI0062067432_crop_450x500.jpg
    GYI0062067432_crop_450x500.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 266

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My god the sky is falling. We need to trade everyone, bench the Sedin's and fire Vigneault. They need to change skate companies and come out to a different song, otherwise our season is lost.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good God.

A slump. Every team has 'em in every season. With the possible exception of the 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens of course.;)

They'll be fine. Vigneault isn't going anywhere. For better or worse, neither is Luongo.

I hope Samuellson is though. Man, I want to throw things at the TV every time his bonehead decisions cause the Canucks to lose a decent scoring chance. The guy hasn't got a creative bone in his body. He's playing with the Sedins - arguably the most imaginitive players in hockey - yet everytime he steps over the blue line with the puck, he shoots. It drives me batty.:mad:

Anyway, they will win the division. After that, who knows?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
here is what i found on that

c/p

Always good for a laugh, lovable Vancouver Canucks fans ‘The Green Men’ served up a cold dish of waffles to Tim Brent after the Toronto Maple Leafs forward took a penalty in the first period of Saturday’s game at the Rogers Arena.

The hijinks stemmed from the Dec. 9 game where the Leafs lost to the Flyers and a disgruntled Toronto fan flung waffles onto the ice in disgust.

I guess tonight the Men got tired of their usual gyrating hip routine and decided the Buds could use a snack instead.

But the fun didn’t stop there. The Men also had special messages for Kris Versteeg and Mike Komisarek after each of them entered the penalty box.

‘Green Men’ serve Leafs some waffles « Slam! sports blog

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just read this
The Waffle is a symbolic gesture for Leafs GM Brian Burke.

You see what the Leafs required was a complete rebuild, start from scratch approach.

But because of Burke's Ego they get the Super-Quick Retool.. in which they trade away prospects and draft picks for lazy, one-dimensional players..

Thus the Waffle = quick meal (retool)

Instead of patiently making a full meal and well balanced meal for the hungry Toronto fans - Burke opted for the Eggo approach - quick and unsatisfying and unfulfilling!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess waffles and hockey go hand in hand. :D

hockeywaffle.gif

4KzJl.jpg

206zwh5.gif

khrnH.jpg

DcfkG.jpg

green-men-waffles-o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a question for the TTP masses.

When was the last LOLuongo outplayed an "inferior" goalie????? He was simply shocking tonight and THE reason they lost. I'm not sure I can handle another ten years of this guy.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is Howard inferior? His last 40 games before tonight he is 30-6-4. Maybe he was unheard of before but you have to start somewhere. Yes Luongo let in 2 softies oh sorry I forgot he is supposed to be god like and stop everything. Hey it's like they say a goalie makes a mistake and it usually ends up in the back of the net. Where was this gibberish the last ten games when he was 9-1-0 and had like a 1.7 GAA and a pretty high save % and the only goalie who was better in those stats was Tim Thomas. Or when he shut out Chicago in Chicago which rarely happens? Oh yeah I forgot 1 bad game eliminates all that. I don't see you ragging on Ehrhoff, is it because he's German?:p

Anyways he was bound to have a bad game at some point and give me a break they still got a chump point and they are 9-1-2 the last 12 games. They are starting to gel slowly and once they get Salo back and if his achilles heals properly the d will get better as well.

On another note notice that with the puck hog Raymond out of the line up that the Kesler line is clicking right along. Funny what replacing speed (Raymond) with speed with a brain (Hansen) does. Maybe use Raymond and Bieksa as trade bait when Salo comes back and get a 4th line center in return?

geezer

Aug 9, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is Howard inferior? His last 40 games before tonight he is 30-6-4. Maybe he was unheard of before but you have to start somewhere. Yes Luongo let in 2 softies oh sorry I forgot he is supposed to be god like and stop everything. Hey it's like they say a goalie makes a mistake and it usually ends up in the back of the net. Where was this gibberish the last ten games when he was 9-1-0 and had like a 1.7 GAA and a pretty high save % and the only goalie who was better in those stats was Tim Thomas. Or when he shut out Chicago in Chicago which rarely happens? Oh yeah I forgot 1 bad game eliminates all that. I don't see you ragging on Ehrhoff, is it because he's German?:p

Anyways he was bound to have a bad game at some point and give me a break they still got a chump point and they are 9-1-2 the last 12 games. They are starting to gel slowly and once they get Salo back and if his achilles heals properly the d will get better as well.

On another note notice that with the puck hog Raymond out of the line up that the Kesler line is clicking right along. Funny what replacing speed (Raymond) with speed with a brain (Hansen) does. Maybe use Raymond and Bieksa as trade bait when Salo comes back and get a 4th line center in return?

Really Trade Bieska and RAymond? Salo will come back and within 2 games will be injured again, I wonder if he and hargreaves have the same physio, LOL. Keep Bieska drop Salo and his salary maybe we can find another scorer for the playoffs, Maybe Salo for Byfuglen? THat said Luongo has to win something this year, to justify his $ can't evaluate his play till the end of the year. That said, we have to play schnider more before he loses interest and his play dips.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a question for the TTP masses.

When was the last LOLuongo outplayed an "inferior" goalie????? He was simply shocking tonight and THE reason they lost. I'm not sure I can handle another ten years of this guy.

Loungo is top 3 goalie in the league....you are one of the those people who will never be happy. Where were you a month ago when they beat detroit or shutout the hawks?

Whos a better goalie out there?

Miller-shitty year
Brodeur-devils have 9 wins
Fleury-inconsistent all year long
Halek- nothing special
Price- laughable

I think you should think about looking at the canucks d

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Done and Done,
Could use the Clarence Campbell and that other one as well to sweep them all.

Love that Wikipedia was updated minutes after final of game.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 71

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0