Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canuck's '10/'11

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well everyone knows about the debacle that was the thrashing by the Wild last night. The biggest thing to come out of that game is Rypien channeling his inner Ron Artest and going after a fan. Who clapped at him. Fcuk me that was retarded. What does everyone think will be the outcome of this? He's suspended indefinitely pending a hearing on Friday, which I'm guessing will end up in a 10 game suspension. And then what do the Canucks do? Very, very bad press and not sure if that fits the Gillis-type player profile. Do they ship him out of here? Big bounce back game tonight in Chi-town, hope it turns out much better than last night.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's done. As much as AV likes him, I have to agree w/ Bmac on 1040 that he doesn't bring anything special to the team - energy? He doesn't play consistently enough that the energy he brings can't be reproduced by another player. Like Burrows.

On a positive note, the twins are becoming superstars.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the 10million dollar man 5.89 GAA....

with that said, canucks 4 chicago 1

lou with 35 saves

this team gives me a complex...

i predict rypien to be suspended 20 games and go on another bender of pills booze and cocaine ..... again

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they miss Hamhuis & Ballard at the back.

Ironic that they got these two mobile, durable two-way defencemen to play against the Hawks and they're both injured.:rolleyes:

Good game though. I thought both teams looked quite good. I can't wait to watch them play again when the Canucks (hopefully) are healthier.

I feel bad for Luongo too. He played fantastic for 65 minutes and actually nearly stopped two of those shoot-out goals. Just a fluke that they trickled in.:(

How is John Scott in the NHL?:confused: He makes Alberts look like Paul Coffey out there. I know he's big, but....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally feel more and more that AV is the problem... he's just an average coach and the skill and consistency of the Twins and regular season play of Luongo has hid his deficiencies for a long time now.

How is it that every third or fourth game the team comes out slow and look totally unprepared? That coaching or a lack thereof.
How is it that the only consistent scoring duo on the team are the twins year in and year out?! If he didn't continuously juggle lines some other duos might develop some consistency like Kesler and Raymond or Kesler and Sammuelsson etc.

In this salary cap era you think Aquillinni would break the bank for a coach that would give his team a competitive edge, it's an opportunity to get a high level tactician/motivator and add to your team outside the salary cap. I know Mike Babcocks and Joel Quenvilles don't grow on trees, but fcuk me...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not saying the sky is falling... we're what 7 games in!? FFS...

I'm just saying that with the skill set the Nucks have, they should have been better over the last 3 years as far as playoff success etc...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not blaming the coach for anything other than my opinion that the Nucks could/should have done better over the last few years and I see the coaching as an area that is outside the salary cap, so why go for average when you could have excellent?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok tell me who they should break the bank on??? kind of reminds me of all the Canuck Fans saying they needed a guy like Iron Mike Keenan and we all know how that went over. please tell me what coach you would hire and spend a ton on.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dave Tippet would have been an excellent addition, however he turned the Yotes fortunes around last year,

I'm not 100% sure if he was still with the Stars the year the Nucks missed the playoffs, AV could have been gassed then and Tippett could have been hired then...

Just an example. ;)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
will all you canucker fcuker muckers just RELAX.

christ, we go through this every year.

Bronco there is a reason why they call them leaf blowers , if your looking for one just ask whislte blower

Last edited by a moderator:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to hit the filmstrip button above the text area and then put the link in there. Figured that out yesterday :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canuck's '09/'10

Ehrhoff was a +5 tonight, impressive.

Bieksa was a -1...

WTF does AV see in this guy? The goal Minny scored was 100% his doing... why did he have to take a run at the guy in the corner that was tied up with Kesler? Is there a slower guy in the NHL in bringing the puck up the ice? Let's skate 3 feet, spin back, stop, look around, skate 2 steps, spin back... oh yeah, we're on the PP, no need to rush or anything...

Fcuk he winds me up :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0