Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canuck's '10/'11

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to TSN website this morning and the first story I saw was about the BlueJays. I wonder if the Leafs won the Presidents trophy would there even be another story on their website. I know it's not the ultimate goal but it still is an accomplishment.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of the TSN site, someone posted this:

Stanley Cup Champions
1977 Montreal
1989 Calgary
2011 ?

What's the common theme that should see the Canucks hoist the Cup in 7/8 weeks?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DING DING

Both teams won the Cup the season after their cities hosted the Olympics.

What do I win?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A kick in the arse with a frozen boot.

This has been a special year... but it doesn't mean squat without Playoff success, which to me would only be defined as a finals appearance at minimum, cup for sure.

What's really cool about this year is the potential for an almost sweep in nominations at least, of the individual awards..

Hart: Almost 100% going to be D. Sedin
Art Ross: D. Sedin (pretty much locked up)
Selke: Kesler (Mortal lock)
Jack Adams: AV Should be nominated, likely won't win
Vezina: Lu will be nominated but Rinne or Thomas will win
Jennings: Right now Luongo/Schneider are winning this award (Schneids needs 2 more games, otherwise this trophy is luongos)
No Canucks:
Calder: Skinner, Couture, or...Grabner... oh, nevermind
Rocket Trophy: Perry/Stamkos (Sedin is 3rd currently)
Lindsey: Will go to Stamkos or St Louis likely...
+/-: Bieksa sits third
Norris: Will not be a Canuck

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's a question for the TTP masses.

When was the last LOLuongo outplayed an "inferior" goalie????? He was simply shocking tonight and THE reason they lost. I'm not sure I can handle another ten years of this guy.
Funny what hindsight can do. That game against Detroit was likely Luongo's last poor game. He has been lights out for more than 3 months since.

Although I don't think it's a lock that he's nominated for the Vezina (he certainly won't win it over Rinne or Thomas). It's hard to discount Henrik Lundqvist and his 11 shutouts.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a guy on the TEAM, some respected pundit, say that Shutouts had less and less to do with the writers etc thinking in vezina voting because of the style some teams play...

for what it's worth...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the GP seems to be a big thing when it comes to Vezina voting which is why I'd say Luongo and Thomas aren't going to win it. Even though Luongo's wins put him up there (on top actually) with guys that have played 10 more games than him. It sucks, but I'm sure Luo would be fine with a cup instead.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Torres get's 4 games for his hit on Eberle, what a joke. Cooke gets 4 for driving a guy through the boards, Heatley only gets 2 for a blatant intent to injure Steve Ott, and yet somehow this gets 2 regular season and 2 playoff games?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Zebra's treatment of the Canucks and this suspension just adds fuel to Tony Gallaghers weirdo creepy anti-Canucks Conspiracy Theories... almost 100% validates them. I turned the game off after the second period, and only rewatched the third on the PVR after I heard about Torres' hit... Kesler gets tackled at one end of the ice, no call 30 seconds later Burrows stick hits an Oiler's skate and he's off for Tripping, Raymond gets hit in the head with an elbow, no call....Torres hits a crouching Eberle and he gets suspended for 4 games...

This hit was not too different than the "Clean Hit" put on Naslund by Steve Moore that sparked off the whole Bertuzzi/Moore debacle...

Now it's a suspendable event, then it wasn't...

Fcuking Diabolical.

How many games did Chara get for his hit on Pacioretty? :confused:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Zebra's treatment of the Canucks and this suspension just adds fuel to Tony Gallaghers weirdo creepy anti-Canucks Conspiracy Theories... almost 100% validates them. I turned the game off after the second period, and only rewatched the third on the PVR after I heard about Torres' hit... Kesler gets tackled at one end of the ice, no call 30 seconds later Burrows stick hits an Oiler's skate and he's off for Tripping, Raymond gets hit in the head with an elbow, no call....Torres hits a crouching Eberle and he gets suspended for 4 games...

This hit was not too different than the "Clean Hit" put on Naslund by Steve Moore that sparked off the whole Bertuzzi/Moore debacle...

Now it's a suspendable event, then it wasn't...

Fcuking Diabolical.

How many games did Chara get for his hit on Pacioretty? :confused:
Wow...what a Homer response.

You can't compare the Steve Moore hit on Naslund with what Torres did last night for one reason. League awareness of a serious issue that simply wasn't present in the game back then. Just take a look at the poll ran on the Team yesterday as to whether or not fans in this market felt Torres should get suspended and the majority said 'yes.'

Was it a hockey play? Yes. Was there intent to injure? No way. Was Torres just trying to do his job? You bet.

Was it suspendible? Absolutely.

I happen to believe that 4 games is too many, however. I also feel that 2 is too light as there's no real punishment given that the next two games don't mean anything, so 3 would have been perfect.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...what a Homer response.

You can't compare the Steve Moore hit on Naslund with what Torres did last night for one reason. League awareness of a serious issue that simply wasn't present in the game back then. Just take a look at the poll ran on the Team yesterday as to whether or not fans in this market felt Torres should get suspended and the majority said 'yes.'

Was it a hockey play? Yes. Was there intent to injure? No way. Was Torres just trying to do his job? You bet.

Was it suspendible? Absolutely.

I happen to believe that 4 games is too many, however. I also feel that 2 is too light as there's no real punishment given that the next two games don't mean anything, so 3 would have been perfect.

What game were you watching......Did torres know what he was doing...you bet....was it a hockey play? u drunk? he stop skating to the puck which he would have gotten to first and came up with a full elbow to the head. He should have gotten at least 5 games

Let me guess you thought Cooke wasnt a dirty player when he was here to

Pull your head out of the clouds

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I was leading the charge to have Cooke shipped out of town. While he was here, he gradually became more and more of a dirty player and I was really getting tired of him hiding behind Brashear whenever he did something cheap. Fcuking coward.:mad:

You can put Ruutu in that boat as well. I cringed everytime he stepped over the boards.

French Fries, If you would read my post again, I did say that I felt Torres should be suspended for three games. What he did was stupid. But I don't believe it was malicious, even if you feel I'm drunk to think that way.:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Homer response, maybe...am I a fan? yes... and thus I have the royal blue and forest green tinted glasses on...

About the hit, I'm not saying that they did/didn't care about "headshots" all I'm saying is that was a clean hit then and it's not now...

I don't think Torres elbowed him, I think he did pop his wing a bit, but that's natural when you're hitting. Torres had already committed to the hit and finshed it, it's a lot different than Cooke's last transgression when he was going to miss the guy and swung his elbow out to "get a piece" and nearly took his heid off.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be fine with 4 if it was the last 2 games, and the first 2 of next season. Torres loses his paycheque for the next 2 games, but nothing for the playoffs, so you're punishing the Canucks and maybe making Torres feel bad.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0