Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Summer League

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chunder Look UP, UP Above!

Yes, of course we won. Look at the post before Dude's and you will see the result.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Play off Results

According to Sid, 96ers had to default as Ian Sneddon couldn't field a team with just him and a few others so Poco Rangers win that game.

Sap B beat Diggers and last night a short staffed Poco Stallions blew their game to Poco United 4 to 2. Stallions never once had 11 players as they started with 9 men but lost 3 to injuries in the first half before others arrived.

The only attack United managed in the first half was two breakaways caused by Stallions miscues and being short at the back with an injured keeper led to a 2 to 0 lead. Despite hitting the goal posts and just missing some rockets, the Stallions couldn't get back into the match as they got caught pushing up and two more led to their complete demise.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohemians 2, Surrey City 1

So close. Bohemians 2, Surrey City 1

We started this game with 10 men, after looking like we’d have to forfeit. After about 10 minutes the rest of the troupes arrived. The Bohemian’s scored first, right at about 15 minutes in, then the play was pretty even the rest of the half. Train missed on a breakaway, and we missed another sitter right before the whistle. It looked like he had one that squeaked a foot over the goal line, but then was cleared by the goalkeeper.

We started the second half quickly, and tried to apply pressure, but Bohemian’s scored again, against the flow of the play (a nice goal though). We finally got on the board halfway through on a goal by Shaun Roberts, after some great work in the midfield. We were the better team in the second half, put on a lot of pressure, but managed to miss a couple of sitters. A very entertaining game for the fans…too bad we couldn’t pull off the upset.

I’d like to thank the boys for such a great effort. That was my last game managing- I’m officially retired, and now can just enjoy being a player again. I just wish I had one more game to manage in the BSL- it was a fun league, good soccer, and we’ll be back next year!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude's Right

From the part of the second half I saw, Dude is right. Surrey carried a lot of the play and other than a corner kick or so and John Vairo's great attempt to chip the Surrey keeper, Bohemians were less of a threat than Surrey in the second half.

Dude, you should have had that team out all summer!!!!

Semi-finals:

Sapperton B vs. Poco United - Tues - 8:30 pm Burnaby Turf #1
Bohemians vs Poco Rangers - Wed. - 6:45 pm Burnaby Turf #1

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the team we've had out all summer- in parts. This is one of only a couple of times we could get them all together.

Hey- it's summer, and it was a blast! Good luck, see you next year.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
play-offs

rreeccooss sauve

poco northside - sapp-- tues

poco utd -- bohs---wed

good luck lads

sid

:D :D :D :D ;) :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :eek: :eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton B 5 - Poco United 1

In what has to be the WORST refereed game we have been involved in some years, Sapperton B defeated Poco United 5 to 1 with the Poco goal coming late in the game with a new keeper on tryout going into the game.

In a game of contrasts, all 5 Sap goals were brilliantly taken and 4 would be hard to judge for goals of the match. Defender Shawn Webb scored a super goal from 25 yards as he rocketed a ball through the crowded penalty area and by a dodging Trevor Todd who screened the keeper. Shane Mummery, one of two Sap A players on the park scored a 22 yarder half volley off a free kick from Kevin Todd that dropped in front of him as he headed toward the net. Chad August scored on a brilliant ball far post, top corner over the keeper in a crowed box from a wide angle inside the 18.

Chad McMillan drilled an 18 yarder into the net for Saps 4th goal which may not have been as pretty as the others but was well hit past a frozen keeper.

One player lost part of a tooth as he stumbled in putting the ball off the field in our end and the classless guy back heels a kick into his face with the referee right there. No call, but a suggestion by the referee that he should be careful! In future, the ref will watch this guy.

With the game totally out of reach and 2 minutes remaining and Sap B players being hacked and thrown down at times with NO calls consistently, our striker, Chris Todd is hacked down by some big dumb fcuk as he is headed towards the box. With no call and frustration setting in, the striker retaliates and trips this guy who is no heading downfield with the ball. The guy (who is a loon at the best of times) go nuts and starts punching the Sap guy and gets a red card. Our guy with no yellows in the game (or all season for that matter) and who doesn't retaliate also gets red.

As we went to the dressing room, a British FIFA coach on his way to coach in the USA, (and who watched the entire game) stopped me to congratulate the team on its win and told me he asked the referee why he sent off #11. After hearing it was tripping, he said: "Oh you get sent off in this country for tripping? In the all the rest of the world the player simply gets booked."

The moral of the story: when you're slow and fat, trip, tackle and clutch and hope for an idiot referee who thinks this is good soccer.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong Team!!!

Sapperton B crunched the Poco Northside Rangers 5 to 1 not Poco United. Fcuck those fat teams all look alike!!!!

With 8 teams making the playoffs the Rangers with 13 points and tied for 6th place in league play, advanced to the second round with a default over the 96ers.

Tonight Sid's Bohemians go up against Poco United who beat the talented but understrength Poco Stallions last week.

Game is 6:45 pm at Burnaby Lake #1.

Winners play Sapperton Rovers B next Wednesday, July 17th at Burnaby Lake at 6:45 pm.

As Dude once said. Yes, we do take summer seriously.

Rumours fly that the crafty Sid will be flying long time Bohemian, Kevin Hearne, into the city if he can get past the girth of Poco United tonight. The confident Sid has been scouting Sapperton games recently and has been suggesting a Sapperton vs Bohmenian final.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hearne

Kev will not be at the final of the summer league. He has his own soccer camp for kids that week and, as Reccos, Shane, Trevor, and myself all know, he will be in no shape to play after a day of looking after thirty 6 year olds.:)

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re..final

sid bohemiens are looking foward to a great final between the two best teams by the way rreeccooss were were u and ur sweetheart trevor todd at the game wednesday brian donalds is looking foward to having a bit of fun with his counter partner may the best team win

good luck

hearnsey is coming here tuesday prior to the final and for nations cup:D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

cheerio lads see you on wednesday bring some fcuking/freggin ice cold pints for the lads not kool-aid chow for now bitches:p :D :) :cool: :cool: ;) ;) :)

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck Sid!!!

Hey sid,
Good luck next Wed. Finish this so we can go fishing.

Is anybody else tired of listening to Reccos whine and cry when things don't go his way????

Blaaa blaaa blaaa WHINE blaa blaaa blaaa CRY blaa blaaa blaa!!!!

Someone on Sap go buy him a soother.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check the standings Argyle

Hey Argyle:

Check the standings and the few posts on TTP this summer concerning two of the referees. For your information, the team I coach is Sapperton B and we have gone UNDEFEATED which is a lot better than your lot can say about your place in the standings. The last time I checked everything was going my way.

Argyle: What did you guys have- 13 points in 10 games compared to Sapperton B's 30 points in 10. The only thing anyone is tired of is our winning record!!!

You must be tired of losing this summer.

:p :p ;)

PS: Why are you sucking up to Sid now? Trying to get on his side for the final next Wednesday!

Sid: Post your frigging score!!! Obviously you won or Argyle wouldn't be chirping up for you!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

What are you talking about?

Who am I suppose to play for?

somebody kicked me, WHINECRYWHINE

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle

What are you afraid to admit Sid's Bohemians butt-kicked you guys last night. Either you play for Poco United or Poco Northside Rangers who Sapperton B thrashed 5 to 1. Rangers only goal coming when we put our back up in. As a matter of fact, we beat both Poco teams twice each this summer!!!

Either team you play for, they both only got 13 points in 10 games. No wonder you don't say what team you play for.

The only other guy who'd complain about me is one of those two turkey referees, one of which Dude Where's My Car can't stand either.

Argyle, you not only need to work on getting on a better team, your grammar could use a similar upgrading. Maybe Sid could help you on both counts when you two boys go fishing together. Now isn't that sweet!:p :p :p

Who is whining. Undefeated!!! Don't you get it? Argyle, that is how you keep score in this game.
:p ;) :p

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Argyle

You are a v-e-r-y s-l-o-w reader!! How long is it going to take you to do up a reply???? I see you lurking away but nothing is coming!

What, are you on the phone to Sid getting grammar and spelling lessons????:p :p :p

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle STILL Replying!!!!

Argyle, hurry up. I have work to do. I can see you are replying but this is ridiculous. How long does it take to type out some meaningless piece of drivel like you do?

I hear you are virtually non-articulate on days ending in y.:p :p

Now this is a hoot. Argyle has taken my advice and now he and Sid are both looking at this thread!!!! Hey Sid. I am sure you can come up with something really great and coherent for Argyle to type in.

He must have got upset and phoned you after I suggested you might help him compose a reply.

Sid: How much did you hammer Argyle's Sid by or was he on the Poco Rangers who we thrashed 5 to 1?:p :p :p :p

PS: Say hi to Kevin Hearne for us when he gets to town.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravo

sorry reccos,

Didn't know you were that bored?
do you need me to get you a box of klennex?

I don't play for either of the the teams you have mentioned

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bohs semi results

rreeccooss we won 3-1 ,should have been easily,7-8

congrats on this years league,:D

should be interisting to see which team will show up to play,remember RED cards count !!;) ;) even in the bby league

argyle call daddy (whosyourdaddy):p :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: :cool: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What The Fcuk!!

Argyle:

After all that time and consultation with Sid is this the best you can do?

Hey, how about some punctuation and some better spelling!!! What is "klennex"?

You couldn't ab lib a fart after a baked bean dinner!!! A guy with a real open mind. I can feel the draft from here!!!

With respect to referees which I have complained about in two earlier posts, I am not alone. Dude-Where's-My-Car complained about precisely the same thing and guy. So did Screecher from the Poco Stallions. Both good teams that were better than yours!!!! Refereeing is something we can't control but we sure can control whether we put our team back into this league or not.

You'd obviously like it as you wouldn't get beat by us so much. Just get beat by all the other guys.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sid

Sid: We wanted to be there but knew your guys would cake walk Argyle and the boys and I couldn't watch two thrashings in two days. All the best but we wanna win!!!

This should be a great final next Wednesday night at Burnaby Lake Complex at 6:45 pm:) ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0