Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Burnaby Summer League

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle = Inarticulate = Poco Northside Goal keeper!!!

It seems that the very inarticulate Argyle is none other than a goal keeper for Poco Northside Rangers who got hammered 5 to 1 by Sapperton B in a playoff match the other night. The Rangers goals against were 3.1 per game in league!!! Sapperton B's Goals Against was 12. Yeah right Argyle I sure 'didn't get my way'.

Now does that explain why Arglye won't admit he's a player on this team. Not only is he inarticulate, he can't tell the truth.

Argyle you remind of that sour pussed guy I saw down at the Mohawk warehouse last month. BTW did I tell you that my buddy runs that company so be nice to me and I will make sure I tell him nice things about you. :p :p :p

Have fun on the golf course!! Oh sorry, you are hoping that Sid will take you fishing and tell you how a good team plays. :p

On a another note, contrary to what WhatAboutBob, head Sapperton guy said here earlier, Kevin Hearne will be arriving at Sid's house just in time to suit up for the first time this summer against his Sapperton B club mates in the playoff final. In a desperate fight to maintain his supremacy at Sapperton, Kevin Hearne has told Sid that "None of those B team guys will take my position next year!!"

Sap B stalwart, Chunder has asked Reccos to let him single handledly subdue the famous Sapperton tough guy, Hearnedog. Chunder has stated that if he can't stop him legally, "The Hearnedog will soon learn what 'chunder' means as nothing will stop this competitive lad (me) from his assignment."

Despite risking his good looks and a budding acting career, as of this moment Chunder looks to draw the assignment of bringing down Kevin Hearne. Either that or Chunder will fail to show, citing a last minute casting notice for a spot in "La Femme Nikita" or something like that.

Argyle, you sure went quiet all of a sudden. :p :( :eek: :p ;) :p ;)

Don't you think that you should win more than 4 games in a season before you chirp about a team that hasn't lost yet this season. And by the way, you only won your playoff game to get into the semi-final because the other team didn't show up. More reason to keep quiet.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Hearnedog will soon learn what 'chunder' means

He certainly will.

The Pokes dubbed Chad "Chunder" when he ran off the field in the middle of a game and vomitted into a garbage can.

The only way that Chunder would be able to put a dent in "The Criminal" would be if someone large picked him up and threw him at Hearne's legs. Kind of like a toy poodle getting stuck in your Factory Kuey's spokes.

Even then, he would probably just keep on running and just wipe bits of Chunder off his studs later.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap b leaving?

Please don't go! Then there would be no one to complain.

As for the the fact that Dude and Screecher have the same opinion about of the refs? Who dosen't. The ref's are terrible in this leaque. That is not a point to be debated. Is there really any point in whinning and crying about it. A point that is also not to be debated. is that your team was/is undefeated, congratulations.

For the last time, it is time to realize that this is the BMSL, not the World Cup.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Pokes dubbed Chad "Chunder" when he ran off the field in the middle of a game and vomitted into a garbage can.

Hillarious! I was wondering how this guy that was 5'2" & 134 lbs wet could earn the nickname "Chunder". Too funny!

So, Chunder is going to stop Animal by yacking on him? It could work...I know I'd get off the field and find the nearest shower!

Anyhow, the reffing problem can be easily fixed. There is only one that really needs to be replaced. At least Joe is consistently and equally bad for both teams when he refs!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle the Poco Northside Ranger GK

Argyle: Don't you get it?

You won 4 games and let in 31 goals in 10 games.

You won your playoff game by DEFAULT not playing.

Sapperton B put 5 goals past your lot in the semi-final.

You barely have a sufficient grasp of the English language to construct a sentence and you certainly can't even make one post without errors.

No one has ever said it was the World Cup. However, shouldn't you at least have some standards when you take the field? Obviously you and your lot don't, punching a player from behind two minutes from full time when you are being blown out 5 to 1.

I love the World Cup time as it gives losers like you the opportunity to attack anyone with a decent side and who can actually string a few wins together the chance to say 'this isn't the World Cup'. Maybe you can get together with other guys like you and come up with some better attacks than that.

The only thing you know about the international game is from having breakfast at the International House of Pancakes!

By the way, Mr. Inarticulate. No one said ALL the referees in this league are bad or that every game was badly officiated. What I did say is that Alex Bell isn't our favourite ref and the moron, some jerk named Roland who reffed the game we just hammered you guys in was bad and responsible for the game getting out of hand and my player getting a red card for one foul (a trip) at your 18 yard line.

Like I said before, if you won more than 4 games and a default game all season, go on here and chirp!!!

:p :p :p :p

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refs in this league

Dude:

For us, Joe is a good ref and is always fair and never one-sided. When he refs, I know reffing won't be a factor in how the game is played and he will ensure that the game is played without good players getting hacked down constantly.

Joe McIntyre puts a lot into this league and he has been great with us since we joined the league a few years ago. In fact, without him we wouldn't be with Sapperton and the team would have had to disband. Joe mentioned the idea of merging with Sapperton and brought Kevin Hearne and I together last summer and a week later the team voted to move to Sapperton.

Shaun Sneddon also does a fair and decent job and if he misses something it is an error. Usually a border-line offside is his worst error and really without linesmen, you can't expect more than that. I have even said that on TTP, that Shaun does a good job even when Ian is on the opposition. In fact, he gave Ian a yellow for diving in the box in one game against us this year.

What I objected to in my earlier posts was reffing that ignores blatant fouls and take downs that could lead to injury and certainly stifle the attack when good players go down via uncalled fouls just outside the 18 yard line. Argyle-Who-Denies-He's-The-Ranger-GK wants to say all the refs are bad but that is because his team is so out of shape they have to do the fouling and fighting!

In our semi-final vs Poco Northside Rangers, they were constantly tackling, tripping and throwing players to the ground and getting away with maybe two yellow cards. Anyone who knows Adamo Artuso knows this smaller player is not a chippy guy at all. Then why would one of Argyle's oversized goons back heel him in the mouth and break a tooth? Again, no call. Simply a suggestion to Adamo to stay away from the guy!!!! I, the ref, am watching. What a joke. Make the call.

After this Roland jerk reffing performance the other night, Alex Bell is great!! I will NEVER come on here and complain about him again. At least when he screws you, it is to affect the score but he doesn't issue unjustified red cards to do it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just TTP out of Joe (you know he reads). He was fine against us, twice. He did take a hell of a lot of abuse one game, but did keep it under control.

No worries w/ Joe.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Reccos, can you tell us about how you pounded Poco Northside Rangers the other night? And how the ref was bad? And how you got an unjustified red card? And how all Poco teams are fat? And how Argyle is a bad goalkeeper? And how your player lost a tooth?

I don't think I've heard you tell us about it enough times yet.

Get over it.

At this rate, when the final is being played next week you will still be furiously typing on your 'puter telling everyone how Argyle's kit smelled bad and that Roland is really his step-father.;)

Just an annoyed lurker telling it like it is.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Refs in this league

Originally posted by Reccos
Poco Northside Rangers, they were constantly tackling, tripping and throwing players to the ground and getting away with maybe two yellow cards. Argyle's oversized goons back heel him in the mouth and break a tooth?

Classic PoCo!:eek: :eek: :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankeewankee

Yes Yankeewankee, I posted about 4 times which is equal to the number of wins your Poco United and Rangers teams achieved all season. :D :D Between the two of you with 8 wins, we still were better than you two teams together so I really wonder why you and Argyle are chirping on here so much.

You are right on one thing though. We are in the final and your lot are wannabees!!!:D :p :D :p

Between you and Argyle, I guess you had a lot of practice counting losses and goals flying in the back of the net.

As Skytrain put it so aptly: "classic Poco".

No wonder all the good young Poco players formed their own team (Stallions) rather than play with the your kind of hacker and whacker.:mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh?

Look, I'll put this in a post that even you can understand Reccos.

I am an American who spends time Monday to Friday on contract in Langley. I spend weekends at my home in Seattle. I happen to have a friend who plays in the FVSL who told me about TTP.

I do not play soccer any more and have never played a game in Canada. I am 38 years old and was coaching a division 1 team in Bellevue, WA. before signing the aforementioned contract.

The only time I post is when morons like you need to shut the fcuk up. I don't care about your game. I don't care about your team. Unless I missed my mark, I'll bet very few people on here (outside of the Mighty Sapperton) give a shite about you either. To post and take the piss is fine. To continue posting about the same stupid thing repeatedly is moronic, lacks creativity and demonstrates a total lack of intelligence.

So on behalf of all the TTPers out there, get over it.

Just so everyone knows, Reccos will call me names now.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankee

Yankee:

Do you actually think before you post? I assume not as it would be difficult for you to think and type simultaneously. If you don't like what I post, simply don't read it. Canada is a free country and we have free speech irrespective of the views of some itinerant American contractor who has no experience in local soccer.

By the way, who the fcuk put you in charge of judging posts on here? Are you a moderator or something? Do you actually watch these games or play here?

Who gives a fat fcuk that you are an American? That's your problem not ours. That you work on a contract in Langley? Who you coach and where and when or how old you for that matter?
That you nave NEVER played a game in Canada- that really qualifies you for posting on this thread!!!!

For your information this thread is the Burnaby Summer Soccer League where posts are supposed to be about the games, etc. It also helps if you have some knowledge of the people and teams and that you might even have seen or played in a game.

Your sanctimonious, pontificating blather really has an impact on me. I am so humbled by this wonderful American and his coaching and contracting credentials!!

Now to return to the topic of the thread (or Yankee do I have to get over it?).

League final: Wednesday, 6:45 pm Burnaby Lake turf #1

Issue: Will Kevin Hearne be here in time for the big game versus his club mates from the second team? The cagey Sid is playing this one close to his vest after earlier rumours circulated that the Hearnedog was coming in for the big match.

Rumour has it that the crafty Sid has already loaded the barby and extra beer into the truck for his victory celebrations.

Due to Yankee telling the Sap coach to shut up, Sid will be left to post the score and tell the story. Hey, Yankee - why don't you come and see Sapperton get trounced Wednesday???

Going to be a good game as most Sapperton B and Bohemian games are. Sap B always manages to stay in the game vs the older, bigger, stronger, more skilled and experienced Bohemians.

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
30.5hr to KO...

Well Reccos my friend, you've done a fine job building up this battle. Should be a dandy tmrw night. This 5'2 134 wet (ahem) machine is slicked tricked and ready to roll. Sap B has a tight squad that been firing on all cylynders from the get go last fall. The result tmrw night will be hard earned, but let there be no doubt. We have a $hit load of firepower. Bring the A game gentlemen because (save a big job offer from preparation H) the Chunder will be on the pitch to wage the fight against the mighty Hearnsy. :cool:

On a side note. That ref was shite the other night. He wasn't an outright shocker in my opinion but made some horrific calls. Yes, Artuso booted in head, chipped tooth. Yes, crazy ape punching (was it two or three) sap players?! Double red - not a chance. Chris was mugged in no uncertain terms. A card on the play no doubt, but one guy snapped and started in with the haymakers.
Fcukin gong show really.

Chunder.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chunder,

What are the Taleban paying you for this suicide mission against The Criminal?

72 virgins?

It's not worth it wee man.

ps, thanks for returning my PM.

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee assignment for BSSL Final

Referee assignment for the Burnaby SSL Cup Final:

Referee : Joe McIntyre

Asst Referee 1 : Alex Bell

Asst Referee 2 : Sean Sneddon

Good Luck to both teams

Regards,

Oor Wullie

chunder

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well...

I think we agreed on a pet donkey. They just wouldn't part with their opium crops. :rolleyes: Go figure.

So what of the mighty Pokes this summer?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff Final

Bohemians beat Sapperton B 4 to 3 in the first OT.

The new guys on Bohemians tonight played really well for them and Sapperton . ... well, some things are best not said.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
new guns

not today sunshine
black wednesday,season split,4-3 & were having fun,bob said 4 years ago to my father"sapperton cant play a fcuking 3-5-2,well my little half pint

HE WAS FCUKING RIGHT

It takes 2 -2 tango , the better team won ,fair is fair ,

coaching tip # 1

ever heard of a fcuking 3-3-4????

tonight ya did;)

anyways great match!!

great fun summer league,great officials,great buuuuuuzzzzzzzzzz

retired

sid

in a while pedefile:D :D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

queen queen queen
GUES S WHAT SONG IM LISTENING TO

M.F.F.C

:cool: :cool:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Match, lots of Tackles

Playing summer league on that Turf is brutal. Going to be some hurting boys this morning.
Joe left the wistle in his pocket, let the boys play, making for an entertaining final. Back and forth, with some great goals.

Cheers to Jinky and Bohemins for the pints, good start for the Nations Cup Week.

HOS

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0