Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brent Sopel Watch

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you've had it with all the Sopel bashing, join the club. There has to be other TTPers who feel Sopel is an asset to the Nucks. He plays all the crucial penalty killing and power play minutes, he is leading the Nucks D in points, and +/- and he is slowly coming into his own. I am sick and tired of hearing all the Sopel bashers on the radio, TTP and TV. Its about time that Sopel fans start speaking up!

Sopel Fan:knvb:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeez Sarge. Kind of lonely on this thread isn't it.

Where are the big Sopel supporters? Maybe it is his ridiculous hair that drives the fans to hate him.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From last night's game:

PP Minutes: 3:56
Sh Minutes: 0:00

And is tied with Ohlund for +/- lead. Maybe if he learned how to cut his hair during the season, he did have his locks shorn during the summer, we would be able to take him seriously. Also, if there were a stupid pass which leads to an opponents goal category he would also be leading or near the team lead in that.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its just a matter of time before more fans speak up, just like yourself.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
From last night's game:

PP Minutes: 3:56
Sh Minutes: 0:00

And is tied with Ohlund for +/- lead. Maybe if he learned how to cut his hair during the season, he did have his locks shorn during the summer, we would be able to take him seriously. Also, if there were a stupid pass which leads to an opponents goal category he would also be leading or near the team lead in that.

Stupid pass .......... you must be mistaken with JOVO or Malik.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to agree with Sarge. Sopel is turning into a fine D-Man. With his blistering slap shot and vision of the ice improving every game, he may just be the top D- Man after Ohlund and Jovo (on occaision). Let's see who is slamming him when he hoists the cup this year. Finally, another true fan of Sopel.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tee said:
I'll have to agree with Sarge. Sopel is turning into a fine D-Man. With his blistering slap shot and vision of the ice improving every game, he may just be the top D- Man after Ohlund and Jovo (on occaision). Let's see who is slamming him when he hoists the cup this year. Finally, another true fan of Sopel.

Tee,

Welcome to the Sopel Fan Club! Who could argue with a long time season ticket holder. Lets see ......... we have a great slap shot, improving vision of the ice, tied in the lead for +/- on the team, leading the D men in points, and getting plenty of PP and SH minutes.

Regs, where are your thoughts? You've been waiting for this opportunity ........ I know you have!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to agree with Sarge.
There's a fcuking surprise :rolleyes:

Here's a drinking game for you the next time the Nucks are on the tube: Take a swill everytime Sopel falls on his ass - you'll be hammered by the first TV timeout, guarranteed :D

Jackasses.

~Regs.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the only thing good about sopel is the laughter I burst into as a result of listening to any one of his interviews..

you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know, you know

....it just goes on and on...count the i know's next time and you'll see

anyone agree?

amused,

the manager

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The man has hair only Captain Shamrock could love. I think the hair brings out a lot of hatred for him. His mistakes always seem to cost them. I don't think the Canucks should trade him or anything. He's a pretty good #3,4 or 5th d-men.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarge said:
Welcome to the Sopel Fan Club! Who could argue with a long time season ticket holder.

Sign me up Sarge, I am a HUGE Sopel fan, with long hair or not. People in Vancouver have allways been hard on D-men, kind of like the Keeper Curse that this City has. Look at all the good keepers that have come and gone from Vancouver, because the fans and media is so hard on them, that they loss all confidence. You can say the same for D-men, look at Aucoin (sp) on Long Island, best plus/minus in the league, but he was driven out of Vancouver by the fans. There are many cases, like my man Jerki Lumme, with the Coyotes, he was solid, but never given any credit by the media or fans. Love that Jerki guy, hey Regs.

hos

Great thread Sarge ;)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopel may say "you know" too many times but nothing pisses me off more than these guys being interviewed while riding the bike and gasping for breath. You know what I 'm saying?

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopels been the man this year. I would say right now he's our most well rounded blue-liner. He's taken the title from Jovo for now. For god sakes Jovo stop turning the puck over!!

NO2

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the second period, count how many times Sopel actually hits the net with one of his shots. If you weren't shitfaced after the first, surely you'll be puking after the second.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times have we seen that played out?!!?!

1 minute to go in the first period, Nucks on the PP and numbnuts attempts a "pussy" pinch, lets the puck get chipped by and the opposing team is off on a break-away?

:rolleyes:

Put the fcuker in the TTP closet!!!!

~Regs.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs...........relax. One bad pinch ........ big deal. Haven't seen much of the first and second tonight, but will be sure to watch closely in the 3rd. Prediction: Sopel clinches it with a blast from the point.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Tee,

How long are you going to "watch" brent sopel tonight? You can't post now can you? You've finally realized after tonight's performance that he's shite!!!

~Regs.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Regs, deep down you are a fan of Sopel. He does have a bad lid and an unorthadox style, but he is solid night in and night out. Also, he may just be on the ballot for the Unsung Hero Award. Don't get to down on him, he is not another Ron Sedelbaur or Dana Murzyn for everyone to shite on, he is the second coming of Nick Lidstrom. Just wait and see.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0