Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brent Sopel Watch

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose you could call falling down on your ass and coughing up the puck in front of your own net numberous times a game unorthodox. Of course, you could then call Eddie the Eagle's ski jumping technique unorthodox as well. I'd just call it shite.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thing. Can't that guy sit on the bench without playing with his fukcing mouthguard. He's always chewing on it like a fukcing five year old. Also, watch his eyes when he is giving an interview, besides "you know" after every sentence he can't keep his eyes on the interviewer, it's like he's on speed.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know many 5 year olds who chew on mouth guards? I hear it's what all the cool kids in kindergarten are doing . Paste was soooo 10 years ago. Solid grounds to have him run out of town OD, I'm sure Burke is fcuk off with all that chewing and twitching too.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
he can't keep his eyes on the interviewer, it's like he's on speed.

you know....most players in the NHL, you know, are, you know, on speed, or some, you know, other type of stimulants, like, you know, ephadrine and sudafed, you know....and you know, i can think of some others, you know too....like you know, but, i'm so wired right now...you know...i really can't think of anything, except, you know

brent

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
speaking of interviews................this morning on 1040am who else was on. The Man, Sopel. He was articulate, poised and sounded full of confidance. How else did the interview end...........with the statement "Sopels play over the last couple of months has been outstanding!" Who gives a shite about his hair, how he speaks and whether he chews his mouthguard. The bottom line is that he has been playing solid, logging tons of minutes and producing.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How else would you expect them to end the invterview? With, "Sopel's play has been only marginally better than his usual shambolic display of ineptitude but we had no one else to talk to today so we had Brent come by"?

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you know sarge, i'll give you that. his play has improved. my estimation is that he is the butt of jokes and criticizm because when his play was not up to snuff he was getting ice time that should have gone somewhere else. nonetheless, it is a reflection of managements faith in and comittment to their players, and, in the overall scheme of things, standing behind their players for the long haul is foundational to instilling the confidence necessary for player development....its a question of patience and management appears to have more than the fans.

i hope he grows into his potential...in the mean time, if his play keeps up, the slaggers will drop of the radar and supporters will emerge

manager

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager, you gonna be around? I'm going to drop off that radar at your place tonight. Where do you figure the supporters will be emerging from, I would like to get a picture of the dumb bastard.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
by no means am i drawing a comparrison exactly, dap, however, i remember the days Naslund looked shakey to say the least....fans emerged in that instance.

food for thought,

sopel still sucks, but all i'm saying is that if he drastically improves, he will be more appreciated than now.

you can drop the radar off after five

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Brent Sopel's Watch....

the manager said:
food for thought,

....if he drastically improves, he will be more appreciated than now.

That's brilliant. Are you the one Vinny managed to corral into his nightly course in piss-taking?

I appreciated Naslund, right from the off. What was the alternative? They traded Alex Stojanov for him. Heard from him on your radar lately?

Comparing Naslund to Sopel is like comparing Robin Bawa to Tony Tanti.

There's still only one Brian Glynn though.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fasty,

you're missing the boat like you missed the 9th word in my post...

lets break this down into digestable chunks, shall we?

*Naslund arrives in Vancouver and shows marginal ability = not very many fans

*Naslund develops into a great player = very many fans

the comparison is general...I'm sure if Sopel scored a game winner in the finals, everybody would grow their hair to his length and be his biggest fan, you know.

this is exactly my point

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
fasty,

you're missing the boat like you missed the 8th word in my post...

It's most likely because Regs won't fix the cnuting TTP clock. I've been missing more than boats. I haven't been to work in weeks as a result.

The 8th word in your post is comparison. I didn't miss it.

I see everything.

I just wanted you to compare Robin Bawa to Tony Tanti.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure there is only one Robin Bawa, too.

Fcuking hell...flash from the past. Jose Charboneau, anyone? He lit it up with the Voodoo.

They should trade the druggie (Sopel) now, while he's hot and has trade value. They may be able to get more than breast pump for Brian's hot wife Jennifer Mather, who's not looking so hot right now, being pregnant and as big as a house. Damn...I hope she doesn't develop goat tits and loose that firm booty of hers.

I digress. Trade the cnut. Trade him. Trade.

What do you mean I can't maintain eye contact?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell...flash from the past. Jose Charboneau, anyone? He lit it up with the Voodoo.
He did more than light it up with the Voodoo... when his wife wasn't watching, that is :D My ex-bird's best friend can attest to that...

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see that. Jose is a good looking man...almost as good looking as Ballbaby.

I'm not gay.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager is a definate Sopel fan............it seems as though he is trying to break the news slowly.......comparing Naslund and Sopel..........need I say more.

How would Regs look with a Sopel lid?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: for Fasty's benefit

Charbonneau must be a poof... (He was good on roller-skates and Regs ex-bird only chummed around with lads) :eek:

BTW, Sopel is growing on me... Not like the length of his hair, but he is learning a lot from Ohlund and has had the benefit of Crow's patience... The word on the street is his wife's hott, so that must count for something???

Regards, Guinness

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0