Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Birarda done as Womens Whitecaps/ CSA Womens U-20 Gaffer

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
So for the official record WFC have mismanaged two coaches accused of sexual harassment, and a player sexually assaulted by his team mates

I’d say it was a clusterfcuk of epic proportions….. and deserves severe consequences

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#sellthecaps

MLS should force them to sell. Most severe punishment I can think of, the Aquilini's would buy them as way lower than market value, and in doing so ax all management save maybe Axel.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding DL's line of a friendly reminder to refrain from public disclosure, that's pretty standard for any business.

I hate when media gets involved way after the fact and then sensationalize for own benefit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding DL's line of a friendly reminder to refrain from public disclosure, that's pretty standard for any business.

I hate when media gets involved way after the fact and then sensationalize for own benefit.
Yes and no.

If this were any business, you may have one allegation against one employee, and that business is Widget Inc. that nobody knows or cares a thing about.

A professional sports team is in the public eye, firstly, and secondly, the players aren't employees in the same traditional sense. They have a media platform unlike employee of Widget Inc.

It is easy to have 20/20 vision, though, but there is a line of argument, totally valid, that says, you do handle it "quietly", but properly. Victims / complainants are entitled to their privacy, and want their privacy, but they also should be entitled to fair treatment.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is that the letter as written is standard fair, informing players of staffing changes. It isn't asking them to be hush hush because of any allegations.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is that the letter as written is standard fair, informing players of staffing changes. It isn't asking them to be hush hush because of any allegations.
Depends how they handled other emails about other dismissals. Did they all include the "friendly reminder" or just Busby's? Wonder what they said to the players when Birarda left...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is something happening down at WFC head office with heads about to roll.

Expect announcement after week news cycle over :)

No idea if friendly reminder being sent to all remaining staff. I know that is important to some of you but it is what it is.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2x Lenarduzzi, Lewis, and Anderson all put on administrative Leave.

MLS will conduct an investigation with independent counsel

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fascinating to go back and read this thread from the beginning.

Back then there was some chatter and Coastal FC hiring BB AKA Coach Billy.

What's the story between Busby and Surrey FC? As I recall, he was involved with them at some point following his stint with the Whitecaps?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fascinating to go back and read this thread from the beginning.

Back then there was some chatter and Coastal FC hiring BB AKA Coach Billy.

What's the story between Busby and Surrey FC? As I recall, he was involved with them at some point following his stint with the Whitecaps?

I'm not sure whether Busby was at Surrey FC, but for sure he went through some local clubs after losing the Caps job.

The big difference between Birarda at Coastal and wherever Busby went is that Birarda was still actively coaching at Coastal when the allegations against him surfaced.

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Busby headed for greener pastures south of the border…& like Birarda they wished him luck in his new endeavours

This is gonna be a TSN turning point for the game….. I feel ethical governance might actually be a thing for awhile … let’s hope it trickles down to the local youth clubs and their shady af Boards….. ya you Richmond FC!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You aren’t wrong, what I’m saying is that because of their public position, they can’t behave like other organizations that have the benefit of operating in the shadows.

Hey, when did the Caps pull the plug on the Women’s Team? 2011/2012 ish? I wonder how much these and BB allegations had in factoring into that decision?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0