Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BMCR-Bonefish's Master's Combined Rankings

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
My strengths are in delegating Bonefish. :D
Thanks for that...I didn't want to be the one to say it... :knvb:

So in modifing the the League index to VMSL-1.3, FVSL-1.15, VISL-1.0, NSCL-1.0
Here are the updated standings. Perhaps there will be some meaningful friendlies in the next couple of weeks as teams look to keep sharp between cup games(Conductor was looking for some VMSL action earlier in the season...Conductor?)
Code:
TWk	DivRank	League	Team		PwIndexAvg
1	1	FVSL	Poco Cast. FC	177.7
2	1	VISL	UVic Alumni MA	161.9
3	1	VMSL	Columbus FC	157.3
4	2	VISL	Gorge FC MA	155.6
5	2	VMSL	West Van FC	132.0
6	3	VMSL	Sapp Rovers	131.3
7	2	FVSL	White Rock Utd	129.4
8	4	VMSL	Westside FC 'A'	119.0
9	3	FVSL	P.Arch Dragons	109.8
10	2	NSCL	NAFC		109.1
11	3	NSCL	Roma		83.2
12	3	VISL	Nanaimo United	80.6
13	4	VISL	Vic West MA	80.6
14	1	NSCL	Norvan		79.5
15	4	FVSL	South Delta FC	77.6
16	5	VISL	Vantreights MA	70.0
17	6	VMSL	Surrey United	68.9
18	4	NSCL	Nordic		63.6
19	5	FVSL	Delta Utd	55.8
20	5	NSCL	Coveside	54.5
21	5	VMSL	PCOV 'A'	50.7
22	6	FVSL	N.D. SC U Alum	47.7
23	6	NSCL	Howe Sound	36.8
24	7	FVSL	Peace Arch Utd	24.7
25	7	NSCL	Vikings		22.3
26	7	VMSL	Wickham FC	22.1
27	8	NSCL	LV Azteca	18.2
28	8	VMSL	Richmond FC Oly	-4.6
29	9	NSCL	Seymour		-10.9
30	6	VISL	S.Spring FC Al	-18.1
31	10	NSCL	Warriors	-22.3
32	8	VISL	Castaways Jrs 	-39.4
33	7	VISL	Gordon Head MA	-40.0
34	10	FVSL	CWack Miss Utd	-43.7
35	9	VMSL	KLM Alemania FC	-54.6
36	11	NSCL	Guardians	-75.5
37	8	FVSL	Abby B-Men FC	-77.1
38	10	VMSL	Romanian FC	-87.1
39	9	FVSL	Aldergrove Utd	-100.1

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
These rankings are way, way off. Top 10 are way off base and this thread is a waste of time. I didn't look at anyting below the top 10 and whatever you do please do not bring Div. 1 teams into it from any division especially the FVSL. They just don't deserve to be there except for maybe Poco Dominion.

Sir M - get back to work and publish some real, respectable rankings.

JTL

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL...The BMCR Rankings and last years Provincial Cup Entrants...Exceptions noted in Parenthesis.
FVSL and VISL both take 1 provincial berth away from the VMSL if the rankings were used for that determination. With one of those(Surrey) just bareley out of the mix.

Is this, as you say, way off?

1. PoCo
2. UVIC
3. Columbus
4. Gorge FC
5. West Van
6. Sapperton
7. White Rock****************(Surrey) Currently 17th in the BMCR
8. Westside
9. Peach Arch
10. NAFC (Coveside)
11. Roma
12. Nanaimo United (Cordova Bay)
13. Vic West MA **************(Richmond) Currently 28th in the BMCR
14. Norvan (Nordic)
15. South Delta (Delta)
16. Vantreights

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that the NSCL is way too heavily weighted, and the VISL has to start weighing in (as soon as they get the internet on Vancouver Island) as to who is who and how strong everyone is over there etc. At that point, the real rankings will be posted, as soon as Sir M gets back into Canada. In the mean time, a few thoughts:

All VISL teams are a bit too high.

There should be no more than two, and three at the most NSCL teams in the rankings, and they are way, way too high.

Westside should be higher.

Surrey United should be WAY higher Like about 7 or 8 spots.

Alemania and-or Romania deserve mention.

Sir M will get back to the rankings after I get back from Las Vegas. I should say if I get back from Vegas, as Eagles has just arrived.

Thanks for the wake up call...

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, you just posted your results a few days ago and already have had over 700 views. Remember there will always be critics, in saying that though you have obviously got people checking it out. You have even changed your format once due to the people moaning on here. Sir M has had the Power rankings for a few years now and I know lots of people enjoy to check them out. You have brought another resource for people to check out which is a good thing. Especially since Sir M has gone AWOL on his rankings, I truly believe you might have something here.;)

JTL do us a favour and go:rolleyes: back to your FVSL masters thread, so that you can keep seeing all the posts about yourself and your team!!! Or come up with your own kind of version and then you could even include your 1st div Poco Dominion!!:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,

Most people are still trying to figure out if JTL has a sense of humor. I think this was his crack at it, while trying to draw more attention to himself at the top of the table. That, and his dad hasn't discovered this thread yet.

He's also afraid you'll bring Div. 1 teams into the mix, where he'll see at least one FVSL team ranked higher than his beloved Poco Dominion.

****ing hell Jack, I'm really, really going to miss kicking you next week. Damn sales meetings at Whistler.

SIAMO AZZURRI

Oct 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish, you just posted your results a few days ago and already have had over 700 views. Remember there will always be critics, in saying that though you have obviously got people checking it out. You have even changed your format once due to the people moaning on here. Sir M has had the Power rankings for a few years now and I know lots of people enjoy to check them out. You have brought another resource for people to check out which is a good thing. Especially since Sir M has gone AWOL on his rankings, I truly believe you might have something here.;)

JTL do us a favour and go:rolleyes: back to your FVSL masters thread, so that you can keep seeing all the posts about yourself and your team!!! Or come up with your own kind of version and then you could even include your 1st div Poco Dominion!!:confused:

Conductor,

What's the reason Roma is ranked so much higher than PCOV in this ranking is it based on all scrimmages at practice as well, if so it makes sense why Roma is ahead of PCOV :p:knvb::bronco:. I think it maybe time for Fanta to come up with his own rankings. I must say I do prefer these rankings over Sir M's.;)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

What's the reason Roma is ranked so much higher than PCOV in this ranking is it based on all scrimmages at practice as well, if so it makes sense why Roma is ahead of PCOV :p:knvb::bronco:. I think it maybe time for Fanta to come up with his own rankings. I must say I do prefer these rankings over Sir M's.;)

PCOV played ROMA in a scrimmage last year to prepare them for the BC's as we were out. Roma played with there under 35 year old players as well... PCOV thumped ROMA 5-1 !

I would have to say that ROMA and NAFC are clearly 2 very good teams in the North Shore Soccer League.

I think the only 2 teams that they would be able to compete with in the MASTERS VMSL would be our 2 bottom teams. KLM and Romania... IMO !!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

What's the reason Roma is ranked so much higher than PCOV in this ranking is it based on all scrimmages at practice as well,
;)

I would totally agree with you Siamo Azzurri, Roma is always the better team the first 10 minutes of the scrimmages. The only problem is the scrimmages usually last 45 minutes, needless i say anymore :)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous said:
I would have to say that ROMA and NAFC are clearly 2 very good teams in the North Shore Soccer League.
They are good teams and they both have new pickups(from the VMSL I believe) that have improved the quality and competiveness of the league.

Dude said:
Most people are still trying to figure out if JTL has a sense of humor. I think this was his crack at it...
Doh!
Code:
[B]TTP PointsTable[/B]

Jack the Lad - 1
Bonefish     - 0

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous, not sure what the point is here, but like you said you guys didn't make the BC's last year. Glad to see that PCOV will be back in them this year and hopefully you guys learn something from not partaking in them last year!!

PCOV played ROMA in a scrimmage last year to prepare them for the BC's as we were out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think that PCOV would have been in the BCs last year if they were in the NSCL? Do you think that the 1.3 VMSL vs 1.0 NSCL ratio is accurate?

Just saying, as I believe the last time PCOV lost to an NSCL team was in the BCs 6 or so years ago at Kensington. And that was a very competitive game and the NS team had won a lot of trophies in the NSCL during that time period if I recall.

I am not saying that I am personally a huge PCOV fan, but I think we should all operate within the realm of reality.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SEP 24/25/26

PCOV ‘A’
0-3
KLM Alemania FC

JANUARY 30
KLM Alemania FC
2-2

PCOV ‘A’

Sir M, the answer to your question, IMO is no

Do you think that the 1.3 VMSL vs 1.0 NSCL ratio is accurate?

But Bonefish has started something and I am sure he would be the first to say that it is not perfect. Give him credit for trying something new and at the same time adding all 4 leagues in his crazy math equation. Just like yourself Sir M with your top twenty, I don't agree with it all the time but it's your thread and for the most part I tend to think it is pretty good with your top 5-8 rankings. After that you seem to put to much credit into some lower level FVSL teams. Just like BF's system I would say his top 5-8 are pretty accurate. Do I think there are some teams in his rankings out of whack sure just like your poll. But while you are on hiatus at least Bonefish is trying to spark some interest!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually really like this thread, just trying to provide some input after being in both the Leagues for some time and having had our side play against teams from various leagues not in friendlies, but in BC Province Cup play, selects play etc.

Unless something has changed other than Bonefish (who I have lots of time for), originating these rankings from being a NSCL players perspective, I believe that there is an inherent flaw in this system:

That is the weightings as to the strength of each league.

I think the weighting, more accurately, should look something like this:

VMSL: 2.5:1

FVSL: 1.9:1

VISL: 1.7: 1

NSCL: 1.0:1

This is based on all sorts of results over the years, and I can tell you I would personally like to see the NSCL ranked higher. The FVSL for sure has good teams, and I think Poco should be #1, and I know there are one or two NSCL teams that may be top 15 (not enough info from VISL, sorry) but in VMSL Masters Prem, any team can beat any team any day, and this has regularly happened, hence the strength...for example teams like Romanian or KLM could very will beat top NSCL teams, I don't think they could do so in a game that mattered against top FVSL teams though.

This is a really good thread though, thanks Bonefish!

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M seeing as your in Vegas I would like to put $20 on PCOV winning the BC's as I'm sure the odds would pay out pretty good if that happens!:D Also tell Eagles I would have liked to have put $20 on the Flying Horseman too, but unfortunately they won't be able to partake in the BC's. They could have been a good darkhouse though if they had joined the NSCL to get into the BC's!!;)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think that PCOV would have been in the BCs last year if they were in the NSCL? Do you think that the 1.3 VMSL vs 1.0 NSCL ratio is accurate?

Just saying, as I believe the last time PCOV lost to an NSCL team was in the BCs 6 or so years ago at Kensington. And that was a very competitive game and the NS team had won a lot of trophies in the NSCL during that time period if I recall.

I am not saying that I am personally a huge PCOV fan, but I think we should all operate within the realm of reality.

Sir M

I think that if anyone of the TOP 8 teams in the VMSL MAsters played in the NSCL they would go undefeated. I also think that the 9th and 10th place teams in the VMSL Masters would easily make the provincials if they played in the NSCL.

That being said i still think ROMA and NAFC will cause trouble in the Provincials if they are taken lightly :D

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the weightings as to the strength of each league.

I think the weighting, more accurately, should look something like this:

VMSL: 2.5:1

FVSL: 1.9:1

VISL: 1.7: 1

NSCL: 1.0:1

Sir M

Sir M, i hate to admit it, but i think this time you might be BANG ON. The only thing that i would of done differently was maybe giving the NSCL .5:1 :bronco:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0