Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BMCR-Bonefish's Master's Combined Rankings

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was messing around with 'de numba's and I have arrived at the following formula as a draft for calculating a combined power ranking across the VMSL, FVSL, NSCL and VISL.

League Index(Higher is better): VMSL-1.3, FVSL-1.15, NSCL 1.05, VISL 1.0

PowerRank=SUM(GoalDifferential,Points,RankDiv(15-league position),RankWins(Wins*2), RankGoalsFor(GoalsFor/2), RankGoalsAgainst(10-GoalsAgainst))

PowerRank Indexed= PowerRank* LeaugeIndex [This is to feed the VMSL superiorty complex, warranted or not :D ]

PowerRank Index Avg = (PowerRankIndex/GamesPlayed)*10 [This is done to factor in disparity in games played)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are the numbers...Feedback is welcome...

Attachments

• BMCR-Feb-07.jpg
    BMCR-Feb-07.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 209

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Error in my copy and paste...I will add those later. I think it is Poco Castillans at the top..Followed by Columbus and then Uvic Alumni

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is this?
The WHA of Masters rankings?

Quite the breakaway, upstart statement Bonesfish towards Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings I must say.

Will MBE consider this and merge?

Time will tell...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the untruncated list....

Attachments

• BMCR-Bonefish's Master's Combined Rankings-Feb07.jpg
    BMCR-Bonefish's Master's Combined Rankings-Feb07.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 161

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF, its another sad example of science and technology taking over art. Kind of like cutting down trees to build hi-rises.

I think...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think there is room for both worlds to co-exist. Kind of like an Andy Warhol / Bill Gates demonic offspring.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say that there is room for both. Over the years, the SMEPR has provided very good entertainment and spawned some great discourse. It is just this last season that it has fallen off from both a content and consistency perspective(I blame the LowerMainland criminal element...). I am hoping that SirM can use the numbo-jumbo from the BMCR to help bolster his rankings

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame the fact that Sir M has added The Watchman onto his staff. The Watchman never leaves his Island hovel to give him proper reports. All Sir M sees is this:

"In the Valley tonight, the Castilians played like absolute magicians against some other team - not sure who. They got to ball to my lad...er...to JTL who was brilliant throughout. Have you heard they plan to name a trophy after him? Well they should anyway.

Oh...and the rest of the league is rubbish."

:rolleyes:;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough about all of this, I believe that Bone's rankings have some relevance. Having said that, why is NSCL weighted as stronger than VISL? That is definitely a stretch...

Watchman has proven to be a loyal and unbiased staff member by the way. :D

Sir M

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering the same. And while we're at it, how about getting the "chanpionship" divisions in there? I.e.: Div 1 FVSL, Div. 1 VMSL (and VISL Div. 2, if there is one)? Even w/ a lower weight?

VISL & FVSL should be ranked equally at 1.15, the NSCL behind them at 1.05, and the "Championship divisions" at, say, 1.0, or even 0.95.

Let's go Bonefish, only a little extra work there. :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had originally asked the comparison question on Sir M's Thread a while back but only Regs chimed in... As I stated at the top this was a draft with comments welcome. However, introducing lower(other divisions) where there is no previous or upcoming cross play to validate the numbers will be a stretch for my faculties. Being the dude you are Dude, with your substantial brain and analytical prowess, I am sure the creation of such a forumla is not out of your reach. :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I certainly look forward to the new ranking system. I got tired sucking up to SirM over the last 5 years.
And now with the hostilities brewing over Sapp's harpooning of the Blue Whales last Friday, it certainly wasn't going to help our position with SirM's rankings - just look at PCOV.

Hopefully there is a hybrid approach to this stuff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had originally asked the comparison question on Sir M's Thread a while back but only Regs chimed in... As I stated at the top this was a draft with comments welcome. However, introducing lower(other divisions) where there is no previous or upcoming cross play to validate the numbers will be a stretch for my faculties. Being the dude you are Dude, with your substantial brain and analytical prowess, I am sure the creation of such a forumla is not out of your reach. :D

My strengths are in delegating Bonefish. :D

Nice chart nonetheless.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0