Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy-bob

Mar 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s hard to put into words what it exactly happened at Cloverdale athletic today. Simply put, Columbus were blatantly cheated by the officiating. I’m not one to usually complain, but something needs to be said about the game today and the disgusting officiating that occurred. 0-0 at half time with the game going back and forth. 20 mins in, Riz was chasing the ball with a surrey player and going to goal.As as they were battling for the ball, Riz’s hand hit it. It was tough to see from my angle but it looked unintentional as both players were using their hands to get position. The ref who was 40 yards behind the play proceeds to give Riz his second yellow. A bad call. A little bit after that, Columbus scored to go 1-0. Surrey was then awarded a peno just a few minutes after on a so- called hand ball. . Few minutes later, Kindle gets his second yellow on a challenge. Another debatable call. Down 2 men, Columbus scored and went up 2-1. A few minutes after that, Scott tells one of the surrey players to **** off and gets a straight red. An absolute joke. With Col down 3 men, Surrey scores on the ensuing free kick. Now 2-2 and playing 11—8 , surrey is awarded another peno, on a so called hand ball. An absolute JOKE. So to sum it up, Surrey was awarded 2 debatable penos in a span of 6 minutes. As well, Columbus were given 3 Red cards in a span of 20 minutes. At the end of the game, surrey players were saying how embarrassed they were by the officiating and talked about how they didn’t want to win this way. They didn’t even celebrate their goals. Nothing against the surrey players as they showed a lot class at the end, but the officiating was clearly disgraceful. Hopefully this blatant and biased type of officiating does not it occur in the coming rounds.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A knob who saved your pk capitano. Tough break on the shite ref. I really wanted to play you guys again. And capitano, i am and will always be the knob who saved your pk. 29

Capitano

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one 29. would have liked the rematch but shite happens I guess. Maybe next year or not. Don't know if this 36 year old body can take this anymore.Lots of thinking to do this summer.Anyways good luck to all teams left in prov. Columbus-Clan forever.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Sharmorck...the game against Gorge will be Saturday (unofficial). These Sunday games make for uneventful post matches.

Why so interested??? Making a roadie to Vic perhaps.....?

Looking forward to a good battle with RCIU. And a few (tooo many) pints after.

Definitely, Tunes. If it is a Saturday game I'll be there.......and a few our womens' team. :D I'll be sure to keep them away from your lads though as we have to play on Sunday morning. ;)

I will probably be having a few before, during, and after. Looking forward to it. Please introduce yourself and I will try to do the same. Now, who am I looking for? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow........would love to find out who was in the middle of the SU/Columbus-Clan game.........terrible when refs have such an impact in a game. :(

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It’s hard to put into words what it exactly happened at Cloverdale athletic today. Simply put, Columbus were blatantly cheated by the officiating. I’m not one to usually complain, but something needs to be said about the game today and the disgusting officiating that occurred. 0-0 at half time with the game going back and forth. 20 mins in, Riz was chasing the ball with a surrey player and going to goal.As as they were battling for the ball, Riz’s hand hit it. It was tough to see from my angle but it looked unintentional as both players were using their hands to get position. The ref who was 40 yards behind the play proceeds to give Riz his second yellow. A bad call. A little bit after that, Columbus scored to go 1-0. Surrey was then awarded a peno just a few minutes after on a so- called hand ball. . Few minutes later, Kindle gets his second yellow on a challenge. Another debatable call. Down 2 men, Columbus scored and went up 2-1. A few minutes after that, Scott tells one of the surrey players to **** off and gets a straight red. An absolute joke. With Col down 3 men, Surrey scores on the ensuing free kick. Now 2-2 and playing 11—8 , surrey is awarded another peno, on a so called hand ball. An absolute JOKE. So to sum it up, Surrey was awarded 2 debatable penos in a span of 6 minutes. As well, Columbus were given 3 Red cards in a span of 20 minutes. At the end of the game, surrey players were saying how embarrassed they were by the officiating and talked about how they didn’t want to win this way. They didn’t even celebrate their goals. Nothing against the surrey players as they showed a lot class at the end, but the officiating was clearly disgraceful. Hopefully this blatant and biased type of officiating does not it occur in the coming rounds.

Don't tell me you got stuck with whistleblower reffing.

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRFC why don't you mention Riz getting fouled in the first half. that should have been a red card considering he was the last man back. You only see what you want. The penos were bull and you know it.To go up 1 goal with a man down, then go up again with 2 men down and have a ref who by the way kept the whistle in his pocket all game then hand out cards left and right and 2 penos in the last 15min was outright shocking.

I will agree that it was probably a foul on Riz in the first half, but if i remember correctly another defender was going to cover? If not then yes he should have been sent off, but you cannot complain about 3 of the red cards. Riz deliberatley used his hand to try and poke it past the defender, i was right there and saw it. Kindels 2nd booking was a nasty tackle studs up from behind on clarke, and he has been abusing the young linesman for the past 20 minutes, he has also pushed on our the surrey players in the face, he was lucky he didnt get sent off before he did. Scottys red card i will admit was unfair, as many other players were swearing at each other and indeed the referee and that went unpunished. As for the final red card that was also warranted who the big centre half, who had a good game, tried to start a fight with peter and was throwing his arms all over the place. As you said it wasn't the way surrey wanted to win, and any team would have been embrassed by it, but it was not surrey's fault for the officiating.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRFC;280604\Riz deliberatley used his hand to try and poke it past the defender said:
I will also agree on the Riz hand bal - it was an obvious intentional hand ball to try and get an advantage when the ref was behind him. Stupid play in my mind when you're already on a yellow. The rest of the gong show I missed as I felt my time was better spent watching the Canucks game in the clubhouse (although it sounds like I missed quite the contreversy and nearly a brawl)!!

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
once again the referees make a mockery of the game.. standard. A whole years worth of work for that bs. Congrats to the surrey lads, who for the most part were in just as much disbelief as us columbus boys. Todays game was distasteful from an officiating standpoint and I hope that for any teams sake that that does not reoccur to them. im done. GL to the rest of the teams.

and BRFC, why would I blatantly punch a ball on a half breakaway. when I was jostling for position with ur defender it was bumped away from him and unfortunately hit the ball .. nothing intentional about it. I guess u are just trying to justify the referees calls in your favour... but everything you have said thusfar has been a complete bias so I know you will celebrate a well earned victory at the shadow. have a drink on me bud

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ganief Second yellow and Kindel (both cards x10) were well deserved
Poli and Pete's fight at the end was clearly straight reds. nobody can disagree with those...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 2 - 1 Gordon Head

Helluva lotta heart from our boys. All i can say. Down 1-0 on GHs first real opportunity of the day at about the 65th. Boys battled back with Timmy scoring the tieing goal in the 85th... and DZ following up with the winner a few minutes later.

We battled like a bunch of possessed bastards. It was a beautiful thing.

GH were all class but were lucky to not be down 3 at half. They ran out of gas and were exploited... finally! I hope GH's 3 injured guys are ok. Looked like a dislocated shoulder, possibly a broken nose, and likely a couple broken ribs. Whoever #3 is, he is hard as nails. Man-crush over here.

Did someone say "road trip"????

PS Steaks at the Keg were out-facking-standing afterwards....

:wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough luck for Columbus today. They are such a great footballing side. Today some controversy really wasn't in their favour.

It must be said, them kicking the balls onto the field (from the bench) 85th min and on was an absolute disgrace, as at times they are their own worst enemy and they don't even know it.

I truly feel bad for WC and the rest, as they are great guys and deserved not to bow out in such a fashion.. but football is a crazy game and they will be there among the top sides next year.

KOBE!

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't tell me you got stuck with whistleblower reffing.

No mate it was not me. But i am trying to read between the lines on the posts and it seems that the people watching can not agree on the red cards so something must of happened.

As for the Ref he has been a National ref for the 8 years and does a steady job, very consistent and he always lets the players know what he will let go and what he is going to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0