Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter (The Pheonix Suns of Soccer)

I thought this was the year they put the league and cup aspirations aside and focus on the BC's. But another eary exit and this team, once young, energenic and talented, is now pushing the older end of the league.

Yes, they are talented going forward, but they always lacked the 1st class goalie and defensive line. And yet again it proved costly when it counted the most. Defense wins soccer games - Barca aside - and they never took that side of the game seriously enough. A few years ago I wondered how a club with great influence back in the day with regards to young, talented players, could only muster up a couple of 2nd-tier defenders to shore up vital positions. Factor in bad goaltending and you have Inter of today.

I feel for Sam and Ken who have put so much work, effort, and pride into this team. Their main nemesis, Columbus, has passed them by, Metro Ford has rebuilt and is younger and more disciplined, WestVan is also younger and better, and Croatia is equal in capabilities. Inter should have won it all by now (2 or 3 times) if they focused on the important aspects of the game. But I think their time has passed them by. Unfortunately, the executive will always look back on the great offensive teams Inter had in the early millenium and shake their heads because of the ellusive hardware they could never get their hands on.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A stupid post by a stupid man.

Inter lost to Croatia in Imperial Cup 1-0 and lost 1-0 (PK's) to Peace Arch and you think defense was the problem? So that's one goal conceded in 210 mins of play. Also, over 22 games in the regular season they only gave up 19 goals which was good for the second best GA in the league.

Stop talking out your ass Bob and worry about your own club.

oh you didnt know

Mar 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree could be the stupidest post of the year?? giving up 1 goal in 210 minutes is impressive and if anything Id say the offence let them down.. haha phoenix suns of soccer thats a good one, you are definitely trying to start some shite stop being sean avery

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta agree could be the stupidest post of the year?? you are definitely trying to start some shite stop being sean avery

I haven't heard anything from the Inter camp when they lost. So I'll say my piece. Please respond with susbstance.

It just makes me wonder. This is the most disappointing talented, talented team I have ever seen. There is a lot of excellent players on Inter. Bad luck is not winning the big one once or twice. 6, 7 times they should have/could have? Whats the problem? Nothing? One bad game here and there? I don't buy it.
Deny and deny, Inter boys. You always will have decient seasons but there is a choke element to Inter when it counts the most - BC titles. I don't care about the rest of the hardware because you and I both know that Inter only cares about 1 thing.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough WAB. I agree that there might be a choke element but let's not put the blame squarely on the defense and GK when the stats indicate otherwise.

By the way, being a "name" player at the youth/university level does not necessarily equate to being an effective premier league player .

Any comments from AB, Orange, Jomo10, et al?

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game agaisn't PAU. Inter's offence wasn't the problem. there lack of finnish is what killed them. maybe even some bad linesmen. there offence was creating and moving the ball well from the 2nd half on. # 10 in the middle for inter was very dangerous all game. why they took off #22 on the wing i will never know. he was killing that right side and had serveral dangerous ventures into the box that PAU just couldn't keep pace. #9 for inter as well had a strong game. he hit the post in the 1st overtime. Everytime the ball was in the air in the box it seems he had a head on it and PAU had little answer for him. Granted my opinion is all based on inter from 1 game. my 2 cents.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter's offence wasn't the problem. there [sic] lack of finnish [sic] is what killed them.

Perhaps inserting a few Finnish players into the lineup would help but I am failing to see the correlation between a player's country of origin and Inter's success...:rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at least we are hearing a little more about the game than just the PAU side.

As for Inter's past. It was always their defense that let them down when the opposition stimied their offense. Sapp was always brilliant against them when it counted the most. We always said; play hard defensively and eventually they'll crack in the back. It never failed.

But why is this team continually failing on the big stage? Just as an observer at the BCs this year, it's frustrating to have no answer. I could imagine how the Inter guys feel.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter were a bunch of bitter cnuts at Sportstown last week. Too funny listening to them bitch about how terrible PAU is...you lost to them right? :bronco:

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A stupid post by a stupid man.

Inter lost to Croatia in Imperial Cup 1-0 and lost 1-0 (PK's) to Peace Arch and you think defense was the problem? So that's one goal conceded in 210 mins of play. Also, over 22 games in the regular season they only gave up 19 goals which was good for the second best GA in the league.

Stop talking out your ass Bob and worry about your own club.

I have to agree with WOB Inter has not won anything meaningful over the last Decade atleast. They have been always a great team but have not won anything........Too bad cause they are a great club.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are like the Washington Capitals in the early 90's!

Sorry that nickname is allready taken, it was given to the Burnaby Canadians of the late 90's, by old Frank M. of Peg, he used to think it was soo funny. Inter has had some fantastic teams, but it may be the curse of old Higgsy that did them is, they dominated Peg in a BC final back in 97 or 96, but just couldn't score on Higgy, when they should have won the game, has never been the same since then for Inter, plus they cut all thier good players, and what did they do since:rolleyes:.

hos

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big weekend commin up.
Im headin to the PAU/Wolves game and right after over to the Langley/Croatia game on Saturday.
Sunday of coarse I will be at our match.
Anyone else takeing in some of the games.
any thoughts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will only be able to catch most of the RCIU/Gordon Head game after our women play on Sunday. In Victoria until Saturday night......

Good luck to all teams involved except Gordon Head.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0