Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Apple iOS5

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed JB, this is the worst BB has ever been. 2 major outages in the last couple months, but this one is a bit ridiculous.
Wonder if it as anything to do with new phone and OS release from Apple ;)

I'll be switching over to the 4S this weekend. If my phone wasn't causing me issues, i'd wait for iPhone 5 but it's killing me right now

for the first time in my life I'm regretting buying a new BB and not going to iProducts.

This Rim outage is killing me.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm really at a loss.

RIM is crucified for announcing 3 new phones, but then waiting three months to make them available for purchase.
Apple formally announces new phones and they're available for purchase within 2 weeks.

Night and day...one company gets it and the other just doesn't get it. Sad really.

I feel for those that own RIM Stock.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have either of you checked out Android devices? The Nexus Prime is coming out soon and the Samsung Galaxy S2 is amazing. Have a look before going the Apple route, you might be surprised at what you find!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg, do they sync all my music and photos etc with my computer and iPod Touch, and allow all my purchases on iTunes available to all devices?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My wife has an android and I like it, but she doesn't.

imho the Androids are the least intuitive of the OS's out there from the 3 of apple, rim, and google.

also because of work i'm limited to either ios or rim.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are the new BB's that are coming out? BB is only what it is these days because of BBM (only reason ive stuck with BB). I heard a rumor that BBM is selling its rights or something like that? Iphone had Ichat or a pin system that works like a BBM apparently. could be the new wave?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
iPhone's BBM program is iMessenger and it works with all Apples devices, not just phones, which is cool

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are currently some new BBo7 phones out, one of which I have and quite like while Rim's servers are operational. I have the new 9860 (Torch alltouch) There is the Torch 2 and the new Bold 9900. There is also a new curve and new lower price point bold coming out. The big potential game changer that RIM will live or die with is the new BBX (QNX operating system) Superphone currently in development codenamed: Colt. If this phone comes out and performs well it could be RIM's saving grace, if not RIM becomes a target to split into two companies, a software and platform development company that would retain the waterloo infrastructure, licensing of BBM etc... and a hardware side of the company that would make phones(sic)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ Yoda - This should answer your questions but if not I have a plethora of resources to help with what your getting at.

http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/17/7783441-how-to-get-an-itunes-like-experience-on-android

@Cascade - QNX Based devices - QNX is the next gen platform for Blackberry OS. Probably looking at a refresh of all devices across the board. but likely we'll see a new Bold as the first line followed by the Torch and Curve series. Have a read here...

With QNX phone, RIM must avoid PlayBook mistakes | Wireless - CNET News

@JBN The work thing is a bit of a problem at the moment. Android is however the newest of the bunch and I firmly believe Android will make that ground up sooner than later. The problem lies in adoption. Inertia has kept people with RIM and iOS but Android is just as capable of fitting into an Enterprise environment.
Device Administration | Android Developers

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So any idea when my BB will be able to send a bloody email or receive one? This is a joke!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The brand new Bold has a touch screen, my buddy just got it, very cool. I do like it better than my torch only because it doesn't have the slider. The combination of touch screen with the key pad is what I like, because of IM. I figure I have the BB and can get an Itouch and have the best of both worlds,for now...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just upgraded my ipod Touch to 5 and Itunes as well as the itouch have lost all apps, music, playlists.
FFS!!!!
Looks like i'll be recreating my music library for the next few days.

BRUTAL UPGRADE!!! That's a Windows plan. Wouldn't have expected that from Apple.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats what i thought but got tired of carrying both around. Why not have it all in one?
I was considering the 8gb touch too. Best of both words while Rogers has my balls and credit card in a vice for the next 2.5 years. Is $100 worth the gb upgrade to 32?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0