Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Apple iOS5

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Android apps on the weak side Regs?! Get a BB and let me know your thoughts... :shite:

polska, careful mate...Wind Canada is owned and operated by Globalive Communications Canada, and as far as i can tell (I have worked with for them in a contracting role) are, at most, arms length from Egyptian WIND ownership if any at all.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh, I guess I'm a terrorist by extension. Quite alright; I've been called worse.:p

Actually Regs, I found Android equivalents for most of the iPhone apps that I used previously. What seems to be missing?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Android apps on the weak side Regs?! Get a BB and let me know your thoughts... :shite:

polska, careful mate...Wind Canada is owned and operated by Globalive Communications Canada, and as far as i can tell (I have worked with for them in a contracting role) are, at most, arms length from Egyptian WIND ownership if any at all.

Sorry, wasnt referring to egypt or muslim's .... Orascom Telecom and thier relationship with the North Koreans / Kim Jong-il is cause for concern...

Support north american product where ever possible ( Telus /Rogers ect..) is all im saying..

JBN u like to read correct? --- > Naguib Sawiris = extremist

Mock Islam over Twitter, end up losing 1 Million customers and possibly the collapse of your empire #NaguibSawiris - ArabCrunch

$25/month u get what u pay for and at the same time donate to Naguib Sawiris fight against Islam...

gotta go.. my nokia is ringing

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
akslop, that's exactly what I was referring to, as far as we can tell Globalive (Wind Mobile Canada's parent) is not owned per se or at all by Sawaris and the Egyptian parent organizations... the operate in Canada under similar banners and marketing plans...perceptions...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh, I guess I'm a terrorist by extension. Quite alright; I've been called worse.:p

Actually Regs, I found Android equivalents for most of the iPhone apps that I used previously. What seems to be missing?
First and foremost, NetFlix :)

Although as far as I can tell, it's mainly an issue with just my device, there is a Netflix app for Android in general.

Secondly is EA FIFA 12 :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIFA 12, UNREAL!! I will say this though, if you haven't bought and are going to. DO NOT PLAY MLS. I did because I love the caps, and wanted to give it ago. It is fun at first but you have no room for trades 1.9 million cap and there is no cup play until the playoffs at the end. (if you make it) Stick with the EPL or La Liga. Tons of online options though which is awseome. (this is on my PS3) This should be in other thread but Regs mentioned it so I said it.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^^^^^how do i do a screen capture on a mac? ^^^^^^^^^

"Command (the key beside the space bar)-Shift-3" will do the entire screen, "Command-Shift-4" will give you cross-hairs to select the area you want to capture. The file will be in a .png format on your desktop (I think).

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a booster by any means; just looked at how I used my previous phones, and shopped accordingly. I don't make a lot of calls out of town because I'm normally on vacation when I am, and my phone is primarily a work/footy tool. The price was right. Long distance while roaming works out to about $0.45/min. I've dealt previously with all of the big 3 on a corporate basis, and been completely unimpressed by all of them.

Luch: reception depends on what part of town you're in. Wind's local coverage area has grown since it was first introduced but if you get outside Surrey, the Haney part of the Ridge, or past Horseshoe Bay, you're in roaming territory. There are also still some holes in their system near the Fraser River (not enough towers near the Big Bend/Queensborough/Annacis area), but overall it's been reasonable.

Roaming with Wind is tied to an agreement with Bell, whose towers they use/rent outside their urban centres. Interesting trend is that they're following Bell's example with a plan for no roaming in their coverage areas (again with Wind, only in places where they have an urban presence), so I'm hoping this pushes the other carriers in the same direction.

If you're looking for a new phone for Mrs. Luch, they do have some higher-end Androids (which were a bit out of my price range at the time) and a selection of Blackberries, but as is normal in Canada, we don't get the full choice of phone models from any manufacturer because "we don't have the market size."

Cheers TV. It's really about the lower mainland for the Mrs. Not many trips out to Haney from the NS :). Gonna check it ouuuut.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although only in Beta, Siri on the 4S is pretty damn cool.

Voice activation for pretty much anything while I'm driving. Music, send a text MSG or reply to one, ask it to search web for something too.

It doesn't do directions in Canada yet but soon you'll be able to ask it for directions or to list, for example, nearest Chinese food restaurants.

And yes it does swear words. I asked it to send mags with swear words and it types it out no problem although you can turn it off if you prefer.

I'm guessing like the GPS devices you will be able to change the voice to other voices.

Wireless iTunes sync is nice too.

Loving the iPhone so far.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upgraded my 3G to the new 4S on Saturday as it cost me only $20 to do so (rest covered with earned Fido dollars) - like it so far but will probably go back to hating all things phone-wise by the end of the week :)

The one thing I hate is the way email receiving functions on it... on my old phone, emails would be wiped off once they were deleted from the server... now I either have to wait a day or manually delete them.

Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget to thank her for her help. And tell her she's great too
If you add nicknames to your contacts you can use them with Siri too instead of real names

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upgraded my 3G to the new 4S on Saturday as it cost me only $20 to do so (rest covered with earned Fido dollars) - like it so far but will probably go back to hating all things phone-wise by the end of the week :)

The one thing I hate is the way email receiving functions on it... on my old phone, emails would be wiped off once they were deleted from the server... now I either have to wait a day or manually delete them.

Regs.

Or go back to hating them within a day :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0