Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2007 - Banter Etc

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The season if fast approaching and i was curious to see who's in, who's out, who's signed, and who's cut.

UJ's have finished tryouts already and due to lack of attendance, i made the team. I was quite happy because it would have been embarassing sitting on the sidelines while the wife played.

Conductor, did you guys get around to signing the likes of Beckham or Ronaldo for this season? You can never be too good you know.

From my understanding there are 3 divisions this season but i've yet to find out who's in each.

Maybe when it's all sorted Striker or Dial can fill us in. That is if they are still on the board

i like the idea of the team bond. Holds teams accountable for oh, i don't know, driving cars on fields, leaving a mess behind at games, loses us fields because of stupidness, or even no shows.

See you in a few weeks, Good luck to all.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In an attempt to save a thread that was created to keep general game and tourament banter out of the 'league and schedule details thread' i'll post our results from last nights game here.

GutterFC 4 - Union Hackers 4

The game started with an early PK off a hand ball in the box against Butter.
Judy slotted the PK past the so called goalie, but true to Herbs reffing he called it back because he didn't blow the whistle.
So she had to slot it past the keeper twice. :)
1 - nil UJ's.

After that it was back and forth, we scored, they tied it, type game, although our goals were much nicer than thiers, especially the deflected goal.

Very casual and mellow game for both teams, Gates #2 not in bad shape.

On the Gunners on Sunday.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I posted that a week ago.
Guess it took you a week to get on the board.
;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts 0 BDGC 5

Ouch! I wasn't at the game and was scared to call anyone to ask for details after I found out the score...
Supposedly KEEPER played a GREAT game in net for the 'nuts, as the score I hear could have been worse :eek:

Next game...YG Inc.

Happy Mum's Day to all the Mum's on TTP!!

striker14

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After 4 most people stop counting....except for the BDGC's
:)

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 4 or 5 (but whose counting??) and Dragons 2 - game cut a little short as the Dragons I think were down a man or two with injuries...We lost one as well to a bad ankle injury and hoping for a speedy recovery Todd!

Good job to the girls for slotting in 4 of our goals!!

No more co-ed for us for a few weeks. See a bunch of you up in Penny!!

Carebear

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WINNERS OF THE CO-ED TOURNEY (sorry for the late pics)

Cosmos

damn...this attaching ain't workin' for me right now

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KEEPER NEEDED!! (literally)

Our KEEPER went down illin' and we are in need of someone to take over the gloves.

Beernuts...Group A

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Rajan was your goalie?

funny guy conductor...:rolleyes:
We've had some bad luck between the ol' posts this season, but we'll hopefully find someone soon, or, we'll just start rotating through everyone...spread the love around, ya know?!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers 3 - Wanderers 2
After giving up an early lead of 2 - bagle, we came back with a vengeance. The woman carried us today as Mrs. Yoda potted 2 and Rob had our 3rd.

Can't wait to play them again on Tuesday night
:rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear it was a heated game between Cheatside and Beefeaters lastnight??
Details........

Beernuts have not played since May 13th when we got spanked by YG so I don't have too much to discuss on our end. Our next game is tomorrow vs. Violators 6:30p

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear it was a heated game between Cheatside and Beefeaters lastnight??
Details........

Not so much between Cheatside and the Beefeaters...as it was between the Beefeaters and Herb...(Sr. that is:) )

Cheatside 5-3 Beefeaters.

Beefeaters 1 red card-0 red cards to Cheatside.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UJ's 6 - Wanderers 0

Easy going game on an aweful field
Herb was fantastic as usual.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb isn't messing around this season, obviously :rolleyes:
He has pulled out as many cards this season so far as I have seen over my 5-6 years in this League. Most of them for the foul language...2 reds this season already :eek:

Beernuts 2 Violators 4

We're keeping our streak going I see...lastnight was tough...no girl subs as we had a women's game conflict and most of our 'nuts women are on the same women's team, so that was tight!
The Violators were gettin' their shorts in a knot over some ankle taps here and there and would stop playing completely thinking Herb was gonna call it...let's get real here guys...suck it up...what's a lil' ankle tap on the pitch. Unless it takes you out of the play...keep the play goin' and shut up already!
One tryhard had our guy in a choke hold, swung him around, and then proceeded to try and lift him off his feet by the front of his shirt...Herb...what did he do...yellow card and the guy's teammates subbed him right away. All of this over a lil' shoulder to shoulder action :rolleyes:

Hot as sh*t at BBY Lakes turf...but I guess it beats Osler anyday, so I hear.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0