Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2007 - Banter Etc

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Union Jackers squeaked out a 4-3 win in PK's last night against Like Rabbits
With a quick 2 goals to start and a 3 goal lead at half they came out fast and potted an early one.
They then pressured in the final few minutes and put 1 in, then with 2 minutes remaing they put in the tying goal after 4 minutes.

We played an extra 15 then PK's.

We fell behind early in PK's then the women stepped up and got us even
After the second extra round we scored and they hit the post.

Great game last night and lots of fun, till security kicked us out.

On to Gunners tomorrow night.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Beernuts are out...losing to Cheatside 4-3

All the best to the remaining teams

For those who care...I am a new Mommy :wa:
His name is Logan Thomas Mele
He was born July 15, 2007

I am going to try and swing by the Finals and check out the games.

L8R

striker14

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Beernuts are out...losing to Cheatside 4-3

All the best to the remaining teams

For those who care...I am a new Mommy :wa:
His name is Logan Thomas Mele
He was born July 15, 2007

I am going to try and swing by the Finals and check out the games.

L8R

striker14

Congratulations, Striker14. :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Striker 14, first time in awhile that the Beernuts won't be in the final. Looks like they missed you out there this season. So now your goal is to breast feed Logan and then hopefully be ready for next co-ed season!:D

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rockets 2 - 1 Butter

Closer game than we would have liked...We played short a girl all game so that didnt help. Got to see Roo complain as he usually does..quite comical really, he almost turned and punched a girl on our team as she gave him one of his patented whacks on the back of the legs, simmer down buddy you did that 2 me at least 3 times. Oh ya and if the dude in the purple shorts was 10 times the player I am how come he didnt pot the winner...:wa:

Thanks to Scur for the sportsmanship afterwards...classy guy

On to the finals on Sunday...hope we get a few more girls out..:(

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Striker 14, first time in awhile that the Beernuts won't be in the final. Looks like they missed you out there this season. So now your goal is to breast feed Logan and then hopefully be ready for next co-ed season!:D

Thanks Conductor, and yes, I plan to be out next year...I've missed 2 seasons with foot injury and then prego, so, I'll be itchin' next season!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the final is set for the competitive side - Cheatside vs Young Guns. Not too surprised about the 2 teams in the final this year.

YG beat Dragons 4-2 in a decent but not too exciting game. Cheatside downed Beefeaters 3-0 in a game where the Beefy's may have to been on too much of a high after spanking the Golf Carts 6-1 Monday.

Young Guns look to be in tough for the final on Sunday with a few players previously committed to PCSL playoffs. Rumor has that Cheatside may be looking into purchasing their own "Champions" t-shirts by Sunday. :eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to coming out on sunday and watching the Gunners play in the final. To be honest it's not so much about their game, but more for the fact that the great chef Jimmy Holiday will again be in the finals and gracing us with his presence over the BBQ! Good luck to Jimmy on the grill!:D

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Megs - not sure cheatside would have enter into printing their own shirts PRIOR to attempting to winning a title, however - should we be lucky enough to win, and that will be tough given your team - maybe we could borrow the ones you got printed all ready......maybe....:p

As for Jimmy Holiday, that is fantastic as D Knott confirmed last night while having pints with us across the street that he will also put on the chefs gear for the finals.....which we decided to dedicate as a year end and further celebration to KJ/Walks engagement and unsuing shower.......:D

see ya sunday.......:wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm looking forward to coming out on sunday and watching the Gunners play in the final.

I'm not, we should have had that game after blowing two point blank shots.
Nice that Grandma hit the PK to make it close.

We have PCSL players in AMSL? What's next FVSL players in the AMSL?

:rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear Cheatside beat YG Inc. :eek:
Details...anyone? I couldn't make it out to watch...DARN IT!!
I hear there was a shirt ripping situation?! sounds interesting

striker14

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes...all the stories are true. Cheatside finally conquered there YG nemisis, and ended the years of final futility in a very close, hard fought battle that would have made even the hardest of tryhards shake in there six studs!!

The game was quite intense, full of skill:rolleyes:, hard tackles, questionable refereeing, and controversy...which resulted in some not so witty banter, Herb yelling...shoving...face scratching...and finally, the infamous shirt ripping:eek: At the end of this, Cheatside pulled out the 3-2 result in a shoot-out victory. The game lived up to all expectations and the satisfied fans left knowing they got full value for the price of there admission!!:D

Now...on to the face scratching/shirt ripping:

As I hope all would agree...completely offside, and there is absolutley no place for that type of behaviour in this league, any league and society as a whole. Full marks to the guy for apologizing for his blow-up, and I'm sure he's quite embarrased for his actions...but stating that, he is the same person who was suspended years ago for a similar reason, and what is stopping him from losing his mind again. He seems to be quite a nice guy off the field, but if he reacts to situations on the filed like he did in yesterdays final...maybe co-ed soccer is not for him...and some others in the league. There is one thing about being in the "heat of the battle", but this is over the line and there is no excuse for they way he acted.

Words and apologies only mean so much when people keep judging you based on your actions. The apology is a good start, but I think it's time that this "fun competitive" summer league takes some action. Hopefully the league organizers and the teams can do something about this.

This is just my opinion...and thanks to the YG's and the player for apologizing. Top class.

Congrats to Cheatside for the victory, and Jimmy Holiday for the double victory. 1 with the Gunners...and more importantly...finally with the Cheaters as an honorary (original) member!:D

See y'all next year! :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be the Champ you gotta beat the Champ. Cheatside did that three times to us this year, so congratulations on your season!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0