Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Whitecaps

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 bucks on DC, KC, Galaxy, and City to win yesterday. Would have returned 190.

Fcuking Caps.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twatter saying more to follow in short order. The execs just resigning, suppose it was all negotiated, too. Golden parachutes for all!

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good riddance to bad rubbish - that entire committee has been incompetent and tone deaf from the off. And notice how she made her announcement all about her - and zero mention of the variety of alleged improprieties that happened under her watch...

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Without knowing anything about the executives except Bobby, it is interesting that a woman is the first to fall on the sword. Or, the sword stuck in her. Not sure who deserves the punishment, but I got to think that BL is the ultimate decision maker through all these years.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a view to staying consistent... RT on the second goal - sprints towards a teammate with the ball, doesn't get it, and drops anchor beside Owusu such that when they cough it up Houston has a clear path through the middle where RT just vacated... boom, 2-0... this could be the year things fall completely off the wagon...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With a view to staying consistent... RT on the second goal - sprints towards a teammate with the ball, doesn't get it, and drops anchor beside Owusu such that when they cough it up Houston has a clear path through the middle where RT just vacated... boom, 2-0... this could be the year things fall completely off the wagon...
Watched this, and I remember thinking you were going to post on it.

I think that goal made it 2-1, but that's the goal, and I just turned it off at that point.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MLS highlight package has Whitecaps already out of possession on that play, so I can't see RT's mistake. However, what I do notice is that owusu doesn't pick up the attacking midfielder (or any Houston player) that the ball eventually breaks to before he hammers it into the goal uncontested.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MLS highlight package has Whitecaps already out of possession on that play, so I can't see RT's mistake. However, what I do notice is that owusu doesn't pick up the attacking midfielder (or any Houston player) that the ball eventually breaks to before he hammers it into the goal uncontested.

Yeah, Owusu could have slid over, but trying to adjust to what your partner is doing when that partner is RT...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Likewise I picked out the first error, and immediately focused on it. Probably because it's RT, and frankly, I'm looking for his positives vs. negatives right now, and trying to do so with an unbiased eye. I'm really trying to understand why he's getting these selections into the 1st team.

I am also baffled and someone help me out....why would they move Bikel before shoring up the DM position? He was genuinely good there, and with Gauld as your (typical) #10, really should have meant the club could go out and focus on bringing in a stud box-to-box guy to be that midfield general we've desperately missed. It just seems like backwards economics. I get he was making a lot, but so are RT and Owussu....and those two guys are really doing the same thing. If I were to peg one as your back-up at either the #6 or #8, I'd take Owussu. Younger, more upside, and like has been stated so many times....we know what we have in RT, and he's way, way past the age of being able to improve. Some guys are so intelligent and instinctual that they can adjust and change their game as they age to remain relevant....but he's not one of those guys.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys haven't noticed how shitty Gauld is playing? lol.
He's giving the ball away a lot and his touch is off on the ball. He obviously has the quality to turn things around and I hope he does. I also noticed that his body language cuts a frustrated figure at times. Something I didn't see last year. Maybe he needs White to get back on the pitch as they compliment each other well.

RT had a shitty start of the season last year. Then played decent enough by the end of the year.
This year he has started off shitty again. Besides the negative passing, now I've noticed he's not getting in to the spaces to receive the ball which is even worse imo. Definitely not the worse player on the team imo but he can get there if he tries hard enough. lol

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I saw Teibert wearing the armband and knowing he was who was providing me with service I'd find it a little hard to get up for matches too... then if by some miracle he does get you the ball you have to find a way to bounce it in off the ass of the only striker on the planet with a phobia of entering the 18 yard box... fcuk me I hope he gets the good stuff imported from back home by the case...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's giving the ball away a lot and his touch is off on the ball. He obviously has the quality to turn things around and I hope he does. I also noticed that his body language cuts a frustrated figure at times. Something I didn't see last year. Maybe he needs White to get back on the pitch as they compliment each other well.

RT had a shitty start of the season last year. Then played decent enough by the end of the year.
This year he has started off shitty again. Besides the negative passing, now I've noticed he's not getting in to the spaces to receive the ball which is even worse imo. Definitely not the worse player on the team imo but he can get there if he tries hard enough. lol
Yup, he's been bad, and off. But, he has a great body of work and we know what he's proven, so he gets the benefit of goodwill. Also, miscast last match as a wide striker / winger. He needs to be central as a free roaming #10.

RT does not, even though he's a nice guy and hard worker.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agree on Gauld right now but don't blame him. Typical stud player looking bad at times because he is trying to do too much. Why on earth would we get a player like Gauld and not have a plan to bring in a few players to prop him up and let him do his thing?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree on Gauld right now but don't blame him. Typical stud player looking bad at times because he is trying to do too much. Why on earth would we get a player like Gauld and not have a plan to bring in a few players to prop him up and let him do his thing?
Bingo.

Last year he had great chemistry w/ White, but as much as I like White's intelligence for the game and maximizing his tools, he's not a highly skilled striker. Useful, and if he's able to be consistent in the way he's ghosts out of space then attacks it, and supports the ball carrier, great. As long as he can keep finishing. My beef is, he got a lot of good bounces last year, not many goals where I looked and said, wow, now that's a striker.

Cava on the other hand....the type of finishing he shows last game showed a killers instinct, and he is typically very good in that scenario...but bloody hell, we can't wait forever for this guy to find form, can we?

Point being, @utah, exactly right. At the very least, a midfield stud is needed. We have decent flanks. A skilled striker would sure be nice. For the life of me, can't understand why the Caps won't get themselves into the top 50% of spending for that position. It's critical, especially after investing in Gauld.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you new to Vancouver? ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coming out that White still has a bad calf, so out for this weekend.

Cava, I hope, is salivating. He actually had a pretty decent match on the weekend. Would love to see a front three of him, Dajome, and give Vite another go (I'm not a big fan of Calcedo), with Gauld exactly where he should be, sitting in the soft spot behind Cava and in front of the midfield.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teibert gets turnstiled for the second, and Cavallini literally watches the guy standing next to him step up and finish for the third. Meanwhile the announcing crew claims Cavallini was the best Whitecap on the park and has nothing bad to say about RT.

Have I died and taken crazy pills or is this franchise still completely in denial about what they are?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0