Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2022 Whitecaps

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently cavallini and gutierrez have Covid andvwere not with the CMNT in el salvador. That may be old news.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And he's not even a "super sub"!!!! Get rid of him
I first read it as "Sub-par Sub", and yes, he's a sub-par sub. And, fcuk me, you can't be good for a yellow every 30 minutes and expect to help your squad. Honestly, with the amount of minutes he put in last year, I bet it's something ridiculous like 1 yellow/ 30-45 minutes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First "look" at new turf in BC Place?

Looks good, will be interested to see how it translates to TSN cameras...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for the kid. Seems to get to the next level, you have to leave the Caps organisation?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for the kid. Seems to get to the next level, you have to leave the Caps organisation?

I dunno... he left the Caps 5 years ago. He was nowhere near ready back then, and once WFC2 was shuttered they really didn't have the infrastructure in place to continue to develop him.

Even now I would say he's at best an MLS backup. He's fortunate that TFC lost both right backs this offseason as it will afford him a pretty big opportunity to earn minutes, but he'll have to make a pretty big leap to be a success.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno... he left the Caps 5 years ago. He was nowhere near ready back then, and once WFC2 was shuttered they really didn't have the infrastructure in place to continue to develop him.

Even now I would say he's at best an MLS backup. He's fortunate that TFC lost both right backs this offseason as it will afford him a pretty big opportunity to earn minutes, but he'll have to make a pretty big leap to be a success.
This.

It's not that a lot of these kids were ready, many weren't, but you shutter WFC2, what do you expect?

And really, making it as an MLS domestic depth player is still nothing to sneeze at. Nerwinski has made a pretty damn good career out of being a back-up, and being a good team guy. Works his ass off and gets opportunities, guys get injured, and he somehow still gets playing time...despite often times being the obvious worse player on the pitch. The MLS is flush with guys like him.

If Chung goes on to that kind of career in MLS, God bless him.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opening day Saturday.

Cant wait for VMSL premier player Rusty to pass the ball back all game long and Baldy to hit useless long balls all game while jogging around the park.

But hey we need to develop talent....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opening day Saturday.

Cant wait for VMSL premier player Rusty to pass the ball back all game long and Baldy to hit useless long balls all game while jogging around the park.

But hey we need to develop talent....
It really is incredible how useless they are at developing players.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You see it right from the youth ages.

Tajon Buchanon had to find his own to get noticed in this country.

Compare him to ANY whitecap on the current roster.

Same goes for Alistair Johnston.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting comparisons....

Tajon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajon_Buchanan
Alistair: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alistair_Johnston

I think both made their way through talent, hard work, and probably a bit of luck. Both followed near exclusively North American routes to MLS and now beyond for Tajon. Largely in later years I'd think their development came at the Div 1 level. Both notably had L1O experience as well.

I dunno. Can any of us say how good either of these guys were coming out of youth?

The real differentiator seems to be, for me, the Caps. There is no reason Colorado or Nashville or Dallas should be any better at developing players, but somehow they were able to give these guys a platform to develop at.

If anything, these guys (especially TB) have shown you can come up exclusively in North America, and earn yourself a solid pro career. Attitude wise, we now know both these players had something special to give. Both are clearly driven, when they got their opportunities in the shop window, they took hold and went balls out.

Remember way back when Bustos and the other winger / striker (can't even remember his name, sold onto div 3 Germany or something) got their chances, they played like timid, scared kittens? Bustos seems to be doing ok now, but how many years did he waste? Will he ever get a shot in MLS again?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

...and I would take TB over ANY player on the Whitecaps roster. AJ....yeah maybe him, too. Certainly over any defender, that's a no-brainer. How the Caps missed out on that deal is baffling.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
you're not taking AJ over Gauld, come on now...

the other was Kianz Froese - no idea where he is now...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, but

lol, but actually that's 3.Liga which is fully professional, and generally higher level than CPL.
Not sure that's saying much. I'd expect him to be scoring braces in the CPL, too.

He'd be a good addition to any VMSL squad. @LION ? Make an offer. Get you that scoring punch.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0