Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and call me skeptical. If I'm a coach, and considered "next up" in the WFC ladder, I'd definitely take the MLS gig, even though the club itself is a shite show. I don't know him, but I'd suspect the opportunity to get a toe back into MLS would prove too good to refuse.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't say he'd be leaving WFC to do it.
I figured, but the same applies. He's likely next up. Who else in the organization has MLS coaching credentials? Even though his are limited, I don't see this club having a better plan. They are penny pinchers. I think he'll be the next manager, and somebody else will be coaching whatever squad in the FVSL.

So, what team have you heard are joining and at what division? God I hope it's not their U23 team in Premier, that'd just not what they need.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich Fagan was the last WFC interim MLS manager

edit: bad memory... it was Dalrymple who was let go a while back, and most recently hired as Academy head by Inter Miami Beckham FC

But do we really think MDS will get fired before the end of this season? I think they'll let him finish out the year and hire a proper replacement in the offseason.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on....how many matches was that? I'd hardly call that to be significant MLS experience. He'd be a long second to Daso, for me.

Interestingly, Google searches on his name show his profile pulled down from WFC page.

Aside from his time w/ WFC2, I know nothing of him- good or bad. At least Daso had been in the leage, mostly assisting, some as interim head coach.

By no means am I saying Daso is the best next choice, I'm just saying he's likely the next choice....but sounds like you actually know something and are being cute and coy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember. I think he was there that day I made an appearance w/ Langley for my one annual summer match, turned Mikey Cain in the box, and slotted one past your rather vocal, balding keeper? You know that guy? :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
…..
But do we really think MDS will get fired before the end of this season? I think they'll let him finish out the year and hire a proper replacement in the offseason.
To this point, no, we don't. Too cheap to pay him out. But we also don't think they'll go out and spend money on a proper MLS Manager, either.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dasovic is more likely to be coaching in FVSL than MLS.

Seriously.

I'm not joking.
Unfair; we had him at Mountain before he went off to the WFC residency and he was quality. Completely different level sure but FVSL? C'mon...

Wouldn't Colin Miller get a look at some point?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfair; we had him at Mountain before he went off to the WFC residency and he was quality. Completely different level sure but FVSL? C'mon...

You'd think?

I have no idea what has been going on behind the curtain at the FVSL, so seeing that frankly had me rolling my eyes. WFC had a squad in Div. 1 for I think one season, a U-19 squad of racetrack fast kids that could be contained w/ smart, sometimes physical football. I thought it was actually a good fit for them, gave them good playing experience against men, but suspect the academy parents may not have liked the physical attention the kids got. They finished in the top 3rd of the table if I remember, maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Current state of the FVSL w/ Big Bag running the show gives me little faith the FVSL would be a good development ground for any WFC squad.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a slight against Daso. Just what the rumours are saying WFC are planning to do with the team he coaches.

You think Whitecaps could afford to outbid Tigers for his services?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'd think?

I have no idea what has been going on behind the curtain at the FVSL, so seeing that frankly had me rolling my eyes. WFC had a squad in Div. 1 for I think one season, a U-19 squad of racetrack fast kids that could be contained w/ smart, sometimes physical football. I thought it was actually a good fit for them, gave them good playing experience against men, but suspect the academy parents may not have liked the physical attention the kids got. They finished in the top 3rd of the table if I remember, maybe 2nd or 3rd.

Current state of the FVSL w/ Big Bag running the show gives me little faith the FVSL would be a good development ground for any WFC squad.

If I recall correctly, the WFC squad in FVSL D1 was some kind of "U-18 prospects" team not the actual top tier residency, and they definitely took the division title.

edit: it was 2009-10 and the kids were born in 1993/94. It was essentially a gateway to the residency, pre formation of BCSPL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I recall correctly, the WFC squad in FVSL D1 was some kind of "U-18 prospects" team not the actual top tier residency, and they definitely took the division title.

edit: it was 2009-10 and the kids were born in 1993/94. It was essentially a gateway to the residency, pre formation of BCSPL
I honestly can’t recall. It was my last match ever open men’s. We beat them 2-1 on a later stoppage time goal. The pace had me questioning life choices. :D

I do think Langley won that year as we (the club) were aiming for promotion as it looked like the Premier squad would get dropped. That being said, could have been WFC 1, Langley 2 on table. I spent the year in Masters.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think this squad would handily win the Valley. These kids are organized and training 5-6 days a week. If they can’t beat a men’s team 95% of the time, there are some real issues.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't get it. Fcuking do it right and put an entry into USL FFS. Personally, I hate this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0