Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2021 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baldy too short could get up for the second goal and didnt close down the first goal.

Sorry he is great at switching the play and hitting long balls but the defensive side of his game is very poor. Both those goals he was a part of.
The hype is too much on this kid. He hit a free kick into the box late in the game and just stood there admiring it as it was cleared and RSL broke the other way. It was not a good delivery and his general demeanor about it was shitty.

Yeah, he hits a nice long ball but he goes to it too much, basically hitting it into space when that isn't the best option.

One trick pony at this stage of his career.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly have never sent he hype since day 1.

When caps are on offence they drop him back between the two center backs so he can ping balls. Basically giving him time and space.

Let me know how many times he gets the ball in the middle if park and makes some runs. Never. How many times does he show for the back line turn around and move up field. Never.

I honestly dont get the hype and never have.

Side note anyone else think rusty if he is gonna play should always be slotted left back? Just seems he is most comfortable there. Plus not many options to pass back!!!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate this fackin coach.

homer GIF

Same shite over and over and over....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baldy too short could get up for the second goal and didnt close down the first goal.

Sorry he is great at switching the play and hitting long balls but the defensive side of his game is very poor. Both those goals he was a part of.
Well, put players in positions they can succeed in maybe? What did he think would happen when you put a midget in the middle of a back three? so poorly managed and conceived. If anything, strong back three of Ranko, Godoy, Rose, keep the wingbacks, have Baldi playing behind Alexander as a deep lying playmaker. I mean, it’s so easy to see that this should be your formation if you are hell bent on back three. No?

it’s just so dumb I can’t wrap my head around what the thinking was?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, on the one hand any hype from the Whitecaps about a residency product has to be taken with a mountain of salt... on the other, I think the criticism of Baldy is also a little over the top at this point. As Dude pointed out, when you try to put square pegs in round holes you won't get what you expected out of the pegs and may well damage them.

On another note, anyone see the MDS pre-game speech before their win against Montreal? Holy hell.... I get that he's ESL but even accounting for that... inspirational? Jesus...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baldisimo was playing the base of the triangle in centre mid.

There was no back 3. He was not played out of position.

Anyway, fcuk this team. Carry on.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the point was more how he was asked to play, not where he was playing....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your anchors back there were one tall guy, one medium sized guy, and two back- short- playing as wing backs. Something had to give, and it was the wrong piece to give coverage. The line-up was drawn up as a 3-5-2 (and yes, going by memory, but remember distinctly thinking on the pregame show, WTF is MDS trying to accomplish here? Recipe for disaster). It was absolutely square peg / round hole. The backs were pressing from the beginning and exposing the two pillars, getting them stretched out, and now Baldisimo is being sucked in as coverage. It was a total shite show. The chances alone at the beginning showed just how poorly organized they were. How often did you see Baldi up the field? As opposed, how often did you see Bikel?

And, talk about square peg / round hole? Bikel. WTF was MDS' intention there? At one point the seas parted for him, he was on the right side maybe 25 yards out, and he PASSED OFF, instead of driving to the 18. Why? It's cause he's a defensive midfielder, and was being pushed up the park. I know I've sung his praises, he had a 97 minute bad dream on Friday. Let him be that coverage.

Anyways, whatever THAT was, it was absolute disorganized shite. But, it's like a car wreck. Can't. Not. Watch.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
News on Twatter: Gloire Amanda just signed w/ newly promoted SK Austria. He'll get a chance playing in the 1st division.

WTF. Honestly, what does this say about the Caps as a club that they could not get this deal over the line? And, good for him, we know what the Caps do to both prospects and strikers.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
News on Twatter: Gloire Amanda just signed w/ newly promoted SK Austria. He'll get a chance playing in the 1st division.

WTF. Honestly, what does this say about the Caps as a club that they could not get this deal over the line? And, good for him, we know what the Caps do to both prospects and strikers.
I read somewhere that there's an issue with players not wanting to come here because of the quality of the squad... that's often a death-knell for a franchise - especially a small market/budget one - if they don't get that perception fixed in a hurry...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read somewhere that there's an issue with players not wanting to come here because of the quality of the squad... that's often a death-knell for a franchise - especially a small market/budget one - if they don't get that perception fixed in a hurry...

I'd argue more to do w/ off-field leadership. Lack of vision, and wrong manager. The right manager fixes a lot of the squad issues, either organically, or by reputation.

The club has killed itself slowly in almost all ways...how many people are dying to have the days of Roboball back? I'll admit it, I'd ax this whole fcuking squad just to have that back. My feeling is that whenever players or agents hear our name, they first try and find ANY better fit. The perception is that this club keep tripping over quarters to collect pennies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those looking to torture yourselves... game day vs LA Galaxy.

If/when they lose, does MDS get the hook? How would that even work out, I mean they would have to replace him internally, no?

Knowing this fcuked up club, they would announce the replacement being a player coach: Ali Adnan.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those looking to torture yourselves... game day vs LA Galaxy.

If/when they lose, does MDS get the hook? How would that even work out, I mean they would have to replace him internally, no?

Knowing this fcuked up club, they would announce the replacement being a player coach: Ali Adnan.
I think MDS's primary assistant is his brother, so that's clearly not an option.

They do however have the Italian fella who is the "Director of Coaching Methodology" and coaches the U23 team. That U23 team just had a 4-0 win in a friendly against the super professional, best team in BC, funded by a certain Saudi Doctor. With a result like that against such a high level of competition he must be a really great coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0