Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shea is driving me nuts. Not a striker. No pace. No strength. No finish. At least hurtado hunts and holds up a ball. Come on.

Did our new stud striker even touch the ball? Montero needs to found in the box, he doesn't seem like he is part of any build up.

Lots of guys were slipping around the park tonight. We were in tough either way, but we have to get that away goal.

Tough one to watch tonight. We did defend well enough but we need to finish one of those chances. Bolanos was only one showing
Patience and confidence on the ball.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really feel after watching the game last night, that there is no way Manneh can play against these guys. He won't track back and they will destroy him on the wing and have way to much space.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that's a good enough reason to bench Shea for awhile.

Here comes 30 minutes of playing in our own third. Sit back and let them come at us and hope to keep the ball out of the net.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barely got my post finished. :rolleyes:

Waston with another horrible clearance that cost them a goal.

Manneh -2

Last edited:

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough result for the Caps but nice to see Canadians play for a change.

Whitecaps
Davies
Tiebert
Richey (has a grandma that is Canadian)

with De Jong on the bench, and if healthy I'm sure Edgar would play ahead of Waston.

TFC
Osorio (assist)
Ricketts
Edwards (great cross for the first goal)

with
Hamilton and Chapman on the bench

Better than most MLS games

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we just buy one or two actual DPs. Actual top end players. Sorry I can't be a blind fan of this. I'm all for supporting your local team but I think I'll find an amateur team to cheer on.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, we need someone with some excitement. The product is bland and dissapoints most nights.

Hurtado proves again he's not a goal scorer by rifling a shot down the tunnel

Last edited:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't have Laba and Tiebert in the midfield it offers nothing going forward and they both play so deep they can reach out and touch Our centre backs. Oh and let's play more long balls up to Montero that should work. He must be on the phone to his agent trying to get a ticket out of here. They keep this up and they will be lucky to get 10,000 in for games.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There seems to be no urgency in attacking in unison from the front players. Montero was hustling his bag off while the wingers just sat back. You could see the frustration on his face. He wins a lot of arial challenges with his head also, which is kind of surprising because he isn't the tallest player. I was really excited when we signed Brek but he seems to be a former shadow of the player he once use to be. He doesn't run as smooth as before and I'm wondering if is carrying a knock or something else. Hurtado blasted in to the side netting when he should have probably shot across goal but both him and Manneh came in after the double yellow/red to Brek so it's tough to judge them on that but yeah, it was nil-nil at that point.

It's still early days so lots of room for improvement. I wouldn't be surprised if Hurtado leads the line with Montero just sitting a bit behind him in future games. Hurtado does hold the ball up well and this would give Montero more touches on the ball. I think that's what they did with him in Seattle at some point.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Canadians, how about Bustos, the forgotten man? Last seen vs. Connor Hildebrandt in the FVSL match. How far has he fallen out of favour, and now I see he's called up to Canada?

Seriously, WT actual Fcuk?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Carl has an absolute heater for one striker, why I don't know because we don't have a quality striker (Montero yet to show, it's only 3 games) and let alone there are only so many strikers who can play a lone role. I still believe we need to clean house and start again. I really want to support the boys but man it's hard to even watch on tv without flipping to something else.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The time for Kumbaya Canadians has long passed. they need to quit fcuking around and realize that their residency is a shambolic failure. fifteen years in of "give us your best we know better than you" and they have ZERO to show for it. Davies via Alberta via Liberia, Greig via Saskatchewan, Teibert via GTA - not that he's a credit to them of course - and now we're going to golf clap the Canadians that played today?

I don't care if they have to find talent on Mars, just fcuking find it for a change and mix in a win. Otherwise, we can go watch ten Canadians and "E Money" go kick it around at Swangard in front of 5,000 people again.

At least then Teibert will be at level.

Maybe.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome back bud.

The time for Kumbaya Canadians has long passed. they need to quit fcuking around and realize that their residency is a shambolic failure. fifteen years in of "give us your best we know better than you" and they have ZERO to show for it. Davies via Alberta via Liberia, Greig via Saskatchewan, Teibert via GTA - not that he's a credit to them of course - and now we're going to golf clap the Canadians that played today?

I don't care if they have to find talent on Mars, just fcuking find it for a change and mix in a win. Otherwise, we can go watch ten Canadians and "E Money" go kick it around at Swangard in front of 5,000 people again.

At least then Teibert will be at level.

Maybe.

Marchand is still a douche though

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched Brek play defensively last night and he is TERRIBLE. He jockeys...that is all. Zero bite. Can't tackle. Doesn't even try to tackle. And then the garbage w the ref and getting sent off at 0-0 is a real red flag. I'd park him on the bench after his suspension and work on a trade.

TFC is so much better than us. The quality difference in the centre of the park was so obvious. All over the park really but in the middle the gap is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0