Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree @cascadesoccer , not a fan of Harvey either really.

Did anyone else think Shea had an absolute stinker last night? First 3 passes were 5 feet short, then tripped over the ball, then took a cross off his foot that went off the endline, and made another short pass right after that.
He was difficult to watch

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brek didn't do much again. He isn't a target man/striker. Period.

Hurtado does a lot well. He set up two great chances that we should have finished.
The bugs free shot at the PK spot and a nice through ball to Davies he just missed.
He holds it up. And gets in behind the defence quite a bit. If anything manneh had a terrible game, along with Brek and the bug.

Montero will obv work up to more minutes. And play with Mezquida or someone else behind him in the 10 roll. He doesn't get on the ball much. We just need to find him around the 18.

Harvey played fine. Same with the right back and I was impressed with Dean. Dean can spray a ball and made some very solid challenges all with out going to ground.

Manneh isn't a 10 for me. Yah he can sprint at backlines but his vision and passing to create for others is pretty poor. He is a winger.

I hope Brek doesn't get forced minutes when everyone is healthy. Two games and he has done zero. Seems super rusty.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with @LION, Manneh was the worst player on the pitch. He was so bad he actually made Hurtado look good.

I don't know wtf the rest of you are watching.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone notice Montero losing some foot battles to loose balls that he should have won? Is his speed an issue? It might explain why he's not on the ball much...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with @LION, Manneh was the worst player on the pitch. He was so bad he actually made Hurtado look good.

I don't know wtf the rest of you are watching.
I didn't watch, just followed on twitter as I was at work.However I watched the last few seasons and the preseason (was a season ticket holder) enough to know that Hurtado works hard but by no means has the skill to be a striker in this league, let alone the only guy up top. He wouldn't lead a team in scoring in the vmsl.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manneh made Hurtado look good, which by no means is a compliment. Manneh was closely followed by the bug for a poor game. The line up that finished is what should have started. I don't understand the need to rest players first game of the season. If Montero isn't up to 90, play him the first 60, and throw shea on. A double sub at 58 limits your options.

Hurtado didn't do anything wrong, Manneh's decision making in the final 3rd is tough. Too many times he's taking guys on, cutting the wrong way out of space, or playing the wrong pass. Sent Hurtado on a 30/70 through ball when he had Davies free and clear on his left. Thought he gave up easy on balls within his reach/fight.

Techera's shot was the stuff Jarju is made of, or Mattocks, or Hurtado. He is another player that simply isn't up to the level. Only looked good in CCL last year, can't remember the last time he played well in an MLS game.

Davies is a level above, despite being a generation behind. Was easily our best attacking option, and think he took guys on, made plays that none of the other 4 were making. Forget working him in. He is a starter.

Carls decision making befuddles me. We clearly started a kick and run line up, with 0 midfield play making with Manneh/Hurtado up front, and Laba/Jacobson in the middle. The double sub taking off the front runners made no sense, as putting in Brek and Montero left them with ability to build the play up to them. Should have started Montero and Rosales, I hear they know each other, maybe can even play together. Then bring on Brek and Mezquida. Keep the speed wide with Manneh and Davies.

Dean looked good, but I also think Philly is bad. Which makes us bad for not beating them. Plain and simple. Need to stop these feel good post game conferences about how great we played and how great our effort was. We didn't win at home against a bad team.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Dean, I thought he played some great long balls and looked good but wasn't tested defensively so its hard to know where he is really at. Laba was looking like his old self and Davies was easily our best attacking option.

I just find it baffling that Hurtado starts this game. I'm with you Lion he has good hold up play and wins some lost causes with his speed and strength but this is professional soccer and he lacks class. Flat out he can't finish. How many times have we seen this kind of look and it isn't good enough.

Freddy Montero doesn't look the quickest does he. Seems like a pure finisher. Fox in the box type. I'm hoping they can find the right line up soon because I can't watch another season of that. I haven't given up on Manneh, he was hurt a long time but i would like to see Manneh or Davies on one side and Brek Shea on the other. I realize Shea hasn't looked sharp but he brings some size and experience. Something different.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah Montero looked super slow comparing to some of the super atheletes on the pitch. One play in particular where he was ahead of the guy for a race for the loose ball and the guy just burnt him. Made Montero look like an amateur.

Yah hurtado doesn't score. Poor guy. I see it.
But with no one to even get through balls from and no playmaker in behind him I really think the plan is long ball in the corners over the top.
Laba, Manneh and Jacobson were the three behind him. If anything he had the best offensive vision out of all of them on some plays. Davies of course being the best of the group.

Not saying hurtado is the man or should be by any stretch. But we don't have much else in form.

Brek and Montero just got signed and need to get up to game speed from what I see. 60 min and a start might be a bit much still for them I guess. Who knows. But Brek is 0 for 2 on doing much those games.

You can only live on your past name for so long. He hasn't done a lot in some seasons now. Hope he can get going. Just don't see him as a target man at all.

My son asked why that girl was playing when we were watching the game. Lol
Pony tail and a head band will do that.
With him and bolanos on the field we need an official head band sponsor. fcuk sakes.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION don't forget Mezquida!

vancouver-whitecaps-forward-nicolas-mezquida-reacts-during-the-game-picture-id648451158

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright @Regs which account is Hurtado on here? He's obviously been reading our posts and had to prove us wrong

And could someone mark Wondo please!?

Last edited:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russell Teibert. Drops to help out the 5 other Whitecap players already behind the ball, allowing SJ to lay it back to the wide open option about 25 out, and... I mean really, this is u11 level shite and the Whitecaps are too stupid to figure out that playing a PDL level (maybe) player at MLS is going to cost you points.

Absolutely shameful. Clowns.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was painful to watch them get a ball back and kick it far, as far as they could!, only to have it end up on the foot of a SJ player and have them cram it down their throats over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0