Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't catch the game but read that we were a man down from the 22nd minute on. Ousted with the red. Could explain for the possession stat.

Good on the caps for sticking with Hurtado. They must see a plus side to him in training and also getting better with each game. To bench him would kill his confidence and his career with the caps. Maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic. ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeping Manneh on the pitch was a WTF moment for me... Nico does 100 times the work that kid does, it made no sense to me.

I read last week that Manneh was taking Davies under his wing... someone please step in ASAP, maybe send the fcuker on a "change up" to get his ass in gear because he is soon to be our version of Freddy Adu (Manneh, not Davies) :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would have been nice to see them keep SOME possession though even though they were down to 10. They were playing like they were trying to kill a couple minutes of extra time and hold on for a final whistle. What happened to the team that plays better with 10? They went into panic mode right away.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree Yoda. We were down 1 man not 3. It was as if we were in the last 10min of the game with one team pushing for a goal and the other desperate to hold on except there was 70min left. Honestly Robbo has to take some blame for this, Manneh was horrible and is a zero defensively. Why is he still on?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the Canucks game last night and haven't even seen hilites.

TSN Turning Point was the red obviously.
Did Ousted blow this one for us or was it an innocent challenge on his part?

Fcuk me the guy we sing praises to all the time bottles it, and then I hear Hurtado did well and was in on both goals?

Bi-zarre.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the challenge was fair, any forward would have went down if a keeper came anywhere near their legs, touched or not.

Some will say he should have stayed and tried to play the shot but Wondo doesn't miss those, although had he scored we still would have 11 on the pitch. Ousted is agressive, he'd probably do the same again and again if the opportunity was there.

Manneh should have been off for a more 2 way player for sure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI:

If you haven't heard, Tuesday's big match in Mexico has been picked up by TSN.
I'm now trying to find where I saw this but can't find any mention anywhere... @GoF - you probably know, can you confirm anything regarding Tuesday's match being broadcast on TV?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm now trying to find where I saw this but can't find any mention anywhere... @GoF - you probably know, can you confirm anything regarding Tuesday's match being broadcast on TV?

I am not seeing this anywhere. I hope you have return policy for those who liked any thanked you for fake news.

#biggestgameinwhitecapshistorystreamedonaniphone

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I know :(

But try to find some info right now on even streaming coverage... :mad:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought for not having the ball the Caps defended very well and held off a very talented team. We created hardly nothing moving forward and we had imo our best line up out. Shea and Nick squandered our only opportunities. I think Waston needs to go, not for the own goal but for the countless fouls, cards and reckless decisions the last few years. Shea isn't doing anything and he's on DP salary, that dive was absolutely disgraceful. Simply outclassed tonight by a better team really. 2-0 was a fair result but it's going to be hard to come back from this deficet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0