Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manneh/Mezquida/Bustos. It's irrelevant, as obviously Bolanos is getting the start when he's back from Intl duty.

Unless you are advocating dropping Techera?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite correct, I'm thinking in terms of now, not once he returns. Which I think is going to be at least one more match, no?

I'm advocating Tetchera over anyone else on the left once Bolanos returns. But beyond that, there has to be a depth chart, too. The 4-4-2 is obviously going to stay for a bit, so opportunities for Bustos and Mezquida are only going to come as Morales gets shelved for rest and / or injuries.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Techera has already been dropped for Bolanos though, no?

First 4 matches:

Bolanos/Techera - Manneh for Techera at 61'
Techera/Manneh (Bolanos suspended) - Aird for Techera at HT after red card
Bolanos/Manneh - Techera for Manneh at 83'
Techera/Manneh (Bolanos on Intl) - Techera out at 69' / Manneh out at 86'

I guess it's Bolanos one wing and Manneh/Techera fighting it out on the other.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know, Robo seems to have, in the past at least, favored resting players returning from International duty. But I guess we'll see. Playing this weekend would mean 3 matches in 8 days, plus all the travel...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at least he'll be better prepared than the Whitecaps in town who won't have any boots to train in...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see them going 4-3-3 late in matches if they have a lead. Where mez can fit in perhaps. Really all depends.

Either way I like the two forward system as long as our mid can hold its own.

@Dude I like that we even have some options and it's not Hurtado or mattocks we are forcing out there.

Manneh off the bench is best for me (if looking for goals) Agreed. Just was arguing why he keeps going to Manneh perhaps.
Bolanos and the bug would be first choice.
But would like Mez to get a chance as well. He can create.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bolanos off the bench perhaps this weekend if need be. Yah 3 games in 8 days is much with travel and all.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mezquida was apparently injured which was why he was being described as "not fit." Not sure why we have to go through all the hockey-style "upper-body/lower-body" type bs of non-communication...

Dude, give the boots back. Robbo says he'll forgive you, no questions asked, but only this time. The players need their boots to play against LA.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha...I haven't stolen boots since about 1986. But if there are some old MF Wolves lurking these forums, and you lost your size 10 boots down at Mundy 4, I confess, it was I.

Back to Mezquida...he was describing himself as fit and ready to play, and didn't understand why he wasn't. So...yes, definitely some communication shenanigans being played.

Fcuking hell, why do we have depth, again? So we can keep putting out unfit players, apparently.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garbage Red Card. When is a slide tackle, where both shoes are touching the ground, a red cardable offence?
Absolutely aweful and unlucky

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. That is a yellow at best. He did show studs. But it wasn't malicious or high or anything.

Morales is fragile. I love his vision and all but I'm over building around him. Lasted 3 games and 19 minutes. Yes he can finish a PK, I get that.
I'm sure he will be out for a while now. Good thing we got Jacobson. Seems like a good steady midfield. But not a game breaker.

That's what I meant from morales playing in a. 4-4-2. You need to cover lots of ground and get up and down the park. He doesn't have the legs or body to do it, it seems. Way more KM's on the body in that shape for him.

He needs to be the 10 or a sitting holder that sprays pirlo style. I just don't see him being able to keep up all season long pushing the pace in that shape.

Agh. Hope it's not a long one. To come out 19th minute must be his hammy or same issue he battled last year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worse is that the ref was going for the yellow until the galaxy surrounded him... then he went for the red.

Magee will get suspended next Thursday by the DisCo for simulation

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. I saw that @Regs he for sure was going for a yellow.
Then de Jong said something like, I played for Holland and AC Milan. That's a red. And he then went to the back pocket.

Or did he get something in the ear peace?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our Bolanos has a first name, it's
s u c k s.
Our Bolanos has a second name, it's
B a l l s

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah was going to say. Bolanos has an amazing touch and can play. Mez with a great game too. Had the legs. Sucks ref ruined that game and my couch time.

What a stop from ousted. A bit flukey but still. That save, saved it. :)
Sell morales. Give Mez a chance.
Bolanos and the bug is the starting wingers for sure.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps looked fcuking horrendous. If it wasn't for Ousted (apart from the first which was unlucky) it could have been 8. Possibly the worst game I've seen in years. Thankfully Hurtado showed why he doesn't belong on an mls park. Two amazing chances and blows them both, finishing as bad as that hairdo. I don't even know what else to say to that. Just garbage.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah. Tough though. How many reps has that line up had together. First matches for many this season. Bustos first ever start. T Burt coming off a long injury. Jacobson first start in the middle.

I'm not a fan of kudo. What does he bring? Hold up play? Power? Pace? 1v1 danger? Brilliant runs? None of the above.
Over him already from what I have seen.

Tchechera is either good against his wingback or completely gets shut down. He is so tiny that hard for him to be a beast on the wing. Unless the match up is there.

Where was Nico mezquida? Did all the Latinos want to take the same game off? Lol

Anyways. shite game but really with that line up what were we expecting. who thought tiebert and Jacobson was going to run the park with kudo up top?

Blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0