Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow just saw a replay of the Villa goal from the Pirlo corner and that has got to be the most blatant pick. Not only does the NYC player block Laba initially but when Labe tries to go around the other side he stretches out both arms to block Laba and Parker.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Whitecaps need to stop the whole 4-5-1 formation and also if we could stop buying strikers in the clearance section, we may be able to score some legit goals. I sense a whole new restructure AGAIN next year. Starting with a healthy attacking CM and a real DP striker. (one can only hope)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to read that article...how did Manneh get suspended? He was too busy doing his Houdinni impression again.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah...I don't know about that, but I think "they" (whoever "they" are) are trying to have a zero tolerance policy on studs-first tackles.

I'm just glad it gets the kid off the park. I hope someone can step-up and make that spot their own. Bug? Let's go....

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Kudo did a good job today. Played bto space and made some nice plays, Rivero didn't seem too happy to only play the last 10 but maybe that will motivate him a bit. Laird was pretty good and Parker was well Parker, one of the best on the pitch. Starting to show some promise.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I liked the line-up. I hope the goal buys Kudo more time and the same level of support.

I don't disagree w/ @LION 's assessment of Kudo. He's physically underwhelming. Not the biggest, not the fastest, not a powerhouse by any means. Technically he's underwhelming, but maybe in a good way. We don't see nearly the same level of heavy touches as we used to w/ one striker who was playing for the Timbers on Saturday.

What we do see is some very good movement, seemingly always intent on creating space for himself or his teammates. He seems to be a slippery and difficult player to mark.

For me, the two games we've looked really good in attack were this one, and vs. the Galaxy before we went down to 10 men. We certainly look better when Kudo has an attacker her can work alongside, that draws a mark. Nico, as a #10, gives you that feature.

About the only player, to me, that may deserve getting switched out is Techera...but really, I'll take an average Bug over an average Manneh, anytime.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl 2h2 hours ago
Hearing Columbus is trying to trade Kei Kamara pre-deadline, but it's hard to move DPs since so many teams have the maximum 3 DPs already.

Would people be happy if we traded Rivero for him? Proven scorer in MLS, but obviously a big age gap between the two.

Also, based on his history it seems like Kamara may not exactly be a "team player", but again, he puts the ball in the net.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know nothing about him, but a quick Google search reveals both the production (22 goals last year), and the potential cancer.

The PK incident would be bad here, especially when you have a guy like Morales who is money in the bank from the spot. A couple of games ago, we saw Manneh pull a face when Nico went over and took the ball from him to place it on the spot for Bolanos. I hate that moany shite.

It always amazes me when players get all pissy about their PKs, or lack of PK opportunity. The one and only thing that matters is putting the ball in the onion bag, and for that, you go to your highest percentage shooter.

From the other side of the argument, it would be nice to have a guy up front with a lot of swagger, some attitude, and high production. How many times last year did we say, "If only we had a pure finisher." Is this the guy?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is never a bad choice when choosing someone to take a penalty is there Terry?
td.jpg

The thought of adding a true goal scorer to this lineup versus the risk of disrupting the locker room. Very tempting.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would take Drogba in a heartbeat even though he is probably gone and the end of the year and he doesn't want to play on turf.
Swangaurd is still available right?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sources have confirmed that Whitecaps and Crew have finalized deal sending Kei Kamara to Vancouver for Octavio Rivero & allocation $ WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0